• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT14| Only Wilbury's belly is smoother than BAAAYEEERNs season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timurid

fucking reims

Zlatan should of had his goal counted and Lavezzi should of put those two chances he had earlier in the fucking net...

dc89

Sorry to hear about you cat Sean, but 22 is a great age, she must have had a good life.

Those odds aren't very good.

I'm no gambling man, but surely those are shitty odds...?

Doubling your money? Maybe I'm conservative, but not bad for something which is virtually a given these days.

---

BEXrFTBCYAI3Wcl.jpg

But 8 out of 10 times they're playing weak teams . They've come up against two strong ones this week and lost all three times. It's not that they should immediately turn to a plan B, but it must be frustrating as fuck for their fans to see them 2-1 down and there's no injection of pace or energy or fight against their biggest rivals. Why aren't they focused? Why aren't they ignoring the fatigue and trying to score against Real Madrid?

I'd still place them as number one on the list of teams in Europe, and I wouldn't necessarily want to play them, but I wouldn't be scared of them because I'd have every confidence we could adapt to them.

So are Madrid and most top sides in Europe, and that's not even to mention Barca's form in Europe over the last few years; they probably have a better record overall than any other. They've lost to Milan and Madrid, but how many times have they smashed those same teams (who are coincidentally around 15 points behind the league leaders)?

Every side is going to go through a bad patch. I just don't understand that when it comes to Barca, people blame the very same philosophy that has continued to reap so much reward for them. The team they lost to today are how many points behind them? How weak must that make Madrid as a club side to lose to the one dimensional, predictable Barca?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Coutinho has made quite the impact.

Wake me up when they beat a team from the top half (that isn't Swansea's reserves). Of course you can only play what's in front of you but the defending from Liverpools opposition in the last two games has been tragic.

Coutinho does look tidy though. Has great feet.

Keio

For a Finer World
Embarrassing wish fulfillment rumor that Valdes one. Some dignity in victory PLZ (on Tue this week the cunt Merengues threw a flare two meters from me (and a 2-year old kid).

But the BCN crisis... Where to start.

- Tito being away is a biggie. If you read the Pep book and the Hunter Barca, you see how Guardiola (and then Tito) motivated the players, kept discipline and made games feel important by building the storylines. Now Alves saying "we know what to do" shows what the illusion is. Managers are there to make sure people go out knowing what to do, reminding them not to act like cunts (Valdes, looking at you), and respond to each others subs like with CR7 changing the game today Roura should've reacted by bringing in Adriano immediately, maybe also Tello.

- Why no Masia players getting playtime? Pep brought youth players in much more actively.

- Mourino was smart today. Maybe Roura was trying something new and tried to pull Real Madrid out of position, but they sat back, refusing to get drawn into chasing the ball. Then for the last 30 min Mou unleashed the full team, with Barca not able to adjust.

- I don't believe tiki-taka is over. There is a disturbing lack of movement, pressing etc. from the current Barca team, but there are tweaks left in the formula.

La Liga will probably be Barcelona's, but unless the team pulls together (e.g. Tito flies back and rejuvenates everyone with a magic potion) Milan won't be beatable.

Cyclical history: the domination era of BCN may be over for a while again. But who will be the next Best team on Earth?

Wake me up when they beat a team from the top half (that isn't Swansea's reserves). Of course you can only play what's in front of you but the defending from Liverpools opposition in the last two games has been tragic.

Coutinho does look tidy though. Has great feet.

Well you've gone and fucking jinxed us now, haven't we got them away next week?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Al Habsi looooooool

Cricket score incoming. The easiest 3-0 you'll ever see.

Well you've gone and fucking jinxed us now, haven't we got them away next week?

Pssh, they had one of their best games against us at WHL and still lost. A Liverpool player hasn't scored against us for almost three years. Their only goal against us in 2.5 seasons was the Bale OG.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm not suggesting they are. But here are, after a few loses, and all of a sudden we're trying to find fault in their approach as a club. Overreaction much?

But there is a fault. In consecutive seasons now they've come up against teams in crunch matches and lost them all. They were always going to beat the smallers teams in La Liga. What mattered more to them was getting one over Real this year, perhaps winning another cup, and of course the Champions League. Last year they had to beat Madrid to stand a chance of winning the league and they had to beat Chelsea. They didn't. There is a problem in that teams have adapted to the way Barcelona play and are beating them in the really important crunch encounters, and as of yet Barcelona haven't reacted to it.

GorillaJu

But there is a fault. In consecutive seasons now they've come up against teams in crunch matches and lost them all. They were always going to beat the smallers teams in La Liga. What mattered more to them was getting one over Real this year, perhaps winning another cup, and of course the Champions League. Last year they had to beat Madrid to stand a chance of winning the league and they had to beat Chelsea. They didn't. There is a problem in that teams have adapted to the way Barcelona play and are beating them in the really important crunch encounters, and as of yet Barcelona haven't reacted to it.

But the thing is, Barça have been beating teams all season who haven't managed to best their style.

Wow, Reina again. Great cross by Bousejour.

flippedb

Banned
La Liga will probably be Barcelona's, but unless the team pulls together (e.g. Tito flies back and rejuvenates everyone with a magic potion) Milan won't be beatable.

Cyclical history: the domination era of BCN may be over for a while again. But who will be the next Best team on Earth?

j6Knqs6hEgC0Z.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom