• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/12 |OT10| Silverware, promotion, survival, relegation and tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

Wait...sergio got called up? lol

Yep, quite sure. He wants to win the Olympics just like Pep did when he was a player. He wants to lead Spain to Olympic gold, and both Barca and Pep have given him the green-light to participate.
So it is all up to whether or not Spain want him, which of course they do.

edit
Subscribing

just noticed Fady is a fan of every club in the OT lol (in the previous OT too)

yeah Fady put himself everywhere when he created the last OT I believe. :lol

Choc

Banned
Mike Dean seems to have fallen off the face of the planet. I thought he may have done the championship playoff this weekend but nope

and he isn't going to Euro 2012.

Euro 2012 refs

Çakιr Cüneyt Turkey
Eriksson Jonas Sweden
Kassai Viktor Hungary
Kuipers Bjorn Netherlands
Lannoy Stéphane France
Oliveira Alves Garcia Pedro Proença Portugal
Rizzoli Nicola Italy
Skomina Damir Slovenia
Stark Wolfgang Germany
Thomson Craig Scotland
Velasco Carballo Carlos Spain
Webb Howard England

Done :) Would be a good idea for next season though.
Every year we try to get leagues going and they can never make it. I wish the euro DLC didn't suck because a euro tourney would be fun and quick.

Also, of you want a fun team to play as in FIFA (other than Stoke) try CSKA Moscow. They have five players with 89+ speed. Plus Honda.

elsk

Banned
Next time we should try a tournament, not a league. I think the game includes and option to make a customized Cup.

Fry

ibxdK1ryvvNipS.jpg

My god, Aquilani's wife is something else.

offshore

Campbell going crazy at the end of MGS2 is still one of the greatest moments in gaming... even if the whole story itself was a mind fuck. lol

Clegg

I still haven't gotten past act 1 of MGS 4.

I've replayed 2 & 3 to refresh my memory so I'll start 4 when I'm finished my exams.

offshore

Just checking Clegg... have you played MGS1?

Not gonna spoil it if you don't know about it, but what happens later on in MGS4 is one of its better moments if you've played MGS1.

Clegg

Just checking Clegg... have you played MGS1?

Not gonna spoil it if you don't know about it, but what happens later on in MGS4 is one of its better moments if you've played MGS1.

I've played all the mainline MGS games except 4.

I know that there are a few returning characters from MGS 1 but not much else.

Somehow I've managed to not be spoiled on the story of 4. I know some people on GAF hate the game but some of my mates rave about it.

FootballFan

oop double post

higuain is leaving :(

can't blame him, he wants to be a starter and that won't happen with benz around

we better get good value for him, psg bound?

I hope he joins Barca!(unlikely lol) Awesome player that deserved more playing time at Madrid, can't be blamed if he wants to leave.

So who will be Madrids bench striker ?

MPW

oop double post

I hope he joins Barca!(unlikely lol) Awesome player that deserved more playing time at Madrid, can't be blamed if he wants to leave.

So who will be Madrids bench striker ?

messi :D

no clue

RVN and drogba too old ... rvp (if he is willing to share time with benz)?

kun for higuain?

sohois

I've played all the mainline MGS games except 4.

I know that there are a few returning characters from MGS 1 but not much else.

Somehow I've managed to not be spoiled on the story of 4. I know some people on GAF hate the game but some of my mates rave about it.

That's funny, of the MGS games I've only played 4 and none of the others. I really liked it, don't listen to "GAF" given that it was also GOTY in 2008 (and again when the voting was redone recently).

Anyway here is everything you need to know about the MGS4 story
nanomachines

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Anyone else who's a neutral for the Championship play-offs disappointed at the Cardiff result (so far)? I don't know why, I just think the idea of that derby in the PL is pretty romantic. I guess that means I'm not really a neutral.

That's funny, of the MGS games I've only played 4 and none of the others. I really liked it, don't listen to "GAF" given that it was also GOTY in 2008 (and again when the voting was redone recently).

Anyway here is everything you need to know about the MGS4 story
nanomachines
That's why. If you're a fan of the other 3 games' story it literally destroys the entire canon beyond repair. If you're a fan of the unique way MGS breaks up gameplay (codec) then enjoy the whole 2 times it's used in the entire game. If you're a fan of the other 3's legendary bosses then you'll hate the badly designed, boring soulless BB corps. If you're a fan of the god-tier hub level design with a million different options and ways to play around of the series then you'll hate the linear, lazy 'levels' of MGS4.

But if you're none of those and your point of comparison is CoD BlOps or something then maybe it seems like a great game. MGS4's biggest problem is how much of a disappointment it is.

offshore

MGS4's biggest problem is how much of a disappointment it is.

Biggest problem for me was the act system, and how there was no flow between environments. One act is one setting, then the next act is another setting, and it just broke the whole game up. David Hayter's overacting was also annoying.

Choc

Banned
Liverpool and Chelsea have met nine times in the FA Cup, including two semi-finals (most recently in 2006), although they have never met in the final before.

mind blown

and again

As Liverpool and Chelsea had been due to play one another in the Premier League at Anfield on 5 May 2012, the same day as the final, the FA announced that the league game would be postponed until Tuesday 8 May, meaning that the two sides will play each other twice in four days.[16] This is the second consecutive year that the FA Cup final has featured two teams scheduled to play each other in the league on the same weekend as the final, after Manchester City's meeting with Stoke City last season.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Hope we win copa del rey so we can face Madrid in August, I'm watching this madrid celebration and all this talk about the end of the Barcelona era stuff is just lol

rodvik

Don't think that will happen. And if something does happen, it wont be as bad as Tevez.

He has said countless times that he loves the club, the city, the people and wants to repay Barca for believing in him and paying for his treatment. The only way he will leave I read, is if the club thinks he isn't useful to them anymore and want to get rid of him, otherwise he will stay. But players have said many things and gone the opposite way.

Probably right. He seems a one club man. Just have to wonder how much the pep effect matters to him. He also has looked a bit frustrated occasionally recently, usually at himself but sometimes it a bit wider. We will find out I guess.

IceCold

So I took a look at the "GAFfers' Clubs - which team is the best supported on GAF?" list and noticed that Fady's name comes up in every single team lol

ATF487

So I took a look at the "GAFfers' Clubs - which team is the best supported on GAF?" list and noticed that Fady's name comes up in every single team lol

thatsthejoke.gif

Excited for the FA cup final on Saturday. I'm actually heading home right after one of my finals to watch it in HD on my parent's 47in TV

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
There's also the Olympics, which not many really care about, but Busquets will be there :D
Pretty sure LatinAmericaGAF and AfricaGAF cares. It's only you Eurosnobs who are quick to claim it is another Mickey Mouse tournament
just like most PL fans regarding international football.

elsk

Banned
Pretty sure LatinAmericaGAF and AfricaGAF cares. It's only you Eurosnobs who are quick to claim it is another Mickey Mouse tournament

Olympics should be cool. VAMOS HONDURAS!
They mad because their countries aren't on the competition ;)
and because UK NT sucks.

FootballFan

I care ! I was just saying a lot of people don't for some reason. I think its a pretty cool little tournament. Plus Messi and Pep have won it :p

edit
Also last ot as a premier league team. This time next ot I'll be gone!

Rename thread !

|OT10| Jeffs last football thread. Damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom