• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Biohazard 5 Demo Thread (Players list, scores, etc.)

After playing the PS3 demo non stop for one month I forgot how good is the 360 controller for this game, the aiming is way better for me with the 360 controller [config A]. But oh god, the tearing is so bad playing with the VGA cable, I hope they can fix this issue, I don't mind the gameplay with tearing, but the cutscenes?, no way.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Kevtones said:
I'm not. I'm saying the Wii controls this gameplay model better for me.
Good thing Capcom is not putting this one on Wii. I want a proper HD console RE.

rockman zx said:
After playing the PS3 demo non stop for one month I forgot how good is the 360 controller for this game, the aiming is way better for me with the 360 controller [config A]. But oh god, the tearing is so bad playing with the VGA cable, I hope they can fix this issue, I don't mind the gameplay with tearing, but the cutscenes?, no way.
Apples to oranges, both controls feel great.

Sectus

Well, I've noticed one difference from the Japanese demo. Just about everyone you connect to fails, and those few who manage to connect quit after joining the game. I miss japanese people :(

omg rite said:
Downloading now, but I had to do it manually. I added it to my queue through Xbox.com, but when I turned it on and went to my active downloads it said "assigned to other console".

Now I recently bought an Elite and used a memory unit to transfer everything over. But how do I fix it so that doesn't happen again?

Also, without that problem, would it download to my Xbox even if it's off? Like the Wii does?
Next time you get "assigned to other console", there should be options for "download this this file to this console" and "download all files to this console".

If you choose the latter, you'll never see that message again and all downloads you activate via the xbox.com will be to that specific console.

eso76

Does anyone know if those tearing issues people experience with vga cables on x360 also happen through hdmi ? i was considering purchasing a new xbox with hdmi output and that would piss me off.

FrankT

eso76 said:
Does anyone know if those tearing issues people experience with vga cables on x360 also happen through hdmi ? i was considering purchasing a new xbox with hdmi output and that would piss me off.

I played the JPN demo a dozen times or so and I only experienced it one time over HDMI during the first cutscene. Other than that, notta. Hopefully final build they will have them all ironed out.

someone said you can strafe and shoot... you can't.........

controls and aiming are a bit annoying i must admit. game looks good ofcourse...
hmmnn.. not sure yet, but WILL play it again tonight.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Sectus said:
Next time you get "assigned to other console", there should be options for "download this this file to this console" and "download all files to this console".

If you choose the latter, you'll never see that message again and all downloads you activate via the xbox.com will be to that specific console.

Oh cool, thanks.

Fortinbras said:
Didn't work for me.

What do you mean?

I think I'll go with the PS3 version of this one. I hate tearing.

There was absolutely no tearing for me in 2 hours of play this morning.

web01

Played the demo, CO OP is great fun and vey intense.
Graphics look great but the screen tearing in the game is ridiculous, worst I have seen this gen.

I played the Japanese demo through and through. Probably at least ten playthroughs of each scenario. And in 720p there is virtually no tearing whatsoever.

It looks georgeous at that resolution, so just run it at that.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Downloading now! I'm so excited.

omg rite said:
Kind of hard to hold that against a game on a system without a motion control pointer.
Not to shit up the thread, but it's not like that stops people from holding graphics against the Wii.

-PXG-

Wait. Is the demo out on JP PSN?

I have it on DVD for the 360. I just disconnected LIVE and the HDD and its working again.

Teknoman

Damn...in between classes, i've only got a chance to look at the title screen and maybe mess around for abit. Will definitely look for some GAF co-op when I get off though. Will be my first time through as well.

Oh yeah, Type A all the way! :D Might try other control schemes as well.

EDIT: Wow two sections? Thats pretty nice. Heh, standard RE4 controls feel a little strange after playing RE4 Wii. Of course there are 4 control schemes to try out...but Type A still feels like it might work the best.

Btw, whats with everyone using XBL Parties these days instead of in game normal communication? Just curious.

Top Bottom