• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

3Sixty

Managerless Blackpool's chances of appointing Nigel Adkins as their next manager are fading, the Blackpool Gazette reports. According to the newspaper, Adkins, sacked by Southampton last week, has yet to return any calls to chairman Karl Oyston.

Looool

Go on Nige.

Arnie

'Get 'em whilst they're hot/relevant!'

Managerless Blackpool's chances of appointing Nigel Adkins as their next manager are fading, the Blackpool Gazette reports. According to the newspaper, Adkins, sacked by Southampton last week, has yet to return any calls to chairman Karl Oyston.

Looool

Go on Nige.

TOP LAD

Oyston's a fucking prick; about time he tasted his own medicine. Cunt.

My personal ITK told me Spaletti will replace Benitez this Summer.

Gazprom internal transfer, huh? I don't know how to feel about a move like this. We've had success with Spalletti so far but it seems like he's been alienating some of the vets on the team this season. On the other hand though, who the fuck would we replace him with?

Edit: Hulk+Spalletti for 60 million. Do it Roman!

Salazar

On the other hand though, who the fuck would we replace him with?

Lolo

Y8g7rld.gif

The best

pappe

Gazprom internal transfer, huh? I don't know how to feel about a move like this. We've had success with Spalletti so far but it seems like he's been alienating some of the vets on the team this season. On the other hand though, who the fuck would we replace him with?

Edit: Hulk+Spalletti for 60 million. Do it Roman!

Perfect man for Chelsea job then.

dc89

Mate just asked me on Facebook if I fancied paying £50 for a game of 11 a side at Deepdale.

He was like, 'It includes a buffet, defo worth it'

I was like, 'I'd rather go paintballing for that price, lad'

Haha £50 a head? PNE are seriously strapped for cash.

Carbonox

"|OT12| NUFC: Les Misérables." is sensational.

I'm waiting for the media to use it as their headline when Newcastle get relegated.

Hixx

"Robin Bairner ‏@RBairner
Alan Pardew must think he's playing Fifa Ultimate Team, and is trying to complete a Ligue1 squad for maximum chemistry. #nufc"

KuGsj.gif

Tremmel? He's a back up keeper and I think it's mostly that Swansea's defense has been good about restricting the quality of chances. Their No 1 is a formerly unremarkable Dutch keeper who became the standout keeper of the year last season.

That said Tremmel really has been quite good

Yeah, I looked it up. All in all he's played some 10 full games.
Though to me it still supports the notion that German keepers are awesome.
When an old, washed out dude who never made it at a first division team in Germany can shine in the EPL then there is certainly some truth to that.

Our keepers should be in greater demand.

Wes

venison crêpe
|OT12| NUFC: Les Misérables.

Do you hear the people sing?
Singing a chant of angry men
It is the music of a people
Who will not be relegated again
When the beating of your heart
Echoes the beating of your club
There are tears about to start
When tomorrow comes

pappe

Yeah, I looked it up. All in all he's played some 10 full games.
Though to me it still supports the notion that German keepers are awesome.
When an old, washed out dude who never made it at a first division team in Germany can shine in the EPL then there is certainly some truth to that.

Our keepers should be in greater demand.

It means that EPL teams have a slightly better defense as compared to defense in first division German teams.

How come has never moved to a bigger club? Always thought he would go to someone bigger but never seems to have left.

He's been at CSKA since he was 4. He loves the club too much to leave. He still gets to compete for championships in Russia and play in the CL on a semi-regular basis so it's not that bad. Although moving to a bigger club would certainly boost his reputation. He's a damn fine keeper, certainly better than the likes of say, Joe Hart.

He's been at CSKA since he was 4. He loves the club too much to leave. He still gets to compete for championships in Russia and play in the CL on a semi-regular basis so it's not that bad. Although moving to a bigger club would certainly boost his reputation. He's a damn fine keeper, certainly better than the likes of say, Joe Hart.

Ah, yeah I guess at least he is staying with the club he loves and showing loyalty. Always thought he'd end up at someone like United though!

He's a beast on FM.

Salazar

Wenger getting properly pissed on for trying to pretend that he was never in for Zaha

Just sign someone you numpty. Throw money.

GorillaJu

Wat? I read that statistic as saves per shots (ratio), the amount of shots allowed had nothing to do with it, no?

"saves-to-shots rate"

Well, I'm not arguing about the quality of German keepers, but good defenses will keep out the clear chances, so the keeper will be saving shots which are easy to save. Remove good defenders, and the chances for attackers become better, and the keeper won't be able to save as many. That's why I think shots to saves ratios are more a determiner of the defense than the goalkeeper.

Anyway I watch almost every Swansea game, and Tremmel has been a surprisingly good shot stopper, not doubting his quality at all. Sometimes a change of scenery is enough for someone to up their level (LETS DO IT COUTINHO)

Well, I'm not arguing about the quality of German keepers, but good defenses will keep out the clear chances, so the keeper will be saving shots which are easy to save. Remove good defenders, and the chances for attackers become better, and the keeper won't be able to save as many. That's why I think shots to saves ratios are more a determiner of the defense than the goalkeeper.

Anyway I watch almost every Swansea game, and Tremmel has been a surprisingly good shot stopper, not doubting his quality at all. Sometimes a change of scenery is enough for someone to up their level (LETS DO IT COUTINHO)

Yeah ok, I can see that.

LETS DO IT, REINA!
(Reina - Valdes swap, lol)

Kyoufu

Okay. French Journo that broke the Mbiwa/Haidara stories says Sissoko has chosen Newcastle. Not sure if now or in Summer.

PLEASE NOW

PLEASE

Zabojnik

I finally saw Django Unchained last night, the soundtrack was incrdible. Especially the last song made me smile so hard:
TRINITY :D

Finally some much deserved international recognition for Elisa. Brilliant singer / songwriter.

It's gone!

Haha, he looks great. He must have heard Conte talking about hitting the reset switch if Pogba's attitude were to change for the worse and decided to get a 'serious' haircut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom