• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soi-Fong

Really hope Nani plays again soon and gets back on form. While I love Valencia, Nani does provide us with more than just crosses since he can make his way into the box and link up with the likes of RVP, Rooney and Kagawa.

Really hope Nani plays again soon and gets back on form. While I love Valencia, Nani does provide us with more than just crosses since he can make his way into the box and link up with the likes of RVP, Rooney and Kagawa.

Why Valencia? Nani will play on the left wing.

Soi-Fong

campusNight.ashx

You won't be saying that in 10 years time.

And I won't confuse your ignorance of our youth players as thoughtful criticism, so a response is largely unnecessary.

Dat oil money...
Edit: Impressive though.

Why Valencia? Nani will play on the left wing.

Oh I mean, the rumor of us losing him. Last thing I want to do rely on Young.

LegoArmo

I kind of don't want to see Rooney and Van Persie in the same starting line up. Am I crazy?

Rooney's touch just isn't good enough to be anything other than a striker. Van Persie's is, I suppose, but definitely not his best position (wing, second striker).

Bo-Locks

campusNight.ashx

You won't be saying that in 10 years time.

And I won't confuse your ignorance of our youth players as thoughtful criticism, so a response is largely unnecessary.

I own three apartments on that picture. I've made a killing on them. When this development goes ahead their value is going to skyrocket. Again. Fuck. Yes.

Thanks, City Sheikhs.

Soi-Fong

I kind of don't want to see Rooney and Van Persie in the same starting line up. Am I crazy?

Rooney's touch just isn't good enough to be anything other than a striker. Van Persie's is, I suppose, but definitely not his best position (wing, second striker).

With Rooney's injury, if RVP and Kagawa (hopefully link up well and both start getting assist's and goals) he'll have a hard time breaking in again especially with the current form he already has.

I know people say that we don't need RVP, but right now with Rooney's form and injury, I am thankful to no end we have RVP.

I must say. Chelsea are sexual this season.

Title contenders? They impress me more than Man United.

Really, no offense, but I was expecting more from Newcastle. You guys were pretty bad on both sides of the pitch barely threatening at times. And as others said here, Hazard just papers over the cracks that Chelsea's team has.

dc89

Balotelli can't be relied on not to get himself sent off and cost City games. Dzeko is barely wanted by his own club. United have more than 4 strikers too, youth players and everything. A foreign concept to most City fans.

Loads of bright talent in the City youth.

Rekik, Razak, Suarez (ask Arnie he will tell you how good this kid is), Wabara, Lopes (16 year old tank who played in pre-season).

And City have been granted rank 1 academy status, one of the first clubs to have that. What it means is we can recruit kids from not just the local area at a young age, but all over. Couple that with the Etihad Campus with it's accommodation, educational facilities and 17 or so pitches I think it's safe to say that City will be THE club to develop yourself at as a young player.

Salvadora

Rekik, Razak, Suarez (ask Arnie he will tell you how good this kid is), Wabara, Lopes (16 year old tank who played in pre-season).

And City have been granted rank 1 academy status, one of the first clubs to have that. What it means is we can recruit kids from not just the local area at a young age, but all over. Couple that with the Etihad Campus with it's accommodation, educational facilities and 17 or so pitches I think it's safe to say that City will be THE club to develop yourself at as a young player.

They'll all just leave.

LegoArmo

I know you have some good talents, just, I doubt many of them will ever see any game time. United seem a lot more willing to take that risk.

Zabojnik

No more rain, fuck yeah! FORZA JUVEEEEE!!!

Meanwhile, FIGC's judges are checking if Conte remembered to bring an umbrella. He couldn't not know.

I think the strongest line up will involve Rooney/RVP + Shinji. If we play a 442 with Rooney and RVP, Shinji should be on the bench. Shinji isn't better on the wings than Nani or Valencia.

They'll all just leave.

In the short term? Yeah. I'd say you're right. But this is a long-term strategy to position City similiar to Barca and slowly inject youth into the side. We never had the resources before to really do this, and the first few years of the Sheik's plan was all about shock and awe and gaining a strong foundation of success. Phase Two begins with the Campus.

bud

haha, it's easy to have talented players in the academy when you have the money to buy all of them. we'll see how many of them will actually develop into full-grown premier league players and first-team players for manchester city.

i seriously doubt most of them will ever make it into city's the starting eleven.

Fry

In the short term? Yeah. I'd say you're right. But this is a long-term strategy to position City similiar to Barca and slowly inject youth into the side. We never had the resources before to really do this, and the first few years of the Sheik's plan was all about shock and awe and gaining a strong foundation of success. Phase Two begins with the Campus.

Hi Kermit :)

Didn't realise it was new thread time already

We'll be halfway through the next come midnight deadline day lol

Mumei are you familiar with transfer deadline day? Basically it's the last day players can be transferred and sky sports news goes mad with excitement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom