• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

With the starting roster of ARMS revealed, which character is your favorite DESIGN?

Favorite ARMS character design?

Results are only viewable after voting.

DylanEno

They've always had waifus in Pokémon. Have you SEEN Cynthia?
So the definition of waifu is

waifu. Noun. (fandom slang) A fictional character from non-live-action visual media (typically an anime, manga, or video game) that one is attracted to and considers a significant other.

So literally any fictional character that one is attracted to

This could be literally any character

This wa actually super hard to decided, becuase i love nearly all of the character design. But at the end I voted from spring man becuase of the 1960's anime vibes it has, those types of noses are not very prominet our days and i love it.
Mechanica, min min, ribbon girl, and Byte and Barq are super ace also. I really love everything about twintelle but a minor detail though (but thats a stupid pet peeve of me), but the design is extremely strong.

LotusHD

Banned
This wa actually super hard to decided, becuase i love nearly all of the character design. But at the end I voted from spring man becuase of the 1960's anime vibes it has, those types of noses are not very prominet our days and i love it.
Mechanica, min min, spring girl are super ace also.

It's Ribbon Girl fam

StAidan

I can't even bring myself to vote, the lineup is just great altogether. I do think Spring Man is really fitting as the face of the game, though.

JavyOO7

I really like the pose she strikes here.

Screenshot-4_13_2017-12_12_45-AM.jpg

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
It's hard to pick... I guess Mechanica is the character whose backstory I'm most interested in, so I'm gonna go with her. Also, she's pure human unlike the other abominations so there's that.

This quote provides enough context to guess your avatar with surprising accuracy.

Not sure what the hell thats supposed to mean.....

Am i supposed to be supporting "waifus" etc because i have an anime avatar?
Thats strange if so, because i'd probably have atleast 1 post in that persona 5 waifu thread if i was, yet i dont.
Maybe a character can be cool and likeable regardless of "waifu" status.
thinking-face.png

But na Mr.crab you are probably right, we all want these women made out of noodles to be our "waifus".

DylanEno

Bro, a character just needs to look/be cute at the very least to considered one, that's it
So what people are complaining about when they criticize Nintendo for "waifu pandering" is that Nintendo is supplying a gratuitous stream of female characters that are more widely accepted as cute? So, what we need are A) only male characters and/or B) more female characters that are respulsive either in looks or attitude? Or just entirely bland to the point where no one / hardly any one could find them cute?

Neiteio

http://i.imgur.com/IoHkaX5.gif[IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/f0nlshw.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
Nice gifs! Twintelle is such a cool-looking character. Are there any gifs of Byte kneeling down to pet Barq and then both looking at the camera? I literally lol'd at that part.

LotusHD

Banned
So what people are complaining about when they criticize Nintendo for "waifu pandering" is that Nintendo is supplying a gratuitous stream of female characters that are more widely accepted as cute? So, what we need are A) only male characters and/or B) more female characters that are respulsive either in looks or attitude? Or just entirely bland to the point where no one / hardly any one could find them cute?

Well like you're implying, it's a BS complaint outside of like maybe Fire Emblem (I don't play it, so no clue), as far as I can tell. Don't worry about it. Twintelle is great. Zelda's great. Cynthia is also great.

We're all great.

Neiteio

Something neat about Twintelle is the implications for the lore.

In the Direct, they talked about how these special extendable arms are themselves called ARMS (capital A-R-M-S). Twintelle shows that ARMS don't have to actually be based on the person's arms; they can be a transformation of any part of a person's body into something that functions like arms. So in Twintelle's case, one day she woke up and her pigtails were able to function like arms, and not just any arms, but extendable ARMS.

In this respect, I don't think it's out of the picture to see someone given the gift of ARMS on their legs. Maybe a breakdancing fighter with legs for ARMS and gloves on their feet?

Also, while they're being cheeky about the game's universe, and it's clearly not that important in the grand scheme of things, I do think the developers have a general idea of what caused the ARMS. I think everything they hinted at is probably the case: Aliens who experimented on ancient people and continue to do so today. (For this reason I actually think there's a decent chance we could get an Egyptian fighter with papyrus scrolls for arms, as someone suggested earlier!)

When they say the ARMS fighters woke up one day and had ARMS, it's probably a classic case of abduction by aliens. We see the boss character at the end, and the floating mask that combines with him into the six-armed fighter. Perhaps the boss himself is just another fighter, the grand champion of the Grand Prix, but then the alien appears and combines with him to test the challenger. And perhaps the whole point of the ARMS fighters is the aliens creating weaponized people, and the tournament an elaborate way to test them...

DEEP THOUGHTS.

Principate

Saint Titanfall

In the Direct, they talked about how these special extendable arms are themselves called ARMS (capital A-R-M-S). Twintelle shows that ARMS don't have to actually be based on the person's arms; they can be a transformation of any part of a person's body into something that functions like arms. So in Twintelle's case, one day she woke up and her pigtails were able to function like arms, and not just any arms, but extendable ARMS.

In this respect, I don't think it's out of the picture to see someone given the gift of ARMS on their legs. Maybe a breakdancing fighter with legs for ARMS and gloves on their feet?

Also, while they're being cheeky about the game's universe, and it's clearly not that important in the grand scheme of things, I do think the developers have a general idea of what caused the ARMS. I think everything they hinted at is probably the case: Aliens who experimented on ancient people and continue to do so today. (For this reason I actually there's a decent chance we could get an Egyptian fighter with papyrus scrolls for arms, as someone suggested earlier!)

When they say the ARMS fighters woke up one day and had ARMS, it's probably a classic case of abduction by aliens. We see the boss character at the end, and the floating mask that combines with him into the six-armed fighter. Perhaps the boss himself is just another fighter, the grand champion of the Grand Prix, but then the alien appears and combines with him to test the challenger. And perhaps the whole point of the ARMS fighters is the aliens creating weaponized people, and the tournament an elaborate way to test them...

DEEP THOUGHTS.
I mean the direct litterally starts with an extendable head and we've known about those images since the helix stage reveal. So yeah anything can extend.

SuperOrez

Also, while they're being cheeky about the game's universe, and it's clearly not that important in the grand scheme of things, I do think the developers have a general idea of what caused the ARMS. I think everything they hinted at is probably the case: Aliens who experimented on ancient people and continue to do so today. (For this reason I actually there's a decent chance we could get an Egyptian fighter with papyrus scrolls for arms, as someone suggested earlier!)

DEEP THOUGHTS.

Other body parts you say? Tell me more.

Macka

Bro, a character just needs to look/be cute at the very least to considered one, that's it

Waifu littrally just means female character a person likes and is obsessed about. Could be anyone/thing.

A stylish one with taste.
Waifu just mean 'favorite female character' in the most simplest definition.

"Waifu" doesn't necessarily mean scantily clad.

This is an egregious misunderstanding of the sanctity of waifu culture. Check yourself pls.
Alol. Please forgive my ignorance. I will take this newfound knowledge, and share it with anyone who repeats my mistake in the future. :p

Top Bottom