• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

"It was agreed he [Mbiwa] could leave if he found a club he finds interesting, we are not going to cry. His head is not with Montpellier - but it does not matter, he is not irreplaceable," insisted Nicollin in L'Equipe.

"I think his agent has a lot to do with Mapou. If he is an ass, that is not my fault - but I think his agent has much to do with this.

"As for Newcastle, this really is not a good choice - he will re-transfer next year, his move does not bother me."
N6hUr.gif

tumblr is da best

Arnie

lol, "De Gea out!" after he keeps United in a game? British press is so predictable. The pundits are going to be insufferable over the next few months.

Aye.

If you're on the same page as Alan Hansen, you're in trouble.
This is leading in The Times, it's not part of some British press smear campaign, Ferguson quite likely just doesn't rate De Gea as highly as some of us do.

Hate getting up this early. Said to myself that I'm going to go to the gym for a swim before working, but now I'm awake I just can't be fucked. Need some willpower. Going to push myself.

GorillaJu

I don't understand WTF is going on with Mbiwa. I'm gonna play the ignorant card and just assume travel was near impossible due to the weather up there so the medical couldn't be done, with the media doing their usual shite (only a tabloid is reporting that he didn't turn up implying something's off) to stir the pot.

Think you're gonna suffer from a new media narrative about Newcastle being a disorganized mess.

Salazar

This is leading in The Times, it's not part of some British press smear campaign, Ferguson quite likely just doesn't rate De Gea as highly as some of us do.

I'm not saying that it's come out of nowhere.

I'm saying it's unjustified. And very probably amplified by an understandable press delight at United "having a wobble" when we lead the league.

Yen

The Times says* Carragher could leave Liverpool in search of first team football, if he isn't getting a new contract. Seems like he's pressuring B-Rod into giving him a new contract. Needs to retire at the end of the season and become a coach.

*mind you, the quotes in the article is nothing as sensational as the headline.

FootballFan

Hate getting up this early. Said to myself that I'm going to go to the gym for a swim before working, but now I'm awake I just can't be fucked. Need some willpower. Going to push myself.

I will support Manchester United along with Andres if you don't go gym/swim right now.

Hope that is enough motivation.

How does Bruno Alves lives with it? Or is he that good that your ultras don't mess with him?

LOL, Bruno Alves is trash. He's basically Fernando Torres
, only good at defensive headers.

But seriously, the whole racism in Russia thing is overblown. It exists sure, but I wouldn't say that it's significantly worse than in say, Spain. Ol' Bruno himself recently said that he has never had problems with racism in his time in Russia.

Salazar

Aston Villa v Bradford City: Paul Lambert accuses Capital One Cup rivals of disrespect over Wembley taunt

Paul Lambert has accused Bradford City’s stadium announcer of disrespecting Aston Villa by urging supporters to “book their hotel rooms for London” in the wake of their Capital One Cup semi-final first-leg win.

Lambert is urging his struggling side to erase the memories of their lowest ebb this season by using the comments, made by the Rev Paul Deo moments after the final whistle at Valley Parade, as inspiration as they seek to overturn their 3-1 deficit in tonight’s second leg.
Bradford, whose players trained at the Football Association’s St George’s Park yesterday, will go into the sell-out tie backed by 6,500 travelling fans but Lambert is determined to revive the season by guiding Aston Villa to their third visit to the national stadium in three years.
That chastening experience in the first leg will form the basis of Lambert’s team-talk while the post-match comments of Mr Deo are also certain to be mentioned as Villa attempt to clinch a place in the final.

He said: “It’s disrespectful of the guy to do that and football has got a great habit of kicking you somewhere. Maybe you can understand him getting carried away because it was their big moment but we’ll see what happens after the game.

“I won’t need to do much of a team talk, they know already because the first leg was our lowest point of the season. Chelsea was really low obviously because of the beating [Villa lost 8-0], but I think because of what happened and who we were playing – and that’s no disrespect to Bradford – that was really, really low.

lol Villa. Lambert is such a damp bastard.

C'mon Bradford

GorillaJu

Individually I don't see many errors coming from De Gea and he seems to make some fantastic saves every match, but I feel like every time United have dropped points this season, De Gea's dodginess has been front and center for everyone to see. He seems to have chronic miscommunication issues with the defense, with defenders coming in for balls that should be his, or flapping at crosses that he should be leaving to his defenders.

I agree with those of you saying that when you take on a project player, you can't just put them out to pasture when they make mistakes. Ultimately it's because of this that I think Fraugson won't give up on De Gea just yet.

|OT12| Fuck Bayer?

Zabojnik

Llorente finally got moved? Took about two years.

...to Juve? Why?

I'm hoping he'll be our Toni from his best Bayern years. A more mobile and technically gifted version of Luca. We could really benefit from someone of his stature, someone who's good at receiving and shielding the ball up front. Right now we have to rely on Vucinic doing all the dirty work. He's actually pretty great at it, but it does limit him in other areas, like scoring. LLorente-Vucinic could be a nice partnership. If not ... well, at least we're getting him 'for free'.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Angry Cunte is best Conte:

"I’ve heard a little too much criticism this week. Certain people have spoken about a team in crisis because we weren’t able to beat Sampdoria and Parma despite two good performances," Conte said at a press conference.

"I’m perfectly relaxed and focus solely on what we’ve achieved. We’re top of the table, we’re in the Coppa Italia semi-finals for the second year in a row and have made it through to the last 16 of the Champions League."

The 43-year-old then went on to discuss his side's Coppa Italia tie against Lazio, and stressed that the Stadio Olimpico side will not be pushovers.

He said: "We’ll face a strong Lazio side. They’re compact, well-organised and will look to close down space before breaking on the counter-attack.

"However, we’ll be playing with the same objective as ever: to win. I’m perfectly relaxed about this because the lads know exactly what is required of them."

Salazar

what is the origin of Getty images?

Paul Getty (the billionaire) bought the (British) Hulton Archive decades back (Stephen Poliakoff made the excellent television drama Shooting the Past about this acquisition) and a bunch of other image archives. That kicked off a business his son Mark has continued and expanded.

Just immense foresight and financial muscle on Paul's part, really. He picked up (and in some cases, rescued) a bunch of tremendously large and diverse photographic archives and once they managed to resolve all that material into a business model, it was always going to be a winner.

A bit late but I'm not sure that selling de Gea is such a bad idea. That is if Fergie is smart enough to sign Rene Adler then. HSV fans won't like it but Adler is a huge United fan and I can't see him resisting a good United offer. De Gea has all the talent but Adler has already all the class and another good 8 years in him.

fuenf

I finally saw Django Unchained last night, the soundtrack was incrdible. Especially the last song made me smile so hard:
TRINITY :D

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Pint-sized Kiwi? Sold!

-

@LiverpoolGAF

Coutinho “The offer from Liverpool? I’m happy about all of these requests because it means that people like the work I’m doing,” he told Sky Sport Italia.

“But I believe Inter have faith in me and I want to show what I’m worth here.

“We young players – myself, Juan Jesus, Marco Benassi, Daniel Bessa and others – can sense the confidence that the Coach and club have in us.

“All my thoughts are on recovering from injury as soon as possible and coming back.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom