• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mobile Suit Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans S2TEKKADAN is MURDERERS, HAIL GHALLARJORN

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
McGillis you dingus, why'd you go and Leeroy Jenkins that. I hope next episode is just 24 minutes of Mikazuki swinging his big dick around.

Oh fuck off with stupid shit. She's like 8.

Anything with that character is weird as fuck.

Is all of that played straight in Japan? Because it feels like it is but it comes off as super fucking creepy.

casiopao

Basically only prime Gaelio (with Ein) had the chops for a climatic final duel with Mika and he really has no reason to do so and is nowhere near currently. Doesn't make a lick of sense for Julietta who just came out from near fatal injuries to be equal to or better than Mika. If he's going down it would be attriction against the entire force. It wouldn't be much of a duel. I mean I know the antagonists have some insane plot armours but it would be a bit much.

I don't think there will be any duel.

It will be a massacre. Julietta will arrive and fight Mikazuki who had been highly damaged due to relentless attack by G-Horn armies. This is War lol. Not some kind of kiddy Duel things.^^

McGillis you dingus, why'd you go and Leeroy Jenkins that. I hope next episode is just 24 minutes of Mikazuki swinging his big dick around.

Anything with that character is weird as fuck.

Is all of that played straight in Japan? Because it feels like it is but it comes off as super fucking creepy.

On Almiria,i think they are playing with Murasaki from Genji Monogatari where the MC also made such a young girl into his wife there.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I don't think there will be any duel.

It will be a massacre. Julietta will arrive and fight Mikazuki who had been highly damaged due to relentless attack by G-Horn armies. This is War lol. Not some kind of kiddy Duel things.^^

On Almiria,i think they are playing with Murasaki from Genji Monogatari where the MC also made such a young girl into his wife there.

You say this after a straight duel just happened this episode.

Sop basically Chocoman sacrificed himself so Gaelio can finish Rustal and crown him the most powerful in Gjallarhorn. Pretty slick move on Galigali's part.

Rustal's end is already being laid here with his talk with Julietta and being 'one of those shady adults' while Gaelio was in the room. It's in line with his character too, being the purer version of McGillis' ideals in reforming Gjallarhorn.

I actually thought McGillis and Galigali were gonna kiss there at the end.

Mika isn't going to get "development". There's nothing to develop. He's a sociopath who went along with a narcissist because he promised him direction and purpose on a planet without one. He'll react to his friends death like he does everybody else's. With antipathy and a bit of annoyance. Because his character is already developed. He's a monster just like the rest of them. Death is just another inconvenience to him doing what he finds fulfills him. Battle conflict and death.

It's why this season is good. It's not the traditional Gundam "everybody does cause drama" shit. Of course these people are dying. They're fighting an open insurrection against the dominant system power that, despite festering and rotting from within (the seeds being planted I think to even show that if Rustal wins or loses is meaningless because it's dead soon no matter what due to decay and factionalism). They aren't​ professionals, they are soldiers who lost their edge and tried to become space Yakuza. They lost. The price for losing a gamble is death.

I like it. A Season 3 would ruin it.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Mika isn't going to get "development". There's nothing to develop. He's a sociopath who went along with a narcissist because he promised him direction and purpose on a planet without one. He'll react to his friends death like he does everybody else's. With antipathy and a bit of annoyance. Because his character is already developed. He's a monster just like the rest of them. Death is just another inconvenience to him doing what he finds fulfills him. Battle conflict and death.

It's why this season is good. It's not the traditional Gundam "everybody does cause drama" shit. Of course these people are dying. They're fighting an open insurrection against the dominant system power that, despite festering and rotting from within (the seeds being planted I think to even show that if Rustal wins or loses is meaningless because it's dead soon no matter what due to decay and factionalism). They aren't​ professionals, they are soldiers who lost their edge and tried to become space Yakuza. They lost. The price for losing a gamble is death.

It's pretty clear Mikazuki reacted with sadness to Hush's death rage to Shino's and solemn grief with Orga's. While it's easier and far simplier to pigeonhole him into a simple sociopath that doesn't care there's numerous instances that shw there's more to it. He simply doesn't displace his emotions outwards and they are far more subdued than you would except.

It's pretty obvious he does care for members of Tekkadan but conversely not to the degree that'd he'd breakdown or cry over it, largely he's become immune to death and treats those that are not his comrades trivially. He is absolutely and completely goal orientated and almost never allows what remains of his emotions get the best of him. He is sociopathic but that doesn't mean he has absolutely no emotions or geniune worries whatsoever.

Drayco21

I had the ending of this show pegged to have Uncle Hush raising Mika's kid, and the final fight being between Mika and McGillis.

Well shit. We're really racking it up, huh? At least it seems like Gaellio might make it out alive after all; I just hope he takes Julietta with him.

Great episode. McGillis was OP but Ein is god cheat, he never had a chance. I really like Gaelio now, he finally got his closure with McGillis and maybe now he'll reform Gjallarhorn the right way. Mika's speech was so raw, Orga ordered them to survive and Mika is gonna make it happen, also, no way Mika is defeated by Julieta, we haven't even seen Mika give Barbatos full control yet like when he fought the MA, Mika will probably single-handedly defeat Gjallarhorn's forces giving everyone else fighting a chance to get to the tunnel. Hush death was sad too, he did his best for Tekkadan and Mika acknowledged him in the end. I'm so hyped for the last episode next week.

Ken

n56duQ0.jpg

rip in peace

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
One could say that same about most human lives.
I like this response a lot.

Anyways, surprisingly enough, choco-man dying elicited more of an emotional response from me than Orga kicking the bucket. It was handled very well. Him slowly losing his grasp on the world around him and tightening his grip on his power fantasy, eventually ending in him losing his sanity. After being dominated by the same raw power he wished to display, he keeps clawing at his dream to take over Gjallarhorn. After coming face to face with death, he admits he had to ignore happiness otherwise he would never achieve his childish dream and that in the end, he really did think of Gaelio as his friend.

I don't know why people think Rustal is going to die. Maybe in a time skip. Think we're too far down the "people with plans, connections, and power win in the end" route. Gaelio and Julia both seem to respect Rustal too much to turn on him, even if their opinion of him has lessened. Unless the story jumps ship and he also loses his mind.

convo

Watching all of the last month's episode in one go was soooo good.
Are there people right now who expect Tekkadan to be wiped out?
Isn't the first lesson anime taught you that you can pass on your dreams to other people, can't you see it's good enough for what they set up? Mika can die now that he got a kid. Kudelia and Gaelio are gonna fight for a better future in general and unless the rest of Tekkadan will not find their way to earth i don't see how it's going to be a downer ending. Maybe in comparison to other Gundam shows but i don't care.
Iok will live on of course, i will believe this until i can celebrate even harder if he doesn't make it.

Einchy

This is why I like this show and hate Unicorn.

Luigi87

Hush went out like a bitch D=

Gaelio was all "NOTICE ME SENPAI"

McGillis fulfilled the prophecy of dying in an episode named after a character.

BAD END-a-comin'

I don't know what's funnier.

Hush being a waste of an episode.

Mcgilli's great plan basically being I'll 1v100 them oh yeah.

Bael getting murked by U G L Y again. (DW Bael baby, you still sexy, just waiting on those 1/100 reviews)

Galigali basically just being 'look at me senpai'.

Also is it just me or did mcgilly throw away one of his swords for no reason in the middle of his fight in gali, I thought there'd be a reason for that but nope it just never showed up again. (edit: ah saw in reddit that it had broken half by then, some shitty weapons tbh, shoulda borrowed lupus's tonk macesword, and still has he no played dark souls? Broken sword > no sword).

Also lol @ the toddler trying to be a good wife.

I hate how Rustal always gets this one liners by himself

speaking about justice and stuff like some glorious narrator when he himself is scum of the earth

Eh, at least Rustal admits what he is, you've to respect that.

Gaelio was all "NOTICE ME SENPAI"

ah fuck you pally.

casiopao

What? Mika already had more character growth vs McGillis lol. This episode is the first time Mika took an initiative without Orga's order. I can't see how that show he don't have any character growth at all.O_O

Hey man he got some no-names plus Isurugi a few episodes ago!

Still more kill list vs McGillis in the end too lol.^^

Defuser

What? Mika already had more character growth vs McGillis lol. This episode is the first time Mika took an initiative without Orga's order. I can't see how that show he don't have any character growth at all.O_O
Mika's initiative is more or less the same as when he took orders from Orga. It's basically:

Orga: Kill some dudes to reach our place.

Mika: lol ok

*Orga dies*

Mika : Orga's will is to kill some dudes to reach our place so lol ok.

The only real character development is when that chump Hush got Hush'ed thats when he said encouraging words of trust to give relief although it was too fucking late.

casiopao

He also lanced his poor ally grunt when bael dodged this episode.

So that is Friendly Fire lol?^^ So now, Gali will probably be in +1 kill right?^^ lol.

Mika's initiative is more or less the same as when he took orders from Orga. It's basically:

*Orga dies*

The only real character development is when that chump Hush got Hush'ed thats when he said encouraging words of trust to give relief although it was too fucking late.

Indeed he is still following Orga's Order.But we never ever saw Mikazuki standing in front of everybody by his own will and provide some kind of motivational talk. It had never happened till now i think? So it maybe slow and small but he did indeed grow from S1 there.^^

casiopao

I think the most interesting line from Mika in the episode was "I just felt like asking, that's all."

Agree lol.^^ It is like he is surrendering to the fact that Orga had already passed away and he will do everything to honor his dead there.T_T

And. Oh yeah guys.^^

lNmDfBF.jpg

I actually finish my Gusion yesterday lol. While watching Gundam too.^^

Rymuth

Eh, at least Rustal admits what he is, you've to respect that.
We agree on something, at last. Rustal is self aware, which is more than you can say for everyone else on this show.

*Orga dies*

Pretty much. Tekkadan's MO is to bash the problem and if it doesn't work, bash it harder.

"Work smarter not harder." - Scrooge McDuck

yami4ct

Finally caught up ahead of the finale next week. I had thoughts, but I think Duckroll has already taken them all, hahah.

Yeah, the way this show is ending is everything I kind of hoped it would be. There are no grand heroes, no magic plans that can defeat the odds, no saviors. Perhaps some will live at the end of this, but that will be more luck than anything else. Iron-Blooded Orphans has always been a show of kids punching above their station and trying to take on the world, but unfortunately when the world punches back pure determination can't win you the day.

I'm really, really happy that Sunrise has let Okada just go for it. This is what Gundam has needed on the TV side for a really long time now. A strong core authorial voice that won't just regurgitate the stories we've seen for almost 40 years now.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Killing Grunt don't count bro. Boooooo.

And .......Aston?O_O Damn i forget all about him lol.^^
They can't seem to let MC kill anyone worthwhile. Tried to Gaelio with a cockpit stab fails. Tries to kill lol with a cockpit stab fails. Tries to kill Gawlio again with a cockpit stab fails. The dude is cursed. If he was More effective at doing that his stupid ass plan may have worked.

casiopao

They can't seem to let MC kill anyone worthwhile. Tried to Gaelio with a cockpit stab fails. Tries to kill lol with a cockpit stab fails. Tries to kill Gawlio again with a cockpit stab fails. The dude is cursed. If he was Moe effective at doing that his stupid ads plan may have worked.

Lol. At first, i thought that is only running when he is riding suits there but when his shot is blocked the Steel Mask, i finally know that Gali Gali is his Achilles Heel lol. He just can't kill him. Even when he hit that head shot spot lol.^^

And oh yeah, on of my pals said, how cool it would be for Julietta to arrive at Mars with her Reginlaze Julia however with some Flauros part cannibalize into the suits lol.^^

It will be such crazy irony for Tekkadan members to killed by their pals weapon lol.^^

Principate

Saint Titanfall

*Orga dies*

Mikazuki largely knew the sorts of plans Orga would come up with are pretty much some hair brained scheme relying on Mikazuki to save the day largely. Hell when orga faulter he pushed him to continue with that shit. As long he got to destroy some stuff he was fine with it. He had a good grasp of Orga's thought processes

I don't think Mikazuki's word's to hush were too late or there's too much more he could of had said. He went out of his way save Hush's ass countless times and believed in him and by this point Hush had realised that. That's largely why the final exchange was again a confirmation of said belief.

Shouta

Oh fuck off with stupid shit. She's like 8.

Also Galigali sounded like Chocoman's ex girlfriend.

Agreed, especially when so many old characters got shafted.

Almiria is a pretty prime example of how badly McGillis was fucked up by everything because he then proceeded to fuck up another poor kid as a result. =(

casiopao

Almiria is a pretty prime example of how badly McGillis was fucked up by everything because he then proceeded to fuck up another poor kid as a result. =(

Isn't why Macky choose Almiria is more of the case that he can't believe any other adult anymore there?

He seems to be quite sincere on his feeling towards Almiria there as he probably feels that over everyone on the world, Almiria is probably the only human he can trust the best.^^

Next episode will be glorious. I can't wait for the full wipe next week, after which everyone will rush online taking about how pointless this show was, but tekkadans failure will be the point

casiopao

Next episode will be glorious. I can't wait for the full wipe next week, after which everyone will rush online taking about how pointless this show was, but tekkadans failure will be the point

And all people forget how Kudelia actually had brought some reformation towards Mars and only complained for all their life because their favourite terrorist is wiped out there.^^

StayDead

Hush no :(

I can't see this ending well, but as long as some of them make it I don't mind.

All my favourite characters have already died so fuck.

next week...

Gali "RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSTAAAAAAAAAAAAL"

Rusta
l "Huh? wait were did you get that gun?"

*In comes Iok Kujan

Iok "Oh I just got my injures cured so I want to get back to Mar-" *Slips and Falls

hits a desk, desk falls, hits another thing and another thing till a chain reaction hits Gali which makes the bullet ricochet and hit Gali in the face

RIP Gali

Rustal overcomes shock only to spout more nonsense stating that he knew this would happen and "blah,blah, fate, blah, blah, an example for humankind, blah JUSTICE!"

------------------------------------------------------

Rustal would be a perfect fit as a Admiral in One Piece

Jubern

I swear I can't understand the high praise I have been hearing from everyone here all year long.

The series had its peak and some interesting parts (the MA arc notably) and the endgame is an somewhat intriguing twist on how things usually happen...
But it's been such a drag all the way.

I swear I watched season 1 half-asleep ans almost killed myself every time any of the girls linked to a main appeared on screen (Kudelia, Atra, Almiria) bringing down the series every - single - time, and sighed on countless occasion at the narration and its sledgehammer-like subtlety.

I love Gundam but I swear I can't wait for this to end.

Rymuth

I swear I can't understand the high praise I have been hearing from everyone here all year long.

The series had its peak and some interesting parts (the MA arc notably) and the endgame is an somewhat intriguing twist on how things usually happen...
But it's been such a drag all the way.

I swear I watched season 1 half-asleep ans almost killed myself every time any of the girls linked to a main appeared on screen (Kudelia, Atra, Almiria) bringing down the series every - single - time, and sighed on countless occasion at the narration and its sledgehammer-like subtlety.

I love Gundam but I swear I can't wait for this to end.
It's not a perfect deconstruction of Gundam, for sure. There are many missteps but most of us are marveling at the novelty of watching an unheroic band of protagonists getting curbstomped because of their greed.

casiopao

obURCP9h.jpg

Astaroth is McGillis and Tekkadan

VS

Gusion which is Rustal and Gaelio lol.^^

The size difference is going to be pure massacre.^^

Einchy

I would say that this show was at it's best during season 1 when they were more of the underdogs and it felt like Beasts of no Gundams. It lost a lot of i t's magic when it became more about space politics, I mean, the show always had a lot of it but it became mostly that in season 2.

Never stopped liking the show but if only it would go back to it's season 1 goodness.

Also, did anyone else find it weird that that accounting lady was into the mechanic? I don't ever recall them seeming like they were into each other at all. She once said she had someone she cared about but I was sure she was talking about Orga.

Rymuth

I would say that this show was at it's best during season 1 when they were more of the underdogs and it felt like Beasts of no Gundams. It lost a lot of i t's magic when it became more about space politics, I mean, the show always had a lot of it but it became mostly that in season 2.

Never stopped liking the show but if only it would go back to it's season 1 goodness.

Also, did anyone else find it weird that that accounting lady was into the mechanic? I don't ever recall them seeming like they were into each other at all. She once said she had someone she cared about but I was sure she was talking about Orga.
Hm? Did you miss the episode where Chad discovered she was sleeping with the mechanic and threw a fit? Or are you talking in general?

Top Bottom