• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortemis

Banned
I HATE this trade... Hope you know what you are doing Jerry

Honestly don't really see what Jerry sees in AAA starters. I get that he wants to build depth but in the last year he's traded higher upside position players for these high floor pitchers like Heston, De Jong, Lee, Povse, etc and I can't think of any that worked out. I was probably the only mariner fan that disliked or even cared for the Chris Taylor for Zach Lee trade but look at how that's worked out.

Rommel

Honestly don't really see what Jerry sees in AAA starters. I get that he wants to build depth but in the last year he's traded higher upside position players for these high floor pitchers like Heston, De Jong, Lee, Povse, etc and I can't think of any that worked out. I was probably the only mariner fan that disliked or even cared for the Chris Taylor for Zach Lee trade but look at how that's worked out.

I never would have guessed Taylor would have turned into what he has.

Mortemis

Banned
I never would have guessed Taylor would have turned into what he has.

Yes, but he was a good defender at Short (other than that one horrible game last year right before the trade -_- ) and put up numbers before in the MLB and AAA. Basically got rid of our best backup shortstop right when we really needed one last year for nothing. Him being as good as he is right now is just icing.

Isn't this upcoming FA group pretty weak for pitchers?

I'm under the assumption that usually trades are less expensive prospect wise in the offseason than at the trade deadline, with teams being more willing to make trades. But yeah, a poor FA class is probably gonna make this offseason close to as tough to get pitchers as now.

Velcro Fly

What is Rondon doing throwing three straight sliders that aren't even close.

Just the entire bullpen is fucking awful all on the same day

Maybe the Braves realized Aaron Blair would have to start today against the Dodgers in LA instead of Garcia and someone said, "Uhhhh, delay it a few days".

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Maybe the Braves realized Aaron Blair would have to start today against the Dodgers in LA instead of Garcia and someone said, "Uhhhh, delay it a few days".
I'm still holding out hope that the Aaron Blair that pitched against Detroit will show himself again.

Line_HTX

Eww, ketchup.

ZIHGF1e.png

Mayo is not good at all. I only really use ketchup for fries since I usually put tomato on my burgers and don't like adding ketchup on tomato. I'm not entirely opposed to ketchup on a burger, though.

Just don't put ketchup on hot dog. D:

Anyways, Kennedy/Shields matchup at the K with being the weather being 97 (feeling like 107) is going to be great! Balls will be flying! ...Or it'll be a 1-0 type of game. :p

Matz looking dreadful yet again. I know it won't happen mainly because a lot these guys have diminished value for different reasons but I certainly wouldn't mind only seeing deGrom and Syndergaard back as mainstays in the Mets rotation next season.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
An update from the minor league. I'm at the Fire Frogs and Mets game.

Tim "The only reason why anyone is here" Tebow is currently 0 for 1 with a 3 pitch strikeout.

I'll keep you all updated.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
An update from the minor league. I'm at the Fire Frogs and Mets game.

Tim "The only reason why anyone is here" Tebow is currently 0 for 1 with a 3 pitch strikeout.

I'll keep you all updated.
Looks like the Mets caught Touki Toussiant on one of his good nights. He can be unhittable sometimes.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
At bat 3: Tebow got a dinger!

And when I say dinger I mean he but a pop fly to center.

0 for 3.

Half the stadium just exited.

A friend made me realize, DiPoto traded Tyler O'Neil for the statistical equivalent of a guy the Mariners gave away for free in the offseason. Such a bad trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom