• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Amazing Test: Bricked! [Tested.com Star Wars Lego Build Video Series]

Status
Not open for further replies.

eznark

Banned
Will is panicking! The close up shot about 20 minutes in when he realizes he skipped a step...gold. You went all flush!

Aaron

I like Will's set more because you can actually do something with it. Norm's SSD is just going to go on a shelf and collect dust.

We'll record these in chunks of 1-3 episodes at once. I don't have enough shirts to change every episode though :)
No problem just an observation from my end :).

Really liked the 2nd ep also, but maybe have people suggest a subject a day or something like that so that you have a "theme" of the day to talk about.

Also GIFS of the day:

tested_willship1n0rvg.gif

tested_normship4bmpss.gif

eznark

Banned
Oh yeah, I always wanted to say just how perfect Will's attempt to use Siri in the first video was. Pretty much sums of that garbage technology.

I'd love to know how much LEGO we've helped sell. I've received so many tweets and messages from people who have gone out and bought sets!

willsmith

I'd love to know how much LEGO we've helped sell. I've received so many tweets and messages from people who have gone out and bought sets!

I'm seeing a lot of messages from people holding up Lego sets. I've been thinking about
Buying the Tower Bridge for Gina and I to do.

ghostmind

You are living the dream Gary!

I'm hoping to get the Tower Bridge this summer, so I (with assistance from my son) can build it during the Olympics.

SmokyDave

Realistically, I'm not going to play with my set. I would have lost my shit for this when I was 10, but as a dude who'll put this on a shelf, Norm's is rad.
The moment I realised that I was one of these dudes, I stopped caring about the whole 'custom piece / traditional block' thing.

so1337

+1
IMG_0032.jpg

There was a kid in the aisle who was begging his mother for a set (to no avail). I guess that's the benefit of growing up. I can just go ahead and buy whatever I want! Ha!

FStop7

Banned
1254. Way smaller than the Ultimate Collector's one. Still pretty rad though.

1254 is still a lot.

I guess that will be my next build once I finish my [redacted non-LEGO brand] Porsche.

Going home after a long day at work and building something with my hands is cathartic as fuck.

Maybe after building a few more LEGO kits I will take a swing at the Fine Molds Millenium Falcon. But the nice thing about LEGO kits is that I can build them at my desk while watching Whiskey Media videos. With scale models it means dealing with fumes, chemicals, etc... not something I can just do anywhere.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I was going to say that I couldn't understand how you two could handle only building 30 minutes a day but I see the second episode has the same clothes, haha.

Naka

I bought the X-Wing last night myself when I was at Downtown Disney. 10% discount because I have an annual pass was a sweet bonus too. I think I want the Tie Fighter next. I'd love one of the bigger sets like the SSD or even the Shuttle Tydirium but I have no idea where I'd put them when they are done.

Ohwiseone

I'm trying so hard to save money not buy lego sets.

But dammit, watching these videos and now the pictures of the Victorian houses makes me really really really want to spend like 150$ on legos right now.

I was already itching to buy some Lego from reading the Lego thread, but the VW Van pics you guys posted in there definitely pushed me into buying sooner.

Also, the Tower Bridge is so awesome. I'm pretty sure that will be my first "big" set once I can convince myself that dropping $240 on Lego is a good idea.

FStop7

Banned
I was already itching to buy some Lego from reading the Lego thread, but the VW Van pics you guys posted in there definitely pushed me into buying sooner.

Also, the Tower Bridge is so awesome. I'm pretty sure that will be my first "big" set once I can convince myself that dropping $240 on Lego is a good idea.

Looking at eBay it appears that the desirable OOP kits like the Death Star II and UCS Star Destroyer hold their value quite well. I'm really considering getting both of those because I could resell them without taking much of a hit.

Fox Mulder

I want to buy the shuttle set, but there appears to be two pretty similar ones on amazon.

LEGO Shuttle Expedition 10231
Lego Creator Shuttle Adventure 10213

close in price and piece count, which is better?

I want to buy the shuttle set, but there appears to be two pretty similar ones on amazon.

shuttle expedition is the newer set ($100 at the LEGO store). it's the one gary got. the adventure was the first release, but was discontinued because it wasn't as kid-friendly, but was a very popular all-ages kit. the expedition has more pieces because they reinforced the interior for a better build. also they gave the astronauts hair pieces (wigs) so you can better differentiate between the dude and lady astronauts.

i've been on brickipedia way too much recently.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I have to believe that the Death Star would be a faster build. I have the SSD and there's so many tiny pieces that need to be placed. Took a long time.

Get the Expedition, it's the newer one, and esentially a fixed version of the other Shuttle which was much more flimsy. I bought it yesterday and completed it today, it's a very fun build.

Ozone

So one of the challenges is going to be an episode where they have to build with one hand tied behind their back, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom