• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA4 + iCEnhancer mod. Holy mother of god.

some more screens.

28vvk3.jpg

24orak6.jpg

Exuro said:
Just tried it out with my Steam version.

GTX 260
i7 920
4 gig ram

Ran in the 15 - 30s. The menus were completely screwed up and shadows on other islands were wonky looking. Also had a weird lens flare thing while driving at night. I probably screwed a thing or two up with installing(if you know of either problem and the fix let me know) but the lighting looks amazing.
lol, a GTX 260 is out-performing my 2GB 6950.

pardon me while I go cry.

Dreams-Visions said:

Try using a driver from when the 1.0.4 patch was only just released for a few weeks.

They may have broken something along the way, and I doubt they care enough to test for old patches.

Blizzard

Banned
RedSwirl said:
How about a 6850 (1GB on a Core 2 Quad)?
From what people are saying like this:
Dreams-Visions said:

It would seem that this game, like (almost?) every game out there, runs better on nVidia cards, often with more features. I've been AMD for years but I am tempted to try nVidia even though I suspect both camps get by people saying "their drivers suck".

Blizzard said:
It would seem that this game, like (almost?) every game out there, runs better on nVidia cards, often with more features. I've been AMD for years but I am tempted to try nVidia even though I suspect both camps get by people saying "their drivers suck".
well idk. sometimes it's true sometimes it isn't. this is the only game I've played that has these kinds of problems.

Sethos

Banned
DennisK4 said:
Is no one else using First Person?

I am, for screenshots. Playing with it is horrible. Inside the cars it just looks stupid with the low-res interior and the wild wheel spinning. Outside it's annoying to have that disconnected feel from your body, "Oh I'm gonna walk forward" and then you almost walk backwards because your body was facing another direction until he slowly turns around.

Plus his constant little animations, like when it's raining and he wipes himself, that hand animation just plays in front of the camera constantly, so annoying. ( Not in a "Oh that's immersive" kind of way, more in a "Why is this animation glitching all over my face". )

Perhaps I should just get used to it.

And I'm planning on starting my fifth GTA IV completion run this weekend now that I have this mod and it's running so god damn smoothly now :D

Peagles

flipswitch said:
traffic jam screenshot

This is when you need to blow one of those cars up and start a chain reaction!
I swear I've spent way too many hours blowing cars up in this game

How many people posting pics have been successful with Steam GTA IV? I'd like to try this out but not sure it's worth the hassle...

Enco

IMACOMPUTA said:
Get the 1.0.4.0 patch and get the old rockstar games social club.

here

http://www.filestube.com/7ouArSENHJuPpwhBzMOFSL/GTAIV-MAINTENANCE-UPDATE-1040-EFIGS.html

and this

http://www.filestube.com/f3a4d76ef300624b03ea,g/Rockstar-Games-Social-Club.html

Install the patch and then install the social club.
This worked.

1. Download the files above. Install the patch. I copied the Social Club to a random folder and launched it
2. Download xliveless (messes up my menus). Extract the files to the GTA directory
3. Download iCEnhancer. Extract the files to the GTA directory
4. Run LaunchGTAIV (I think that's what it's called) from the GTA directory

My game didn't look as good as some of those who posted here and I can't be bothered to go through editing files. I'll just wait for a game that looks that good without the hassle.

Make sure you back up your game using Steam first if you don't want to re download 15GB!

-viper-

Banned
zaidr said:
Are all of you with kick ass screens posted using nVidia cards?
I'm on an MSI 2GB 6950 and it feels like perfectly playable with ICE's config at high settings and 1080p.

edit: I've noticed some of your screens look nothing like mine. How many different configs are out there? Desspents is one, but any others I could try out?

I really want to try this mod but my gtx260 and c2d only just manage to run regular GTAIV at 30fps, this would just make it too jumpy for me.

Amazing screens, keep posting more!

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
How much of a performance hit does the game take with this mod? Im on a 5870m and am curious as to whether its worth the time.

Pretty huge performance hit imo. Im running better textures with icenhancer forced 16xaf on a Core i5 2400 + 5850 Twin Frozr II and i get 20-25fps in 1920x1200. Its playable but only just but its so worth it night time looks amazing.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I can't believe this old lady was driving this! - http://i.imgur.com/3QBDo.jpg
I also don't mind this shot - http://i.imgur.com/j167j.jpg

I think i'm starting to prefer bloom and skylighting enabled, It just gives the game a warm feeling. It's a little overdone but it's better than the darkness that you get with it turned off. I also seem to be enjoying the day time look and feel more so than the night.

Still need to get the damn texture pack up and running. If only i wasn't so lazy and could download the 24 rars quicker!

Edit maybe i have skyligting disabled still. I have no idea anymore lol

elseanio

I wish I could turn the brightness up slightly at night time. Never like total black in games.. far too dark in areas with no street lights.

Edit* Changed this option, seemed to get the desired change

NightLightingIntensity=1.4 (from 1.0)

Coldsnap

Enco said:
This worked.

1. Download the files above. Install the patch. I copied the Social Club to a random folder and launched it
2. Download xliveless (messes up my menus). Extract the files to the GTA directory

My game didn't look as good as some of those who posted here and I can't be bothered to go through editing files. I'll just wait for a game that looks that good without the hassle.

Make sure you back up your game using Steam first if you don't want to re download 15GB!

woooo

grkazan12

Tried it out two days ago and it looks gorgeous, props to the person who put out this enhancer.

Two Questions:

is there way to turn off Dynamic DOF, I think it looks great but at times it tries to focus really quickly causing the image to look like its focusing in and out constantly?

and

any way to turn down light intensity?

pix

Question. I got the complete pack on steam yesterday. I'm not going to try the ICEnhancer mod yet. I want to get the HD texture pack working though. Does it work ok using the Steam version? Or is there something I have to do to get it to work. Downloading the Ultimate Textures v2.0 pack now.

AusQB

I had the mod installed before and played around with it a bit. Noticed a slight overall performance drop but still playable. But just now I decided to run a benchmark.

The results claimed the video adapter was a Nvidia 9600 GT. I have a Radeon 6970.

I guess that's just Rockstar's way of showing how much they love AMD.

Also, is there a way to remove or reduce the vignette around the edge of the screen? It gets a bit annoying at times.

Edit: Nevermind. Seems it was just the super high brightness that was forcing it. I thought copying in the xlive.dll file was supposed to remove that.

Smokey

Enco said:
This worked.

yessssssss

seems like quite a few hops to get through to get it to work, but looks worth it.

Pachimari

If I buy this for my iMac 27":

Intel Core i5
3.1 GHz
AMD Radeon HD 6970M with 1GB of VRAM

Will I be able to play this with the mod?

Sethos

Banned
AusQB said:
I had the mod installed before and played around with it a bit. Noticed a slight overall performance drop but still playable. But just now I decided to run a benchmark.

The results claimed the video adapter was a Nvidia 9600 GT. I have a Radeon 6970.

I guess that's just Rockstar's way of showing how much they love AMD.

It's a setting within the Iceconfig that forces the game to see your GPU as an Nvidia processor, as that supposedly eliminates some graphical glitches.

[GLOBAL]
AdditionalConfigFile=nothing
UseEffect=true
CyclicConfigReading=false
ForceNVidiaCard=true
ForceNVidiaCaps=false

Top Bottom