• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.
What? He was, and it's relevant to today.

You used the word gash to describe him, bit unfortunate. ;)

Welbeck I'm still unsure on, he is only 21 and could still turn out to be good. Hernandez... again, still unsure on him. Seems to have lost his magic first season touch, but still worth having in the squad as I've some faith that he'll find it again.

If I was to be very silly and rank the strikers I'd probably go Aguero > RVP > Rooney > Tevez > Balotelli > Welbeck > Dzeko > Hernandez, with me favouring City at the minute on current form.

Not much to disagree with there, maybe swap Tevez and Rooney but only on recent form obviously.

kharma45

You used the word gash to describe him, bit unfortunate. ;)

2300751-bb56d372_Thats_the_joke.jpeg

Welbeck as LW is surely not going to be a great player. He should move to a different club.

Nope he's pretty shite on the wing but he's still best off staying at United.

LegoArmo

And for some reason Rooney and Van Persie are worse than Tevez and Aguero despite being the top two goalscorers in the Premier League for years. Sure.

City also don't have any "actual" wingers.

kharma45

And for some reason Rooney and Van Persie are worse than Tevez and Aguero despite being the top two goalscorers in the Premier League for years. Sure.

We'll only have one if Nani leaves.

Young doesn't count as he doesn't do what wingers should do and run down the line.

Who said that? Those 4 are hard to split. I'd be uncomfortable to rank them.

And no we have no wingers but since when would our style ever accommodate one? It's fucking Mancini.

Soi-Fong

And no we have no wingers but since when would our style ever accommodate one? It's fucking Mancini.

While I'm getting tired of United's over-reliance on wingers, it's still good to actually have them just to give you width on the pitch and extra space.

While I'm getting tired of United's over-reliance on wingers, it's still good to actually have them just to give you width on the pitch and extra space.

I completely agree man, which is why I'm so annoyed to be losing Johnson. A shocking, shocking decision and one I'm very bitter about.

LegoArmo

I've already said you have the best first 11, but maybe lacking a plan B when the opposing teams crowd the middle. United lacked a plan B when wing play didn't work last season, Kagawa has gone some way to solving that.

I just think United would handle injuries better than City.

Soi-Fong

I've already said you have the best first 11, but maybe lacking a plan B when the opposing teams crowd the middle. United lacked a plan B when wing play didn't work last season, Kagawa has gone some way to solving that.

I just think United would handle injuries better than City.

United has been handling injuries better than any other goddamn PL team so far. It's crazy how we lost our captain last season and still ended up losing only on goal diff. And even so far this season 2 games in, we've done decent considering we only have one true CB fit.

And now, Rooney is out injured as well. Sweet mother... Our luck with injuries..

Soi-Fong

I didn't watch the match, but did United play better with Nani off the pitch?

I'll say the we sorta did. I still say Young is worst than Nani, but Young was "decent" with his crosses and he did get one assist in.

Still as ever, way too reliant on the wingers and Kagawa and RVP did not get enough touches of the ball in the middle. I actually saw Kagawa going way deep at times just to get a touch of the ball.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
XI: (3-5-2) Storari; Bonucci, Marrone, Barzagli; Lichtsteiner, Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio, Asamoah; Giovinco, Vucinic

And if I see Marotta in the game I'm going to kill myself.

Edit: After FT

Balotelli can't be relied on not to get himself sent off and cost City games. Dzeko is barely wanted by his own club. United have more than 4 strikers too, youth players and everything. A foreign concept to most City fans.

campusNight.ashx

You won't be saying that in 10 years time.

And I won't confuse your ignorance of our youth players as thoughtful criticism, so a response is largely unnecessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom