• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Election 2016 [Mafia] | Everlasting GOPstoppers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please elaborate on your reasons why it's bad before doing so

I'm not Splinter, but scum could easily wait until everyone else name claims and then use that to just google up a list of viable names. Especially if they weren't given a list like El Topo and I seem to think.

*Splinter

Please elaborate on your reasons why it's bad before doing so
1) There's only about 3 of us left to claim I think, and roughly a hundred Repub candidates to choose from. So it isn't a huge argument in anyone's defense (especially whoever claims last and is basically getting shafted for being offline)

2) It gives scum a list of names that they can guess the PRs from. I guess that ship might have already sailed though.

Hrmm we could solve this by having nobody name claim until you all 3 confirm that you are currently in the thread and at the ready? That would prevent scum from simply just waiting for the rest of town to name claim and then just googling a good name, right?

*Splinter

I'm gonna have egg on my face if everyone claims while I was suggesting we don't do that, so here's a dumb breadcrumby hint until Cabot decides what we're doing.

I like Star Wars

Google won't help you with that

btw I'm a 1-shot Possessor

During the Night, I can invoke the power of the Bush dynasty and summon a player from a previous GAFia game to fully replace me for the rest of the game

Never Forever used it and brought me here

Fireblend

Banned
Ok, then. Firs of all:
What's that? She was neutral with a win condition that relied on mafia, be clear as possible, we can't be muddling things here sunshine.

Yeah, sorry, I misread (was on mobile and reacted quickly). I'm guessing there's still 2 other scum players around.

Anyway, read through the day. It seems El Topo is going down today no matter what; he was on my list of suspects yesterday and I'd still find it extremely surprising if none of them flipped scum. I doubt it's CB because of the night kill, but I'd rather not declare him town yet unless Topo flips scum first, so I support that vote. CB's argument above sounds extremely compelling; it'd be hard to pull off an accusation like that even if mafia had been planning for it to frame El Topo.

I think it's bad that we're solely focusing on El Topo though. I'd like everyone to answer: If we had to lynch someone other than El Topo, who'd it be? And El Topo, who would you lynch?

IMO Blarg is suspicious; he's said next to nothing, went along with my Palmer vote (and is now going along against El Topo's) without providing any reasons for doing so, and since NF was unfortunately absent during N2 he pretty much skipped that day which is crucial for current reads so we can't possibly judge him for anything he's done. There's merit in that he name-claimed a high-profile candidate though, and bsp said he was suspicious (or rather, NF, but they do have the same role). Still, he's anything but a known entity at this point; since he jumped on the Topo bandwagon earlier lynching him may give us a decent read on Blarg at least. Either Salva or Splinter would be my second lynch candidate; I don't think either has done much so far and it's hard for me to read them. I'm leaning a bit towards Salva because he was absent from BSP's reads, but I think so were other people? Could she have been trying to breadcrumb there?

Also, since most other people have role-claimed it's unlikely it will work, but it should be obvious I'm holding onto my role "name" in case I can catch someone in a lie. Otherwise I'm ordinary, it's the only reason I was so forward during the first 2.5 days. I'm also against name-claiming unless we figure out a way to roleclaim at the exact same minute so no one has any way to prepare a second name in case theirs is taken lol.

Fireblend

Banned
lol I just realized I said Salva was suspicious in my previous post, but I spent most of yesterday trying to convince everyone he's town. Bad, bad me. I still think him leading us to hyper next to guarantees he's town, so disregard those suspicious, I just noticed bsp didn't mention him in her read least and ran with it.

Fireblend

Banned
Err... what?

What's the reasoning behind this?

I was scum in the NX game and part of a pretty poor defense from me included me mistaking Retro for... someone else, can't remember.

Either way, the way I've been playing this game in contrast to NX should make it abundantly clear I'm town :p

I was scum in the NX game and part of a pretty poor defense from me included me mistaking Retro for... someone else, can't remember.

Either way, the way I've been playing this game in contrast to NX should make it abundantly clear I'm town :p

lol what? Could someone dig up the post for me?

I'm gonna have egg on my face if everyone claims while I was suggesting we don't do that, so here's a dumb breadcrumby hint until Cabot decides what we're doing.

I like Star Wars

Google won't help you with that

hmm, interesting that you took the initiative to preemptively deploy a basis for a strategic defense

Sorian

Banned

lel

lol what? Could someone dig up the post for me?

It's a classic

Born from their discussions of possibly killing Retro the night before instead of Ouro. Fire's finest moment.

Sorian

Banned
STOP BULLYING ME OK. I WON THAT GAME. ;_;

My only consolation is that I think Sorian was unable to sleep for several nights afterwards trying to make sense of my defense.

You're welcome for the win.

And nah, I didn't actually care what happened night 1 at the time, I just had to sell that I cared at the end so town wouldn't vote for me.

*cough* *cough*

Back to regularly scheduled GOP vs. Electorate

*disappear*

cabot

I'm not for revealing names today, I was thinking that would maybe be on the cards if we mislynch and its lylo.

I'm still sure El Topo is scum but a secondary reason I want him to flip is because it will help determine if BSP's read list is useless or helpful to us. El Topo was a definitive read she gave that I think has a good chance of being scum, NF/Blarg is second but she didn't quite state as strong an opinion on him.

Ourobolus

Banned
In memory of Lindsey Graham, Jon sat out on his front porch, sipping a Mint Julep. He had a hunch that the policeman would be by today, just as he had been the past few days. As if on cue, Jon spied a police car rounding the corner in front of him, cautiously moving towards his house. It pulled into Jon's driveway, and out popped...someone entirely different. It was a young, bubbly policewoman, one that looked as if she had just come out of the police academy. She bounced up to Jon, saying, "Hello, Mr. Stewart!"
Jon stood from his chair, placed his drink on the nearby table, and walked up to the woman. "Hi...where's the other guy?"
"The other guy?"
"Yeah, older gentleman, a little on the grumpy side. He had been here the past few times. I was hoping I'd get a chance to talk with him."
"Oh! He...uh...he..." She stuttered, shifting nervously. "Uh, anyway, we have a few more letters for you. Here."
She handed the letters to Jon, and then turned away quickly and drove off.
That was weird, Jon thought.

Palmer_v1 said:

bananaspaceprincess said:
Electorate, make this country a better place!! You hold the future in your hands.

Remember GOP: WE ARE ALL IMMIGRANTS

Was fun playing with you. See you on the other side ;)

nin1000 said:
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you so much. (Sustained cheers, applause.)
Tonight, more than 9 Months after a former member won the right to determine its own destiny, the task of perfecting our union moves forward. (Cheers, applause.)
It moves forward because of you. It moves forward because you reaffirmed the spirit that has triumphed over Microsoft and Sony, the spirit that has lifted this Community from the depths of despair to the great heights of hope, the belief that while each of us will pursue our own individual dreams, we are a family, and we rise or fall together as one Community. (Cheers, applause.)
Tonight, in this election, you, GAF, reminded me that while my road has been hard, while my journey has been long, I have picked myself up, I have fought my way back, and I know in my heart that for GAFia , the best is yet to come.
(Cheers, applause.) I want to thank every member who participated in this Game. (Cheers, applause.) Whether you voted for me (cheers) or waited in line for a very long time (cheers) – by the way, we have to fix that – (cheers, applause) , whether you held an nin1000 sign or a Hyperactivity sign, you made your voice heard and you made a difference. (Cheers, applause.)
GAFia, I believe we can build on the progress we've made and continue to fight for new players. I believe we can keep the promise of our founding, the idea that if you're willing to post hard, it doesn't matter who you are or where you come from or what you look like or where you love. It doesn't matter whether you're black or white or Hispanic or Asian or Native American or young or old or rich or poor, abled, disabled, gay or straight. (Cheers, applause.) You can make it here in GAFia if you're willing to try.
(Cheers, applause.)
I believe we can seize this future together because we are not as divided as our Mod’s suggests. We're not as cynical as our doubters believe. We are greater than the sum of our individual ambitions and we remain more than a collection of idiots. We are, and forever will be, GAFia. (Cheers, applause.)

And together, with your help and Evilore's grace, we will continue our journey forward and remind the world just why it is that we live in the greatest community on earth. (Cheers, applause.) Thank you, GAF. (Cheers, applause.) God bless you. God bless these Games. (Cheers, applause.)

Yrd8NNv.jpg

El Topo

What do you get when you lynch me, cabot? I don't get how lynching me helps determine whether BSP and her list are reliable.

Let's look at the two theoretically possible scenarios:
1. I'm town.
BSP claimed I was town. BSP claimed Palmer was town. List unreliable.

2. I'm mafia.
BSP was sure I was town. She didn't put anyone else in that category. No additional information gained.

In no case is additional information gained. I'd also like to add that I don't see why Blarg counts as a suspect. He's been useless, but he role claimed, which is risky, as I don't think mafia have fake covers.

Could I get a vote count please?

El Topo

Not everyone was in the list.

Also that was a secondary reason. I see no reason to go after Blarg today

I see no reason to go after Blarg at all. Either someone else is Jeb Bush, in which case that player could come forward, or he's telling the truth. I don't believe that they have fake cover roles, not after Hyper's claim.

I'd also like to emphasize once more that we have two players that have role claimed, but didn't have an actual candidate. That is exactly what Hyper did, who turned out to be scum. That doesn't mean that both Salva or Corn are scum, but their claims are dubious and fairly convenient.

Ourobolus

Banned
Thank you Ourobolus. We don't deserve you.

Lol, you should see Day 1:

Code:
Player		Vote	Target
Sorian		Vote	Palmer_v1
Palmer_v1	Vote	cabot
cabot		Vote	kingkitty
kingkitty	Vote	cabot
cabot		Unvote	kingkitty
Sorian		Vote	SalvaPot
Hyperactivity	Vote	cabot
Kalor	        Vote	Hyperactivity
Fireblend	Vote	Kalor
El Topo		Vote	Kalor
Hyperactivity	Vote	Fireblend
nin1000		Vote	Sorian
SalvaPot	Vote	Sorian
Sorian		Vote	bananaspaceprincess
cabot		Vote	El Topo
bananaspaceprincess	Vote	kingkitty
Never Forever	Vote	Kalor
Burbeting	Vote	cabot
cabot		Vote	Burbeting
nin1000		Vote	cabot
Hyperactivity	Vote	nin1000
Palmer_v1	Vote	Kalor
Sorian		Vote	Burbeting
kingkitty	Vote	Sorian
kingkitty	Vote	cabot
Palmer_v1	Unvote	Kalor
*Splinter	Vote	Never Forever
Never Forever	Vote	nin1000
Sorian		Vote	Hyperactivity
cabot		Vote	El Topo
cabot		Vote	SalvaPot
Kalor		Vote	SalvaPot
Hyperactivity	Unvote	nin1000
Hyperactivity	Vote	cabot
Sorian		Vote	SalvaPot
*Splinter	Vote	nin1000
Sorian		Vote	bananaspaceprincess
Fireblend	Unvote	Kalor
nin1000		Vote	*Splinter
El Topo		Vote	cabot
CornBurrito	Vote	bananaspaceprincess
Palmer_v1	Vote	Sorian
cabot		Vote	El Topo
Sorian		Vote	nin1000
Kalor		Vote	bananaspaceprincess
cabot		Vote	nin1000
Sorian		Unvote	nin1000
Hyperactivity	Unvote	cabot
Fireblend	Vote	kingkitty
Burbeting	Unvote	cabot
kingkitty	Unvote	cabot
cabot		Unvote	nin1000
Never Forever	Unvote	nin1000
*Splinter	Vote	Kalor
SalvaPot	Unvote	Sorian
Hyperactivity	Vote	SalvaPot
Never Forever	Vote	kingkitty
El Topo		Vote	Burbeting
CornBurrito	Vote	kingkitty
Burbeting	Vote	kingkitty
cabot		Vote	kingkitty
Sorian		Vote	Palmer_v1
Fireblend	Unvote	kingkitty
Palmer_v1	Vote	Sorian
cabot		Vote	Fireblend
Kalor		Vote	SalvaPot
nin1000		Vote	Sorian
*Splinter	Vote	Palmer_v1
El Topo		Vote	kingkitty
Fireblend	Vote	bananaspaceprincess
cabot		Unvote	kingkitty
CornBurrito	Unvote	kingkitty
Sorian		Vote	kingkitty
cabot		Vote	kingkitty
*Splinter	Vote	kingkitty
CornBurrito	Vote	kingkitty
Fireblend	Vote	kingkitty
bananaspaceprincess	Vote	kingkitty

Kalor

Reading through the thread I think El Topo is a valid canidate for today. It means that we can find out if BSP tried to avoid calling Electorate scum in her read list and would mean that we can focus on other people tomorrow. I was going to vote for El Topo back when the day started but at that point he already had two votes so I didn't want to push it.

As for other people to vote today, I could see Blargonaut being a contendee due to the content of their recent posts. Never Forever didn't really strike me as suspicous but apparently they were suspicous to some other people.

El Topo

I've explained how lynching me would not help you in any way interpret BSP and her list. I'm town and after you've lynched me you will have gained no new information. Even if I was mafia, I've explained that it would not help you.

I also don't get how Blarg is a suspect. Anyone who is Jeb Bush could just step forward right now. It's a role that is 100% guaranteed to be given.

El Topo

Virtually guaranteed town (due to role claim):
cabot
El Topo
Blargonaut
Kalor

Dubious, wonky or convenient role claim:
SalvaPot
CornBurrito

No role claim at all:
Fireblend
*Splinter

SalvaPot

OH FUCK. You're fucked El Topo. You just gave your whole fucking plan away.

Your fake PR: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=178952459&postcount=1297
And guess who brings up the "Hey isn't that Chris Christie?" http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=178953085&postcount=1314

Yep. Hyper. Your fucking teammate. You guys were testing out a role name for you.

Your fake name claim was at 6:13pm. Hyper mentioned Christie at 6:20pm.

You subtly imply you are the real Chris Christie at 6:25

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=178953551&postcount=1327

The interesting thing is that during this time you NEVER outright state you are Chris Christie. Just imply it.

It is funny because I even make a joke about a real Chris Christie: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=178955969&postcount=1348

Then nearly a day later in real time: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=179044348&postcount=1630

Lone and I and probably others were still uncertain if you were the real CC. Because you made sure to never outright state it. Because you were waiting for a counter claim from the real CC.

But in this post: 4 DAYS AFTER your stunt and with nobody counter claiming since then. You finally get the courage to just outright state you are CC.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=179339219&postcount=1985

This is good enough for me:

Vote: El Topo

Also, have we considered the chance that hyper was covering for splinter when the message was sent? I mean, the message splinter shared with us could easily be fabricated.

Other than that, his role pm clearly says that his role is to confuse GOP, so that means he just can´t message team members? I highly doubt Hyper will resist using his power, of that I am sure.

El Topo

So can anyone explain me how lynching me is going to help us make sense of this list? I read her list like this:

BSP said:
Palmer_v1 - very loud, potential scum
Fireblend - very loud, potential scum
CornBurrito - feather in the wind/potential scum (didn't vote for Hyper)
El Topo - likely town
*Splinter - no opinion
Never Forever - very quiet, potential scum

The rest was ignored.

Could anyone explain to me how lynching me is going to help you decipher an incomplete list?

By the way, I'd also like to remind you all that Fireblend asked Kalor to not vote for Hyper and instead vote for BSP.

cabot

I already said this in a lot more detail here, but I'll neatly summarise it based on your quoted list

Palmer_v1 - very loud, potential scum Read Palmer as town, flipped town.
Fireblend - very loud, potential scum I have read Fire as town so far
CornBurrito - feather in the wind/potential scum (didn't vote for Hyper) This one is uncertain, I'm still not fully sold on CB yet.
El Topo - likely town I've read you as scum
*Splinter - no opinion Not much of an opinion up until the message thing which I now lean town on
Never Forever - very quiet, potential scum I read NF as town, Blarg is difficult but he's not dissimilar to NX where he was town

I'm obviously thinking that she was protecting mafia by stating them as town, and throwing shade on everyone else. CB is the only odd one out, but I still feel worse about you than I do him.

CB has also went in on you fairly strongly, which is something to note, and your flip can help us work through that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom