• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Election 2016 [Mafia] | Everlasting GOPstoppers

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Topo

That's... A valid point actually.

Maybe that's what your whole fake PR stunt was though? Nobody claimed Chris Christie at that time despite you using a line from him. I think even Hyper or someone else said "hey isn't that Chris Christie?"

With no counter claim.... You were testing out out weren't you?

What? We've had Bobby Jindal in the game, of course Christie is in it. A fake role claim of a virtually guaranteed role is suicide.

OH FUCK. You're fucked El Topo. You just gave your whole fucking plan away.

Your fake PR: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=178952459&postcount=1297
And guess who brings up the "Hey isn't that Chris Christie?" http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=178953085&postcount=1314

Yep. Hyper. Your fucking teammate. You guys were testing out a role name for you.

Your fake name claim was at 6:13pm. Hyper mentioned Christie at 6:20pm.

You subtly imply you are the real Chris Christie at 6:25

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=178953551&postcount=1327

The interesting thing is that during this time you NEVER outright state you are Chris Christie. Just imply it.

It is funny because I even make a joke about a real Chris Christie: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=178955969&postcount=1348

Then nearly a day later in real time: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=179044348&postcount=1630

Lone and I and probably others were still uncertain if you were the real CC. Because you made sure to never outright state it. Because you were waiting for a counter claim from the real CC.

But in this post: 4 DAYS AFTER your stunt and with nobody counter claiming since then. You finally get the courage to just outright state you are CC.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=179339219&postcount=1985

I'm fucked because I'm town and you <REDACING> <REDACTED> are intent on lynching me.

You have no argument. I'm right aren't I? I figured out what you and Hyper did in order to get you one of the safest role claims in the game. You mad that I saw through your genius plan?

El Topo

You have no argument. I'm right aren't I? I figured out what you and Hyper did in order to get you one of the safest role claims in the game. You mad that I saw through your genius plan?

What? No. You're wrong. First you claim that mafia have role names, now you claim I was testing the waters? The quote is not unique, but it is one that Christie is most famous for. Absolutely everyone could have guessed my name and several players did, both mafia and town.

Rest assured, if Hyper was in my team, I would've made damn sure he had a non-shitty fake role claim.

What? No. You're wrong. First you claim that mafia have role names, now you claim I was testing the waters? The quote is not unique, but it is one that Christie is most famous for. Absolutely everyone could have guessed my name and several players did, both mafia and town.

Rest assured, if Hyper was in my team, I would've made damn sure he had a non-shitty fake role claim.

But if someone did counter claim as being Chris Christie you could have simply fallen back on "hey I was just faking to get info out of BSP".

El Topo

The argument brought up against me was that hypothetically mafia could have fake roles, but I've already pointed out how Hyper's shitty claim alone already seems to hint strongly at the opposite.

There's absolutely no chance that there is no Chris Christie if Bobby Jindal is in this game. There is nothing to test, it makes no sense whatsoever for me to fake claim Chris Christie. Let's assume I was mafia, then these are the options:

1. Mafia have fake roles and I am mafia
Seems unlikely, given Hyper's shitty claim. Also if I was mafia, he would've had a better claim, without those easy-to-avoid mistakes (such as the article). This also requires that mafia have at least one cover role of a famous Republican.

2. Mafia have no fake roles and I am mafia
Seems unlikely. Chris Christie is guaranteed in this game if Bobby Jindal is in it. It would be suicide for mafia. Pointless suicide I might add. Again, if I was mafia, Hyper's claim would've been less garbage.

El Topo

But if someone did counter claim as being Chris Christie you could have simply fallen back on "hey I was just faking to get info out of BSP".

Which absolutely no one would ever believe. If I fake claimed to be Chris Christie and someone else came forward and counter claimed, the very first question would've been: "Well, we get you want to fake a power claim to trick BSP, but why fake your GOP name?"

cabot

Hyper was clearly on mobile when he went down, there's typos everywhere on his posts.

There's a very good chance he couldn't have consulted the mafia chat due to the impending deadline.

I think I agree with you that mafia must not have been given role names. It does explain Hyper's name choice.

However, that makes it all the more likely that mafia needed to set up one super believable name claim. And if mafia wasn't given a list of names, it actually is possible that Ouro didn't include some very obvious names like Chris Christie. You tested it with that fake power claim. People thought you were Chris Christie, but if you look at me and Lone Prodigy it is clear that we only thought it was implied. But 4 days later nobody counter claimed. Why did you wait 4 real life days to go from simply suggesting that you may or may not be CC to actually outright stating you were CC? I can't see that as anything other than a super ballsy gambit to get a legit candidate name for yourself.

Which absolutely no one would ever believe. If I fake claimed to be Chris Christie and someone else came forward and counter claimed, the very first question would've been: "Well, we get you want to fake a power claim to trick BSP, but why fake your GOP name?"

That's bullcrap. People believed you may be CC after you went "lol yeah I was faking, sorry guys". Had the real CC spoken up (but there isn't one, is there?) you could have said "sorry dude I had to get a believable sounding name for the power I wanted to fake." I think people would have believed you. Or at least given you the benefit of the doubt. After all, mafia would "never" claim someone as big as CC. You keep ensuring us that mafia will only play a certain way, and that since you don't play that way you can't be mafia. That's not going to work. I'm right. I fucking know it. The pieces fit together.

cabot

Blarg's been a waste so far, but he did this in NX and he flipped town, so I'll wait and see.

He's the next day phase's problem.

El Topo

That's bullcrap. People believed you may be CC after you went "lol yeah I was faking, sorry guys". Had the real CC spoken up (but there isn't one, is there?) you could have said "sorry dude I had to get a believable sounding name for the power I wanted to fake." I think people would have believed you. Or at least given you the benefit of the doubt. After all, mafia would "never" claim someone as big as CC. You keep ensuring us that mafia will only play a certain way, and that since you don't play that way you can't be mafia. That's not going to work. I'm right. I fucking know it. The pieces fit together.

No. If my claim had been fake, the real CC would've gotten me lynched. No doubt whatsoever about that and absolutely no reason for mafia to risk a move like that. Me? Give the benefit of the doubt? After the fake role claim in Archer? In that situation? Never.

Again, it makes no sense for mafia to fake claim Chris Christie. At all. Especially not in that context. It's suicide if they don't have a list of cover roles, which (given Hyper's claim) I strongly doubt.

No. If my claim had been fake, the real CC would've gotten me lynched. No doubt whatsoever about that and absolutely no reason for mafia to risk a move like that. Me? Give the benefit of the doubt? After the fake role claim in Archer? In that situation? Never.

Again, it makes no sense for mafia to fake claim Chris Christie. At all. Especially not in that context. It's suicide if they don't have a list of cover roles, which (given Hyper's claim) I strongly doubt.

I don't know anything about the Archer game, so I can't weigh in on that.

ygfektS.gif

I pulled a ludicrous fake role claim in that game. There's no way whatsoever I would get the benefit of the doubt.

Except you did get benefit of the doubt. People were turning heads at the fake claim, but were willing to let it slide when you gave your supposed reasoning. I'm still waiting on that answer btw. Why wait 4 days before outright stating you were CC? Why such a cautious and long wait between implying and outright stating?

El Topo

Except you did get benefit of the doubt. People were turning heads at the fake claim, but were willing to let it slide when you gave your supposed reasoning. I'm still waiting on that answer btw. Why wait 4 days before outright stating you were CC? Why such a cautious and long wait between implying and outright stating?

I thought it was pretty damn obvious. I told you guys on D2 that you should be able to guess my name. If I google "I am not a bully"+Republican, the first hits are all exclusively on Chris Christie. I think I also explicitly said I was Chris Christie on D3.

If I had fake claimed, I wouldn't have gotten the benefit of the doubt. That's why I was forced to go through way too many Chris Christie quotes to find one that fit, instead of just randomly going through Republican quotes.

El Topo

I had of course entertained the idea of using a random quote, but (as mentioned) that would've been suicide for absolutely nothing. It would've set us back a day.

I thought it was pretty damn obvious. I told you guys on D2 that you should be able to guess my name. If I google "I am not a bully"+Republican, the first hits are all exclusively on Chris Christie. I think I also explicitly said I was Chris Christie on D3.

If I had fake claimed, I wouldn't have gotten the benefit of the doubt. That's why I was forced to go through way too many Chris Christie quotes to find one that fit, instead of just randomly going through Republican quotes.

By 4 days I mean 4 real time days. The fake power claim was on Sept. 15. You outright stated you were CC on the 19th.

*ahem*

In twenty-sixteen A.D,
We make up facts for free,
For glory, God and gold and
The 'Murican G-O-P!

For the New World is like Heaven and
FOX News the Holy See!
Or so we have been told by
The 'Murican G-O-P!

Or so we have been told by
The 'Murican G-O-P!

For glory, God and gold and
The 'Murican G-O-P!

Wall the borders of our country
From to sea to shining sea,
And pray that the Titans outside
Don't make it past Marie!

With an immigrant for Donald
And another one for me,
And all the rest'll leave u-s—a
'Murican G-O-P!

It's glory, God and gold and
The 'Murican G-O-P!

VOTE: El Topo

brb with reasons etc.

also

[fourthwall]DISCLAIMER: Please note that the above lyrics are flavour and I personally do not subscribe to these political views.[/fourthwall]

El Topo

Ridiculous how quickly you guys want to end this day. Nothing suspicious about that. No, absolutely nothing suspicious. Every day we have discussion, suddenly everyone decides that we should no longer discuss or investigate anything and focuses on my death.

By 4 days I mean 4 real time days. The fake power claim was on Sept. 15. You outright stated you were CC on the 19th.

Again, I thought the quote made it pretty damn obvious what my name was. I didn't realize until later that some didn't get it. Maybe they didn't use Google, maybe they didn't care, but I decided to make it as clear as possible when some still suspected me as mafia.

Ridiculous how quickly you guys want to end this day. Nothing suspicious about that. No, absolutely nothing suspicious. Every day we have discussion, suddenly everyone decides that we should no longer discuss or investigate anything and focuses on my death.

Do you wanna build a snowman?

Fireblend

Banned
Good morning guys! Seems like the table was set in my absence. Let me read through the day a bit and I'll get back with impressions. It might take a while though, got a meeting soon.

Again, I thought the quote made it pretty damn obvious what my name was. I didn't realize until later that some didn't get it. Maybe they didn't use Google, maybe they didn't care, but I decided to make it as clear as possible when some still suspected me as mafia.

What are you even talking about? Both Cabot and Splinter withdrew their votes at some point so as to prevent a hammer on you. And while I haven't withdrawn my vote, I've actively been trying to keep discussion going. It isn't my fault the thread has been dead.

I'm gonna be honest, I'm considering a Blarg vote as the only alternative to Topo today. I can't read Blarg at all. Keeps promising reads and such but never posts them. Weird bizarre posts that just inflate post count but don't help us at all.

I'm gonna be honest, I'm considering a Blarg vote as the only alternative to Topo today. I can't read Blarg at all. Keeps promising reads and such but never posts them. Weird bizarre posts that just inflate post count but don't help us at all.

Hey, I gotta catch up somehow

El Topo

How would Blarg even count as a suspect? He claimed Jeb Bush. That role is also surely given. He's not helpful at all, but a suspect?

We have players who haven't claimed (Fireblend, *Splinter), we have two players with non-candidate role claims (Salva,Corn), that are also quite convenient. I'd just like to point out that by lynching Corn, we pretty much also either refute or corrobate Salva.

How would Blarg even count as a suspect? He claimed Jeb Bush. That role is also surely given. He's not helpful at all, but a suspect?

We have players who haven't claimed (Fireblend, *Splinter), we have two players with non-candidate role claims (Salva,Corn), that are also quite convenient. I'd just like to point out that by lynching Corn, we pretty much also either refute or corrobate Salva.

Right, I didn't think about the Jeb Bush claim.

Basically if scum DID get a list of false names to use, Blarg could be scum but you wouldn't be. Or at least my whole thinking about you and Hyper setting up a Chris Christie claim for yourself falls through.

If scum didn't get a false name list, Blarg can't be scum with the Jeb Bush claim.

El Topo, do you trust cabot?

I want cabot to make this decision. Should the remaining players name claim? This could pierce the mystery perhaps.

El Topo

El Topo, do you trust cabot?

I want cabot to make this decision. Should the remaining players name claim? This could pierce the mystery perhaps.

I trust cabot. His role claim is about as safe as it gets and I can't think of a realistic way for mafia to fake it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom