• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

What happens if your Sheikh gets bored?
People say the same thing about Roman. City are a means to an end for the Sheikh though. They've made Etihad Airlines into a household name and advertise it at the highest level week in and week out. The campus is already paid for and construction has begun...if Mansour did decide to walk away, City are in an immeasurably better spot than before.

It takes a lot more than good facilities to be a good club for developing youth talents.

That's not a dig at City, their plans are wonderful. Just it's misguided to say, because we have these facilities, this is the premier place for youth development.

Look at Barcelona's team now. None of those players came through a spectacularly designed academy (probably an even better one setting tbh, such a shame La Masia is no longer the academy hub). It's the coaching and club ethos which is most important in producing young talents. Facilities help but they aren't even the #1 requirement.

kharma45

People say the same thing about Roman. City are a means to an end for the Sheikh though. They've made Etihad Airlines into a household name and advertise it at the highest level week in and week out. The campus is already paid for and construction has begun...if Mansour did decide to walk away, City are in an immeasurably better spot than before.

You're still making massive losses, without him to write them off you're be bucked.

ElyrionX

Evra is a giant liability in defense (for the third season running) and his attacking runs and crosses have been lackluster. So why are we still playing him?

Meier

You're still making massive losses, without him to write them off you're be bucked.
No doubt that there'd be an exodus of players but that doesn't change the fact the infrastructure would be in place to remain a top club. It's irrelevant though as Mansour is in it for the long haul. The Malaga comparison is invalid given the difference in money spent.

No doubt that there'd be an exodus of players but that doesn't change the fact the infrastructure would be in place to remain a top club. It's irrelevant though as Mansour is in it for the long haul. The Malaga comparison is invalid given the difference in money spent.
Agree it's irrelevant but if he left you'd have to sell so many of your better players to cut the wage bill that City probably wouldn't finish in the top 4.

It would put you behind several clubs.

If Mansour leaves suddenly, City sell all of their players on huge wages as quickly as they can, and hope that a blueprint has been left for them to carry on winning without the resources emjoyed at the moment.

Meier

Wish LOF had Juve. City need to go ahead and capture Jojo while they can. Someone else will if we don't..

Agree it's irrelevant but if he left you'd have to sell so many of your better players to cut the wage bill that City probably wouldn't finish in the top 4.

It would put you behind several clubs.
I agree. We'd be a few years away and it'd be a transition period.

K1LLER7

Also thought Evra was fine today. Put some good crosses in too.

Buttner signing worked a treat.

haha now we need a CM signing :)

Hopefully we can get Carrick back into midfield for the next match. It should help the defensive side of the team. Also Cleverly was pretty good today, he's started the season well

Hopefully we can get Carrick back into midfield for the next match. It should help the defensive side of the team. Also Cleverly was pretty good today, he's started the season well
Yeah Clevaldo was good today. It was great to see him take initiative and pass forwards and even take players on and get some good shots away. Sometimes he plays it too safe, good to see the added urgency.

I didn't like his performance vs Everton. Thought he played it too safe.

Today was a completely different performance. He was in attack mode and it was great to see.

kharma45

Yeah Evans will be back in the team for the next game no doubt about that.

I was so disappointed with De Gea's error today. He's gonna make a few of those still and it's part of the learning process but it was just silly. I feel like I now know he can be good enough so it's frustrating to see him make dumb mistakes like that.

Shot stopping was really good again though.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Not a bad day for my fantasy team.

And a result for Town! First 3 points in the Championship, gerrin.

Soi-Fong

I was so disappointed with De Gea's error today. He's gonna make a few of those still and it's part of the learning process but it was just silly. I feel like I now know he can be good enough so it's frustrating to see him make dumb mistakes like that.

Yup, De Gea pretty much could've cost us today the 3 points, but he also made some good saves to makes sure we got the 3 points.

kharma45

He's still not grasped how to command his area yet, which will always worry me until he does as there is the potential for mistakes like today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom