• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Vita Japanese Launch Thread. "APOCALYPTIC!" says concerned Nuclear Muffin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baki

Does anyone know when the MGS Collection will be released for VITA. Probably my most hyped game right now. MGS on the go. <3

noobie

Banned
Are these lines not short for selling 700k launch units. ??
Now its launched so What jgaf believe will be the first week sales of Vita hardware...

I hope its not another PSP Go.??

nofi

Really keen on hearing about account changing. My import is (hopefully) on the way and whilst I've got a Japanese PSN account I'd be interested to hear how easy it is (or not) to download a game off the Store and then switch to my UK account to play it.

Something that, IMO, should not be a hassle... :(

Furoba

Now its launched so What jgaf believe will be the first week sales of Vita hardware...

PSP Vita seemed to be selling very smoothly at Bic in Yurakucho. 30 min lines. I'd rather have plenty of stock than a limited sale.

Playing Genso Suikoden I&II PSP right now, very smooth.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I got dem' WiFi units...

381634_10150434604853883_507353882_8679653_384364681_n.jpg

Zwei

Type-0 Vita vs. PSP
NXESo.jpg

MHP3rd Vita vs. PSP
http://i.imgur.com/NscqV.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/g5TYv.jpg[IMG]

[url]http://andriasang.com/comzee/vita_vs_psp/[/url][/QUOTE]

hmm.. Not seeing a huge difference, except for the colors being slightly more vibrant on the Vita.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
I am sure someone else has tried this but JUST in case

I just reset my PSV and input my US log in details - whcih all went fine.

Try to access the store and i get blocked with "not available in your country/region"

Total IP lock down incoming?

Sintoid

Try to access the store and i get blocked with "not available in your country/region"

Maybe it is really not available...

Isn't it obvious US store will be off until February? Same thing happened with with PSP launch in Japan.

Grimmy

Banned

Remember people already lined up once during the preorder months back. So they don't need to line up again since they can just go to the store and pick it up.

Erethian

Do you set a region for your Vita when you first turn it on? Like, separately from your PSN account. And is it a 3G or Wi-Fi system?

Edit: Also yeah it could just be because Vita isn't out worldwide yet, but I wouldn't have thought that would make any difference.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey

The store must be down. Don't think they would IP lock.

DCharlie

Yeah, sorry - being a dummy - of course it's looking for the VITA SPECIFIC online store, which doesn't exist :)

Copying over one game right now - i'm sure this isn't going to work and is going to fall in a heep , but i did get the option to -not- deactivate the link between my JPN account and the machine when i reset so i am hoping beyond hope that the factory reset creates the relationship with the card ONCE and somehow it's going to flip.

Every time you change mem card it forces a hard reset to if it does just recheck that relationship i'm hoping we are quids in

DCharlie

aaaaand as expected - no go.

only content i can see is the JPN account stuff which won't run on my machine. If you want to switch regions it's a full on reset each time as stated by Sony.

What happens with save game data on the memory card when you do this?

using two cards

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
aaaaand as expected - no go.

only content i can see is the JPN account stuff which won't run on my machine. If you want to switch regions it's a full on reset each time as stated by Sony.

using two cards
DCharlie, let me ask again - did you redownload your PSP games or moved them from your PC? I'm trying to do the latter, but get a corrupted file error.

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
Quite a short line at Sofmap in Denden Town around 1 pm, still took an hour until everything was paid for. And for some reason they really cranked up the heat inside. Sure it's cold outside, but it doesn't have to be 35 degrees inside.

No 16/32 GB memory cards though, that sucks.

psvita.JPG

System works like a charm though, and instant Swedish was nice.

3G is already setup for those who got the 3G model. You have 100 3g hours and 3 high speed hours. When setting up the system, just make sure you hit enable mobile carrier or whatever when it asks you to, and you are good to go. Super simple.

pramath

Banned
Okay, I really don't want to start another thread that will be construed as a Vita hate thread, but folks...

Trophy Support is stripped from used games on the PS Vita.

The only way to unlock Trophies for a used game on the Vita is by performing the following steps:

With the game card inserted into the Vita you started the game on, sign up for PSN, then start the game.
Insert the game into the other Vita you want to play the game on, sign in to the same PSN account, then start the game.
The game recognizes you as the original player and lets you earn Trophies.

This knowledge is coming from Playstation Lifestyle, which is a banned website, so I cannot link it, but if you copy paste the above three steps into Google, it should be the top hit.

Okay, I really don't want to start another thread that will be construed as a Vita hate thread, but folks...

The only way to unlock Trophies for a used game on the Vita is by performing the following steps:

With the game card inserted into the Vita you started the game on, sign up for PSN, then start the game.
Insert the game into the other Vita you want to play the game on, sign in to the same PSN account, then start the game.

This knowledge is coming from Playstation Lifestyle, which is a banned website, so I cannot link it, but if you copy paste the above three steps into Google, it should be the top hit.

This is way worse than "1 PSN per Vita" debate. I don't think Sony is this stupid to just kill the used game market, Vita would be DOA. Then again, it is in the damn manual...

pramath

Banned
This is way worse than "1 PSN per Vita" debate. I don't think Sony is this stupid to just kill the used game market, Vita would be DOA. Then again, it is in the damn manual...

It is?
So Sony is seriously doing something like this?
Wow, just wow.
Do you have any screenshots or better links, btw?

dallow_bg

nods at old men

This has been posted.
Didn't people already say you have to reset the game so that you can earn trophies again with a different ID?

It is?
So Sony is seriously doing something like this?
Wow, just wow.
Do you have any screenshots or better links, btw?

Well, the website mentions the following:

New information about the PlayStation Vita has been made available via the English version of the console&#8217;s user guide (applicable to system software version 1.50), which has been published on the Internet by Sony. Some previously unknown information includes details on how to earn Trophies for games on other Vitas, save backups, and the Remote Play feature.

Also there is a link to the official Sony website:

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/psvita/game/game_card.html

I really think something is off in translation here. I mean, start a game on one Vita, and then put the cart in another Vita? So forcefully remove the cart while Vita is running?

This has been posted.
Didn't people already say you have to reset the game so that you can earn trophies again with a different ID?

That is not what Sony's website says.

Someone needs to check on that, and fast.

Dragon

Banned
This has been posted.

Yes. You can earn trophies on more than one Vita, but you have to be signed into the same PSN account on both. If you want to use a different PSN account you must reset the game first. I'm assuming the player will still have their trophies saved on their PSN profile but it does something to the game itself. Seems overly complicated.

If you want to use a different PSN account you must reset the game first. I'm assuming the player will still have their trophies saved on their PSN profile but it does something to the game itself.

My guess it resets all the progress, so people won't have easier time farming some trophies when they get the game used.

Aeana

Wouldn't this not matter anyway if the game saves to the memory card rather than the cart?

Makes me wonder what exactly this reset thingy is.

It only applies to games that save to the cartridge.

I am really surprised that this thing won't die since I debunked it this morning with text directly from Sony's site.

Yes. You can earn trophies on more than one Vita, but you have to be signed into the same PSN account on both. If you want to use a different PSN account you must reset the game first. I'm assuming the player will still have their trophies saved on their PSN profile but it does something to the game itself. Seems overly complicated.

Don't the vita games install some data for Livearea, maybe the trophy stuff and other info is in there.

MightyKAC

So has anyone tried to get there US PSP games over to the Vita yet? I'm trying to transfer my US PSP games to my Vita using Media Go and my PS3 but it's still not seeing them.

itschris

So has anyone tried to get there US PSP games over to the Vita yet? I'm trying to transfer my US PSP games to my Vita using Media Go and my PS3 but it's still not seeing them.

My guess is you won't be able to do that until the US PSN store launches for Vita in February.

jackdoe

It only applies to games that save to the cartridge.

I am really surprised that this thing won't die since I debunked it this morning with text directly from Sony's site.
And if you stop to think about it, it makes sense. The trophies must already be present on the cart to begin with for those types of games and there must be some sort of save feature that records which trophy you've unlocked.

On the PS3, I believe trophy data is essentially saved on the PS3 HDD and later synced to PSN. With the Vita, for games that save on the cart, it would follow that trophy data would be saved on the cart.

Any hardware 'oddities' that are different from psp, like how all ds stuff are all over the place for 3ds?

I notice volume controls on the top now, anything else worth noting? Any weird design choices?

Man why, oh why couldn't they get video-out for v1?? Would get it day 1 =/

Dunan

On line in Akihabara right now. 40 minute wait to get the Vita if you're buying a game with it; if you just want the Vita they're jumping you to the head of the line. Am half thinking about just coming back for the game.

On line in Akihabara right now. 40 minute wait to get the Vita if you're buying a game with it; if you just want the Vita they're jumping you to the head of the line. Am half thinking about just coming back for the game.

Go in, get Vita only, go out, go back in, get the game.

Also, you got bigger pic of your avatar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom