• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Biohazard 5 Demo Thread (Players list, scores, etc.)

iceatcs

Blimblim said:
Put the "content" folder and everything inside at the root of the CD/DVD. I didn't try it myself though.
Burning atm on this way. I will let you know if work.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
JP XBL: EndorsedBrush

I know...preselected live name haha...cant wait to play!

iceatcs

AmMortal said:
Which content folder? there are five...
Bad extract, there should be one folder at start.

like that:
Content\0000000000000000\434387F2\00080000\F1DDFE89B7AB645A93E17B12DA7D91588B3255A343

Off now to test, brb

Facism

it works! bring up your guide, navigate to your demos, and it'll be at the bottom. Runs fromt he disc.

I posted this earlier (before the demo was release) to help with burning but no one listed... This should work, it worked with Guitar Hero III and Ninja Gaiden for me.

Download UltraISO (http://www.ezbsystems.com/ultraiso/)
Open it (accept trial or whatever come up)
Press F7
Select the Resi 5 demo file where it says Image File
Click Burn
???
Profit!!

homez99

Do you guys think it will run from a USB stick? I've used up all my discs with my uni work and I seem to remember that you could install the NXE via a USB stick too.

homez99 said:
Do you guys think it will run from a USB stick? I've used up all my discs with my uni work and I seem to remember that you could install the NXE via a USB stick too.

I don't think the 360 can read game data from a usb

Kuroyume

Banned
Once I get the demo with my Japanese account can I delete that account and play it on my regular account, or will I have to keep the Japanese account if I want to play it?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Keyser Soze said:
I posted this earlier (before the demo was release) to help with burning but no one listed... This should work, it worked with Guitar Hero III and Ninja Gaiden for me.

Download UltraISO (http://www.ezbsystems.com/ultraiso/)
Open it (accept trial or whatever come up)
Press F7
Select the Resi 5 demo file where it says Image File
Click Burn
???
Profit!!
Except it's not a iso file.

Hammer24

Banned
Guys, its that easy...:

- download the five rar parts
- extraxt them
- this will get you one (1!) folder named "content"
- burn this folder to a cd
- insert cd into 360, it will show up as "mixed media"
- navigate to "my xbox", "demos"
- click & play!

xbhaskarx

Blimblim said:
You've got to be kidding me.

Let me clarify: it's too much work if it will be on XBL or PSN in a few days, hence the question (that you seem to have cut out when you quoted me).

AmMortal

Banned
Hammer24 said:
Guys, its that easy...:

- extraxt them
- click & play!

Works, just burn the first part you extract (content folder).

Off to play now!

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Hammer24 said:
Guys, its that easy...:

- extraxt them
- click & play!
Thanks, I've edited my post with your instructions.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
xbhaskarx said:
Let me clarify: it's too much work if it will be on XBL or PSN in a few days, hence the question (that you seem to have cut out when you quoted me).

except it wont be available till sometime in january...this small miniscule amount of work to play RE5 is worth it.

The demo is awesome. I'm slowly getting used to the new controls and they aren't as Ideal as I would have hoped. It's very odd at first.

Immediate improvement I want them to do is at least make walking/strafing/backing up a bit faster.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Ok, got used to the levels and controls and completed the 2 missions. I just forgot how to play RE.

If there's one thing I asbolutely hate right now, it's the quick inventory with no pause option. They had to implement that for co-op, but in sp I'd really like the game to pause.

RetroMG

I've got it. Go ahead and remove me from the list, please.

Thank you!

Oh, and special awesome thanks to Blimblim and all those who have made it possible for us to get this. (I feel like I'm saying grace before I start a new game. Weird.)

JBuccCP

I'm liking it a lot now the last couple times I've played. I didn't realize you could climb up on top of the buildings and bus. Jumping across the roofs blowing guys off with the shotgun gave it a great actiony feel. I had gotten the axe guy down to what I thought was his last bit of health when I got grabbed from behind and he nailed me with his axe. I called Sheva over and after she healed me he was right on top of me and gearing up for another blow. I had a shotgun but no ammo in the gun, so I furiously pounded on reload and just before his axe came down I blasted him in the face. Dead. Awesome.

Wizpig

Seems that the PAL RE5 Demo will be in "bundle" with Bionic Commando, if you preorder it or something.
Lol.

So i guess we won't see it on the Marketplace/PSN.

Yama

Working on knife only runs with a former Outbreak player, should have some videos up shortly. God, I've played this demo six hours already. :lol

Does it need to be burnt to a CD or can I use a DVD?

I used a DVD and it came up as mixed media device which I could not access.

Undubbed

I already wasted my japanese account getting Blue Dragon's Hard mode and I don't have a DVD-R burner :(

unless you can play it from a cd-r?

Facism

Red_Ocelot said:
Does it need to be burnt to a CD or can I use a DVD?

I used a DVD and it came up as mixed media device which I could not access.

that's normal.

Navigate to your demos when the disc is in, it'll show up at the bottom.

[edit]is there a control scheme where i can at least move and aim? Game feels like a slow rigid shit atm.

Bumblebeetuna

Gold Member
Wtf, these controls suck. I guess I'm fine with moving slower than my 80 year old grandmother, but why can't you at least aim while slowly moving around? I guess we are back to the days of battling zombies and shitty controls.

Bumblebeetuna said:
Wtf, these controls suck. I guess I'm fine with moving slower than my 80 year old grandmother, but why can't you at least aim while slowly moving around? I guess we are back to the days of battling zombies and shitty controls.

Have you ever played a Resident Evil game before?

Jeez

Insane Metal

Gold Member
For a USB stick!

Somebody said to do this (in another board I attend):

- Create a folder named "content"
- put the game's folder inside (which is name 00000000000 isn't it?)

Insert it on your console and play.

Dunno if it works, but it's worth trying

Zeliard

Sectus said:
My response was more about the general complaints from people who feel like it should play like certain other games. No, one single change wouldn't make it like like Gears, but one single change also wouldn't satisfy all those people who are complaining about how it has awkward controls and how it's so slow.

Well, I can only really speak for myself, and I think simply allowing the player to move while aiming would be enough for me. When I play, that's the only thing that stands out as something I'd want changed, as far as controls. Far too often can you find yourself facing a group, as an example, and be forced to put your weapon down and leave yourself open to attack just to be able to backpedal (which is already slow enough). This limited control is not something Resident Evil inherently needs, especially not after having turned into a 3rd-person shooter.

Sectus said:
Enemies in Gears 2 most definitely doesn't react to every single bullet. Fire at an enemy with a lancer and you'll have to hit him several times before you see any reaction, and when there finally is a reaction it's only one of 3 things: they're stunned (with the same animation each time), they get downed, or they die.

That honestly hasn't been my experience with Gears 2. I believe they improved the hit-detection system over the first one. More than a few times I've seen an enemy jerk violently around as he was being shot to shit with a Lancer, which I didn't recall having seen in Gears 1.

Sectus said:
Compare that with RE5 and you'll see enemies react to almost every bullet, and when they do get stunned, they've got a bunch of different animations which has different consequences (some take longer to recover, some can let the player do a melee attack, and etc...). If you go back and play RE4 and then compare it to RE5, you'll notice the enemies has a ton of new animations, and the player has a bunch of new moves to do as well (like attacking enemies who are lying on the ground). There are some re-used animations (although they seem to have been a little more finetuned this time), but it's definitely not the same "identical set of canned animations".

The new melee moves are great, especially the stomp, and I have no complaints about the animations on Chris or Sheva. I really don't think the enemies have a "ton of a new animations", though. The ones that trigger the new melee attacks, yeah, but the vast majority seem directly cut-and-paste from RE4, albeit rendered with a much higher level of graphical fidelity. The game is definitely gorgeous, there's no doubt about it, which is why it's disappointing to me that as much attention wasn't paid on the animation as on the other aspects of the graphics. I think it's the single biggest reason that some people feel that RE5 is simply "RE4 in HD" (I'm not about to make a judgement like that having only played the demo, and I'm sure the full campaign has some nice surprises in store).

Sectus said:
Comparing it to L4D would be a joke. I can't remember the last time I've seen so little enemy AI and animation variety in a game.

You're saying that about L4D? The animation on the zombies is absolutely fantastic, and the enemy AI is solid considering the limited amount things you can do with zombies. Large hordes are unleashed at you but they don't just run straight at you directly. Some do, but others climb walls and all sorts of objects, attempt flanks, bash through doors, and just generally roam around all over. Their movement throughout the environment is top-notch.

Anyway, as I said earlier, I don't want to keep harping on RE5 like some hater, because I like it. It's obviously a very well-made game, you can tell that just from the demo. Huge amount of polish, excellent character and environmental designs, and generally enjoyable to play. And Sheva is pretty awesome. I just think it could've, and should've, been even greater.

AmMortal

Banned
This demo is amazing man.

I got to the part where you have to kill the chainsaw dude.

I ran out of bullets, and made some distance between us, so I could get my shotgun out.

I was like RUN!!!

He got to sheva,and started CHAINSAWING HER HEAD OFF,
i was like:

NOOO, NO!, NO!, NO!

It felt like I AM Legend.:lol

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Oh shit I forgot this was coming out today. Off to download now!

Mohonky

My only complaints;

- No movement when shooting. I don't want it to turn into a circle strafe 3rd person shooter but some slow movement backward, forward or side to side at walking pace would be nice while shooting.

- Being in the day, it can be hard to see the laser sighting, especially as it doesn't 'detect' point of impact with the walls or any other object except targets and doors. It really would make targetting easier if I had a point of reference to begin with.

Hammer24

Banned
Insane Metal said:
For a USB stick!

NO! Do not confuse people further!
There is already a folder named "content", no need to create something yourself.
The GH demo worked from an USB stick, but I couln´t try this one yet. If someone wants to - just copy said "content" folder onto the root directory of your usb stick. Put it into the 360, navigate to the demo section and see if it turns up there.
Just like with the disc it WONT BE DIRECTLY ACCESSIBLE!

homez99

Insane Metal said:
For a USB stick!

Nah doesn't work son, guess I'm going to wait for the community account, which is a pretty swish and helpful idea regardless.

Mr. Smith

Facism said:
did you burn all the folders, or the just the 4RTgGDTTGDGGDGDGBLAH file?

your disc should look like this:

content\0000000000000000\434387F2\00080000

and into the last folder you put the file

Insane Metal said:
For a USB stick!

The guy above you said id didnt work off a usb, now you are saying it does. Can anyone confirm without a doubt if it does or does not work off a usb.

Top Bottom