• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

It takes a lot more than good facilities to be a good club for developing youth talents.

That's not a dig at City, their plans are wonderful. Just it's misguided to say, because we have these facilities, this is the premier place for youth development.

Look at Barcelona's team now. None of those players came through a spectacularly designed academy (probably an even better one setting tbh, such a shame La Masia is no longer the academy hub). It's the coaching and club ethos which is most important in producing young talents. Facilities help but they aren't even the #1 requirement.

I agree 100% it was an ethos that allowed it to happen and years of work along with some great natural talent.

rodvik

Dunno. Everyone seemed to think Villa are going to finish in the top half, almost unanimously.

Really? Well I bloody hope so. Today was frightening. We need to be bussing in the new signings next week. Just buy them by the pound, thats how many we need.

Salvadora

Jol and Liverpool target Dempsey no longer on speaking terms
Martin Jol and Clint Dempsey are no longer on speaking terms according to the Fulham boss.
The American, a fans’ favourite at Craven Cottage after six star-studded seasons in west London, is a target for Liverpool.
However, with the transfer deadline looming and a deal no closer to being struck Jol is keen to reconcile his relationship with Dempsey.
But the forward is as determined as ever to force a move to Anfield rather than return to the Fulham team.
“Nothing has changed,” Jol said. “I asked him to come in my office and he doesn’t want to talk so it is a very awkward situation.
“The only thing is we kept everything behind the curtains so nobody knew but this situation is as it is for the last five weeks.”

Jabo

First Penalty of the season goes to Juve 35 mins in. Seems like this is going to be an interesting season

( ¬‿¬)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
First Penalty of the season goes to Juve 35 mins in. Seems like this is going to be an interesting season

( ¬‿¬)
They shouldn't give penalties that early? We're aiming to break Milan's record of 12 dubious penalties.

elseanio

Wanna me to gather all the links of the player's icons so you can put on the new OP?

I will grab them from an old OT. I really need to update the leagues and stuff, just not had any time

edit* Ahh ok. Can you send me a PM with them, if you go it saved

Zabojnik

Pretty bad first half. We need to step on it in the second. Some dangerous situations with terrible ball control from our guys. Hopefully Carrera brought a recording of one of Conte's half-time speeches with him. You know, the ones that actually did happen, unlike Carobbio's.

Also, King Arturo obviously wanted the keeper to save the non-penalty. He is a just ruler. THE KING IN THE NORTH!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom