• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mobile Suit Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans S2TEKKADAN is MURDERERS, HAIL GHALLARJORN

Celcius

°Temp. member
I just hope McGillis doesn't survive the show for what he did during the end of season 1 to Carta & Gaelio & Ein.... and for wanting to marry Gaelio's sister.

Apparently this is the pilot:
images stolen from reddit said:
fjaaUuN.png

...looks like McGillis and Mika did the fusion dance.

MikGillis? Mackkizuki?

When I was in Japan I saw this box and was like wow hush gets a cool custom gundam.

Like some weeks later I was very confused on why they'd released the kit so early and he still hadn't gotten it in the show yet.

Dude, that's Mika's and Atra's kid, Orga Biscuit Augus.

Nah, if you'd said Mika/ Kudelia I could reluctantly accept the aesthetic. But I'm still gonna go with a fusion. I'm just undecided on whether its the dance or if they used potara.

plot twist:
Bael's special ability is potatra fusion

C71pT7AXkAA7Z3L.jpg:small

Crying at Ride.

Im glad Mika speech kept them on the right path, wouldnt have made sense to go all out in revenge.

Hush dying, what, I dont understand the role for his character this season beyond being Mika handler, he kind of did nothing of note. Sad, but I didnt feel anything. Gaelio came off as more like he wanted McGillis attention than anything else, I cried at his passionate moment of being conflicted over forgiving McGillis

LETS SURVIVE

casiopao

Hush dead like a jobber lol. and Choco died without killing any important character this season must really be top quality of incompetence especially for final boss in Gundam lol.^^

And Almiria again showing why she is top quality waifu and why Choco want to bang her lol.^^

First: I fucking called it with business dude being the one who had killed Orga and Macky having nothing to do with it.

And how this episode I was honestly on the ropes there for and second and thought Macky was gonna kill Galio for a second. But the moment he said "I'm going to lose to Galio?" I knew this fight was over, didn't expect him to get such a nice dramatic death though, he deserved a more painful one like Hush.

And wow let's talk about Hush, could any character has been any more pointless!? Like what was his fucking purpose in this entire show? To be Mika's wheelchair and really fucking bad protege? He died like a fucking chump.

Most winningest gundam villain in a while.

duckroll

Wow. This show is going to stick the landing so hard. A Gundam series without heroes, without heroism, and where idealistic dreams and the fantasy of a single pilot in a super mech changing the world are punished and destroyed by reality. I didn't think Sunrise had it in them when this series started. But goddamn.

And wow let's talk about Hush, could any character has been any more pointless!? Like what was his fucking purpose in this entire show? To be Mika's wheelchair and really fucking bad protege? He died like a fucking chump.

To show that it's not enough to simply want to be something, and that you cannot achieve certain things through sheer willpower. That some people are simply more talented and gifted than others when it comes to physical skill sets. The Hush that lived was living a self-deluded lie that he could catch up to Mika. The Hush who died, died carrying out his role as just another cog in the wheel of Tekkadan, and he played his small part in a larger event, but will never be remembered for it.

casiopao

Wow. This show is going to stick the landing so hard. A Gundam series without heroes, without heroism, and where idealistic dreams and the fantasy of a single pilot in a super mech changing the world are punished and destroyed by reality. I didn't think Sunrise had it in them when this series started. But goddamn.

Indeed. All that Fantasy of Bael and Agnika Kaeru end up being a good lesson for Future people lol. That being power hungry and delusional is only going to lead you to your dead.^^

And of course, Vidar Mask protect from head shot lol.^^

TheFlow

Banned

To show that it's not enough to simply want to be something, and that you cannot achieve certain things through sheer willpower. That some people are simply more talented and gifted than others when it comes to physical skill sets. The Hush that lived was living a self-deluded lie that he could catch up to Mika. The Hush who died, died carrying out his role as just another cog in the wheel of Tekkadan, and he played his small part in a larger event, but will never be remembered for it.

yea season 1 was but season 2 is legit. still has some flaws.

Deadly

Kinda hope Gaelio, Julietta or hell even Iok turn on Rustal at this point. He's shown to be fucking scum like the rest so the more "honorable" ones might fuck him over.

Wow what a great episode! Mikazuki leading his comrades on the right path and making the most out of Orga's last wish was great; I loved his small speech and it was exactly what I hoped he would do.

Hush my boy you did not really do much, but the way he struggled in life and how his character ended really came out as so sad to me...I cried when he told Mika he would hold his position as he was thinking of his brother. Very heartbreaking. One of those sad realities.

McGillis last battle was absolutely amazing! He made a really cool last stand.

Such a great Gundam show! It will easily end up as one my favorite.

Rymuth

- Bael zipping around shots were very beautiful

- Charlie Chaplin dude is back. I had honestly forgotten about him

- McG losing his sanity and becoming unhinged was so...unsightly. I guess he truly had no back-up plan. What a piss-poor end for someone who apparently had it all figured it out. 5/10 Char Clone, would not watch again.

- "Me? Lose to Gaelio?!" unffff

- Gaelio beating McG both in MS and physical showdown was so cathartic. Now that's a payoff I could get behind. Well done, IBO.

casiopao

Is next week the last episode ?

YES.T_T

movie with super epic Mika please.

You mean Mika's Child right?^^ Mika is not going to survive, i am going to bet on this. Hell, he might even fall to Julietta lol to show to the world that AV is just some overrated techs and doing a full circle where AV is not regarded as super tech anymore like S1.^^

And we will get Gaelio who when returned greeted with the news of Almiria being pregnant with Choco baby lol.^^

I think Galio will shoot Rustal. I don't think it will end well for anyone.

Why? For What? Doing this not only ruin Gaelio future, he would also end up dead lol.^^

I think Galio will shoot Rustal. I don't think it will end well for anyone.
Well I belive that the escaping Tekkadan members will at least succeed and survive...so that's a good start. I'm also thinking that one or two of the members of the last stand squad will survive. May it be Eugene or one of the 3 kids with him.

duckroll

From the exchange at the end, I think it's quite obvious that Gaelio did everything under Rustal for a change at revenge. His perspective was that McDumbass betrayed their friendship, used everyone, never respected or valued the bonds they had, and was power hungry. So he was willing to sacrifice all his own integrity to have a shot at facing him one on one to beat him at his own game and get an answer out of him. But in the end he realized that McMoron was actually honest and sincere about his dreams, even if they were totally nonsensical, and that he forced himself to push his friends away because it was so important to him. Knowing that, I don't see why Gaelio would work under Rustal or continue this charade anymore, because it goes against his own beliefs as well.

Menthuss

McChoco last stand was... interesting. I was expecting more than him just singlehandely charging into the Arianrhod fleet and him going completely nuts, thinking he could actually pull off that one-man assault (though to be fair he was just tearing up every grunt effortlessly and might've actually gotten to Rustall had Gaelio not interfered).
Have to hand it to Sunrise for his last moments with Gaelio though. That was pretty touching.

Also, lol @ Hush. Dude got introduced as a chump and went out like one. I wonder if they had much bigger plans for him at the start of S2 and they ended up cutting it or whether his whole "arc" was planned out like that from the beginning.

MechaX

Given what happened, I don't think it would be an example of good writing if Gaelio turns on Rustal at this point (unless he does something super fucked up in the next episode). It's not like Choco put any seeds of doubt about Rustal in Gaelio's head or anything; Choco was like "jk you were still my bestie despite everything that has happened." Gaelio will likely just be like "okay Rustal, I'm done, I'm going back home" and make a clean break from him. What Rustal would do in that kind of circumstance... I dunno.

I feel bad for Hush; kinda didn't end up doing jack shit in the grand scheme of things, but maybe if he would have had more experience and training he could have been something. He wasn't like a Kou Uraki who, while inexperienced, did have some obvious talent and potential to save his hide.

Also, it was kinda funny that Mika of all people was the one to get Tekkadan's shit together.

But man, Choco's ultimate plan all along really was "c'mon man, I got Bael." That's... actually kind of funny and depressing at the same time.

duckroll

Also, lol @ Hush. Dude got introduced as a chump and went out like one. I wonder if they had much bigger plans for him at the start of S2 and they ended up cutting it or whether his whole "arc" was planned out like that from the beginning.

Knowing Mari Okada's style, I would say it's most likely how it was always planned out. He is introduced as a potential new ace pilot who can train under Mika and show that a normal person with enough determination can become like someone he looks up to. Even though everything we know about the science and psychology of why Mika is such a good pilot indicates that it will never be the case, he was encouraged into the position. In the end it amounted to nothing, but he got satisfaction out of giving it a shot, and having tried his best. Instead of being just another manual labor support staff, he got to pilot a mobile suit. He died because he isn't very good at it and the work is dangerous. Not every life has to have some perfect meaning or purpose, because in reality people live and die. Some try and succeed, some just fail because they were never meant for great things.

jgminto

Don't think it would make sense for Gaelio to betray Rustal, he's always been a manipulator and warmonger. This isn't something he hid from Gaelio, they may part ways but it's obvious that Rustal will be seated at the head of Gjallahorn by the end of this, it would perfectly encapsulate this season's counterpoint against Tekkadan and McGillis' struggle for power in a dominant society.

Also it seems like the people that had a problem with Hush's death completely missed the point of his character. His whole arc was him coming up against his limit as a pilot, and the impossibility of reaching the level he aimed for. And while he improved his attitude and relationship with Mika, he couldn't reach their level. His story was easily the highlight of the season for me.

vareon

Wow, McGillis watched too much Gundam SEED I think. Directly charging to an enemy's main fleet without any sort of backup is nuts. This isn't Seed, McGillis isn't Kira, and Bael isn't Strike Freedom.

casiopao

Don't think it would make sense for Gaelio to betray Rustal, he's always been a manipulator and warmonger. This isn't something he hid from Gaelio, they may part ways but it's obvious that Rustal will be seated at the head of Gjallahorn by the end of this, it would perfectly encapsulate this season's counterpoint against Tekkadan and McGillis' struggle for power in a dominant society.

Also it seems like the people that had a problem with Hush's death completely missed the point of his character. His whole arc was him coming up against his limit as a pilot, and the impossibility of reaching the level he aimed for. And while he improved his attitude and relationship with Mika, he couldn't reach their level. His story was easily the highlight of the season for me.

Agree which is why, if S3 happen. I would love if it is more on Gaelio being the MC and how he will try to face Rustal and tried to reform G-Horn without resorting to all this coup.

duckroll

The only reason I have a feeling he will shoot Rustal is not so much that he is "betraying" Rustal but rather that he reevaluates what he has done, what decisions he has made, and realizes that he worked with Rustal for nothing. He never believed in Rustal's ideals or whatever, he was just on the side that was convenient for him to fight McLoser. With that gone, what is left for him? He sure as fuck isn't going to go fight Mika or Tekkadan or anything. It means nothing to him. The thing that MIGHT mean something to him, is the chance to reform Gallyhorny. It's something he always agreed with McHoldthatL with. They just had different understandings of what that meant.

Top Bottom