• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Vita Japanese Launch Thread. "APOCALYPTIC!" says concerned Nuclear Muffin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Screw that screen protector, can't use those things. But yeah, it's easier than on the PSP.

Also, I screwed up in the remote play video -- didn't have the right media server set up. Media server works beautifully over remote play, can watch videos on Vita through PS3 through PC, lol.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
who is that ugly specimin in that picture with the games ?!?

RE: BC - i have to redownload EVERYTHING?! are you kidding me?!?

braves01

Banned
Store music is a nice change. It's not quite as good as Wii Shop music, but hugely improved over the old lonely, quiet PSN.

Everything else looks really slick. If I didn't get burned buying PSP day one, I'd be in line for this, too.

Hmm... want to make a video for PSP games, can't figure out where the options are (bilinear filtering, right stick options, etc). Anyone know?

Rengoku

Here are a couple questions I thought up, maybe someone can answer:

- Pairing Bluetooth devices - mouse/keyboard? ps3 controller? Manual mentions AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile), does that mean the ps3 bluetooth remote can pair with it?

- GPS with Google Maps app? - Theres a terms of use menu for Google Maps in the settings apparently, does that mean theres an app as well?

- Voice Chat support while playing games?

DCharlie

Hmm... want to make a video for PSP games, can't figure out where the options are (bilinear filtering, right stick options, etc). Anyone know?

it popped up once and i set it and it's not been back

Monster Hunter looks like garbage.

Other thoughts :

Ridge - lol
UI - some nice bits, but so far it feels like i'm fighting it to do stuff. Not very intuitive in parts (e.g. as per above - how the hell do i get the options back up for games?)

So far - my PSV boner is so so so soft. :/

Got it, will do a vid now :D

BTW I'm pretty stoked on this thing. Done so much and I haven't even played a game yet (aside from Welcome Park) lol

it popped up once and i set it and it's not been back

Monster Hunter looks like garbage.

Other thoughts :

Ridge - lol
UI - some nice bits, but so far it feels like i'm fighting it to do stuff. Not very intuitive in parts (e.g. as per above - how the hell do i get the options back up for games?)

So far - my PSV boner is so so so soft. :/

by garbage do you mean it looks worse than the PSP?

shit if so

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Did you guys copy the PSP games via the content manager or just downloaded them again?
I get "broken file" when I throw the folders with eboots from my media go to the content manager folder. :(

DCharlie

by garbage do you mean it looks worse than the PSP?

it looks okay once i got into the level, but still - probably keep it on the PSP rather than the Vita. :/

Now trying Mingol - again, i've not got much time so racing through each. Tomorrow should be a better day. Seems like Mingol - am i tripping or do the graphics look a touch blocky? Sort of like things are running at the wrong res?

Jarmel

Banned
Here are the screens. Sorry it took so long, busy day. I'll be back on in a couple of hours. I played some more of Abyss and the controls really are the pit.

20111217214554.jpg

20111217214528.jpg

20111217214424.jpg

20111217214313.jpg

Much more impressed with Marvel vs Capcom both gameplay-wise and visually. And I don't even like fighters.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
960 x 544 is Vita's native resolution. The images of Uncharted are 960 x 544. What am I missing? There should be no scale whatsoever.

It is the size. Look smaller, jaggies are not so obvious. Resolution is not the same thing as size. He is just saying, on the vita screen, with its smaller size and at the same resolution, it will look better.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
960 x 544 is Vita's native resolution. The images of Uncharted are 960 x 544. What am I missing? There should be no scale whatsoever.

Which is stupid, btw. Once scaling is involved the IQ will get altered anyway. It's more representative as it is now.

I am not even sure if you have played a handheld game before. Try looking at some PSP screens and actually playing it. The size makes a difference

sakipon

Gonna ask once more due to OCD: Anybody use screen protectors? What brand? Working well?

Please respond.

Seconded. I was looking at the cheaper Hori one on Play-Asia... and to be specific, the version that only goes on the screen. Not sure if it's out yet though.

Furoba

Omg got mine running now, dat OLED screen. :eek:

So fucking smooth. Got both 3G and Wifi up and running.

Only got MvC3, but going to try and download Suikoden I&II PSP. :)

Did firmware update, but doesn't turn on again? Am I doing something wrong? (nvm guess it just went black while updating?)

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Did firmware update, but doesn't turn on again? Am I doing something wrong? (nvm guess it just went black while updating?)
Yeah, the default standby timer is 1 min, you can set it to 3 or 5. Don't worry, all the downloads and installs still run in the background.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom