• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Amazing Test: Bricked! [Tested.com Star Wars Lego Build Video Series]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe how bad Norm is doing with the minifigs. He's literally reaching across the entire table to reach his stash everytime he needs a piece. Put the pile next to you!

Wills trash talking is hillarous.

It's amazing how much watching others build LEGO makes you want to do it yourself. I think I'm gonna do my X-Wing tonight. Just arrived today!

S2Fl9.jpg

ghostmind

Wtf why are they like 400$

The current ideal ratio is 10 cents per piece. The more minifigs the better, because they can command anywhere from $2 to $20 each on the resale market.

Star Wars LEGO is more expensive because Papa George wants a cut of the action.

LOL at that tape Gary - let the (prequel) hate flow through you.

Chuck

Still without luck
It's amazing how much watching others build LEGO makes you want to do it yourself. I think I'm gonna do my X-Wing tonight. Just arrived today!

http://i.imgur.com/S2Fl9.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Awesome, and nice placement of the parcel tape as well. :P

TangMeng

Can't believe this is what's going to get me to break and buy a premium subscription.

I could've used those 50 bucks to buy Lego
s!

I only got through the first 20 minutes or so. Did people actually watch them sort? That younger guy is so going to regret not leaving them in the box order.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I only got through the first 20 minutes or so. Did people actually watch them sort? That younger guy is so going to regret not leaving them in the box order.

They sorted half and it looks like episode 1 is straight to build, not sure yet.

The allure was mostly them talking and nagging eachother about sort methods.

"you are already falling behind"

minifig falls over.*

loled for a good minute.

btw: are minifig pieces counted towards the total pieces on the box?

Oooh, this looks cool. I want those lego sets.

Oh, I see we have some srs guize in the room. Ahem.

LEGOS LEGOS LEGOS LEGOS

LEGOS LEGOS LEGOS LEGOS

zam

Maybe this comes from moving from the U.S to Sweden when I was a kid, but hearing "mini-fig(s)" is weird. We always called them lego man/men.

Yeah I don't want that shitting up my Star Wars!
If/when I have kids I'm only gonna show them the original trilogy, and keep them in the dark about the prequels as long as I possibly can.

jason10mm

Gold Member
I built that death star with my wife. Took us all six movies and half of the 2d clone wars to finish it.

I want to see a zoom in .gif showing the UCS death star, zooming to the scale SSD, then the UCS SSD zooming to the scale SD, then the SD with the scale Tantive IV and finally the Tantive IV zooming to a minifig. Not sure why, but I think it would be cool.

I didn't watch the video, but I figure it's because the SSD has numbered bags while the DS doesn't - is that right? (gotta even out the playing field)

That was the original reason they were doing it, but when they opened both up it turned out the Death Star had numbered bags too, so they stuck to the rule just for the sake of it I guess.

Haunted

Best of luck with your X-Wing, Whitta. Keep us updated on your progress alongside the Tested guys. You're the unofficial third horse in this race. :p

But that's exactly the point, they _wanted_ to do the "hardcore" old school Lego thing. They said so repeatedly. I would probably do the same, finding the correct pieces in a hill of Lego bricks is one of the things that made Lego fun for me when I was a kid.
btw, there were no "correct" bricks when I was a kid. Like Will said in the first episode, this whole thing with specific sets that have to be built in a certain way is a bit of a strange concept to those who grew up with just a big pile of random/various bricks and some imagination. :D

I've built my fair share of spaceships and UFOs out of random bricks in my day. ^_^

edit: obviously when things reach this kind of complexity, it's really awesome again.

Aaron

I'm only a little younger than Will and I had Lego space sets with specific instructions on how to put them together, though it wasn't this in depth or this large. The only thing I really remember making though was this big sky resort with my younger brother. Covered an entire coffee table.

Gandie

Best of luck with your X-Wing, Whitta. Keep us updated on your progress alongside the Tested guys. You're the unofficial third horse in this race. :p

btw, there were no "correct" bricks when I was a kid. Like Will said in the first episode, this whole thing with specific sets that have to be built in a certain way is a bit of a strange concept to those who grew up with just a big pile of random/various bricks and some imagination. :D

I've built my fair share of spaceships and UFOs out of random bricks in my day. ^_^

I did the same thing, building seemingly random structures, BUT if I wanted a specific block to continue the building, it HAD TO BE that block, so for me there was very much this notion of "correct" block.

jediyoshi

New Penny Arcade seems topic appropriate

R2Y5U.jpg

Why does it still say "Your next subscription charge will be on Feb. 29, 2012 for $4.95."

I want to switch cards when I receive my new one in the mail which will make my question irrelevant, but still.
Same here, not sure, although it's definitely not the first time I've gone through it with it working fine in the end.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Same here, not sure, although it's definitely not the first time I've gone through it with it working fine in the end.

With whiskeymedia.com?

Also I tend to cancel things if I know I'm not going to use it for a few weeks near the end of a sub if they do the whole "you can use it until your paid time runs out".

This reminds me of how on one of the GB podcasts they mentioned that they were overdue for an earthquake. Tested.com, you've doomed us all.

eznark

Banned
Norm's "talk less build more" makes this a bit....mundane

We need a third party in there acting as the Iron Chef interview guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom