• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT13| This title has been fixed

fuenf

couple of more SNL gifs. I figured they could be useful in the future:

Bayern:
5E81eQd.gif

Arsenal:
wouLNOT.gif

tTtGOlq.gif

BAAAYEERN, I'm already getting excited for Tuesday.

United are apparently interested in Son Heung-Min, who plays at Hamburg. Anyone know if he's any good?
Let's try to get things with Shinji right first :p

I managed 11 players, depends on if Demel plays or not though.
Demel has dropped off badly. Seemed a pretty decent choice for the price a while back. Not scored more than 1/2 points for ages.

I will probably keep Michu and Suarez and sell Gerrard.

Arnie

According to Tancredi the fraudster Liverpool, Everton, and Arsenal scouts were watching Ogbonna.

Tim, give me the rundown on this boy.

GorillaJu

Demel has dropped off badly. Seemed a pretty decent choice for the price a while back. Not scored more than 1/2 points for ages.

Yeah. No choice here for me, though, gotta risk it on Demel and hope for the best. Keeping Gerrard, he's been rock solid, points every single week.

Laudrup with a classy interview, as always. One of my favorite players of all time.

Son is another striker isn't he?

We hardly need another one.

He's a wide 4-3-3 type striker. Good player. I still want him at Liverpool, but with Cou and Ince possibly coming it probably won't happen.

K1LLER7

He's good. We were linked with him before January.

Would be pretty similar to J. Heranandez.

Dude is the real fucking deal. Amazed he hasn't moved on a big money transfer yet. I hope United don't get him.

Scored a good goal against Dortmund the other week IIRC.

Can't make much of him through youtube but he looks pretty quick with great control. Apparently £10m could be enough for him. United scouts have been to watch him a couple of times already this season so hopefully we try and go for him.

Chelsea reported to be interested too.

K1LLER7

He'll be ready next season. He needs time to adjust to the PL and get used to how United play.

Play him tomorrow against Reading Fergie!!

Very nice goal. Similar to City's first today with lots of crisp, short passes followed by a tidy finish.

I love a lofted outside boot chip like the one Tevez did. It became a bit of a specialty for me, to the point that I could get it over someone's head and run back onto it. Needs more room than you're afforded in 5-a-side though :(

Ouch at Borini news. Wouldn't be surprised if he left already in the summer. Just has that aura around him that it won't go right for him. 3rd choice striker, 4th choice RW, 1 goal in all comps, 2 bad injuries

United are apparently interested in Son Heung-Min, who plays at Hamburg. Anyone know if he's any good?

Say Nani is gone and Zaha comes in. We have Valencia and Young not exactly setting the place alight and not far off thirty either, a promising youngster fresh from the Championship, Welbeck/Shinji rotating and Giggs on his last legs. Son is versatile, just past twenty, and can play out wide, off the striker, as number nine. I wouldn't be surprised if Fergie signed this guy or another young attacker; he seems pretty intent on building a squad for the future so he can retire with peace of mind.

K1LLER7

Say Nani is gone and Zaha comes in. We have three outright wingers and Welbeck/Shinji rotating. Son is versatile, just past twenty, and can play out wide, off the striker, as number nine. I wouldn't be surprised if Fergie signed this guy or another young attacker; he seems pretty intent on building a squad for the future so he can retire with peace of mind.

We didn't get Lucas/Hazard, both young, quick wingers/attacking Midfielders. I wouldn't be suprised if Fergie's still after that type of player, so maybe Son will be that person.

Splatt

Really? What brings you to this conclusion? Think he'll basically write this season off as bad luck and go for it again next year, personally.

I don't know. Just a feeling based on the season he had, I guess.

Two horrible injuries, and as Hitcher said, he's 3rd/4th choice on striker/wing position. He's also been very unimpressive every time he was on the pitch.

Liverpool just didn't work out for him, IMO.

Timurid

According to Tancredi the fraudster Liverpool, Everton, and Arsenal scouts were watching Ogbonna.

Tim, give me the rundown on this boy.

He is a class Ball playing defender. He was pretty good today in our game against Atalanta. It was his first game back since his hernia surgery. I know that PSG are interested in him too.

GorillaJu

I don't know. Just a feeling based on the season he had, I guess.

Two horrible injuries, and as Hitcher said, he's 3rd/4th choice on striker/wing position. He's also been very unimpressive every time he was on the pitch.

Liverpool just didn't work out for him, IMO.

Rodgers had said earlier on that he didn't plan to make him an instant starter in the PL, but with the summer transfer window going poorly he had to throw him in early. He was supposed to get blooded in in the Europa league and cup fixtures, so I don't think being 3rd choice is something that will worry him on its own. A really bad injury did set him back badly though.

I think we spent too much money on him to drop him right now. He hasn't been impressive, but he's very young and has good quality in him. Can't see us selling him on for more than 5m, so better to keep him and hope he improves.

dc89

@aguerosergiokun said:
Did Ben ask me to score for him again...? Twice! I made good of it, esp. bc he's coming to spend his 4th bday with me. Love you, son!

Ben is going to be a product of the MCFC academy. I can tell.

SAF on Shinji Kagawa said:
"In the first half an hour [in midweek] he was terrific as he kept making these great runs through them, which we thought was going to be one of our biggest assets in the game," Sir Alex explained.

"He was just unlucky that he had a couple of heavy touches on the ball when he made runs past Robin van Persie. He kept opening them up but people don't see that, which is a wee bit unfair, as he did really well for us in the first half."

Sir Alex is convinced the 23-year-old will only begin to show his true colours after having a full season to settle at Old Trafford.

"He's come from an environment that is completely different," he stated. "I think the difference between German football and English football has been shown. In Germany you can't foul. It's foul after foul.

"The Premier League is completely different as there's physical contact in our game and it's different to Germany but, next year, he'll be better."

Frogson is correct about those runs. Pity he faded after the break. And I keep forgetting how young Shinji is.

We didn't get Lucas/Hazard, both young, quick wingers/attacking Midfielders. I wouldn't be suprised if Fergie's still after that type of player, so maybe Son will be that person.

Zaha fills that quota. If Giggs stays on another year - never mind the Nani situation - there's also a decent chance this rumour and the James/Isco simping won't pan out. Besides, Wanyama and Strootman should take up all our transfer spend.

Top Bottom