• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

venison crêpe
Is there a list of all the transfers done per club in the EPL this window thusfar? I want to feel miserable.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Sneijder:"Why I didn't join one of Europe's top 5 clubs? I am no longer one of the top 5 players & nor are Inter among the 5 best clubs!"

Arnie

It's gone!
Conte's well just had a word there.

Was needed, too.
Hulk is still shit. Wonderful.
The drop in form is so strange: to go from being one of the most coveted players in world football, to underperforming against Russian League opposition.
Yeah ok, I can see that.

LETS DO IT, REINA!
(Reina - Valdes swap, lol)

The strangest thing is, Reina's been pants for a while now, and I really do get the feeling that his best days are beyond him. Sure, he's looked solid for a month or so, but the sheer number of mistakes he's made, that have cost us in crucial situations this season and prior is staggering. I'm still under the impression that he should've saved United's second last weekend.

If we signed Ter Stegen I'd be made up. German keepers really are fucking brilliant. Zieler, Ter-Stegen, Adler, Neuer, and Weidenfeller. Puts most other countries to shame.
Okay. French Journo that broke the Mbiwa/Haidara stories says Sissoko has chosen Newcastle. Not sure if now or in Summer.

PLEASE NOW

PLEASE

If he's half as good as the best Sissoko then you've got one hell of a player.

<3 Momo

bjaelke

Just sign someone you numpty. Throw money.
The Gunners are in talks with Barcelona and the Premier League club are hopeful that an agreement can be reached for [David] Villa before the end of the month.

A sticking point has been the Catalan’s £12 million asking price, and Wenger has baulked at the idea of paying that sort of fee for a 31-year old with no re-sale value.
He'll end up recalling B52.

Arnie

Haha never seen this before. Ruud <3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H9pTgQY_mo

Loved those nike kits with the circle around the front facing number.

Reminds me of 2006, before football was ruined by Luis Suarez.
Comfortably one of the best strikers English football has seen.

My god he was good.

Used to hate him. Like, properly hate him. He was the first footballer I actually hated, if I recall.

My mate at primary school asked me how to spell his surname for his new United shirt and I told him to do one. (didn't know, to be honest, but I thought I'd save face and just act moody)

Carbonox

Okay. French Journo that broke the Mbiwa/Haidara stories says Sissoko has chosen Newcastle. Not sure if now or in Summer.

PLEASE NOW

PLEASE

I reckon they will try their darndest to make it happen in this window. We're very weak in central midfield. Our CM's are all tiny. We need some tall ass brute like Sissoko in there.

Zabojnik

0MGW6J3R--473x264.jpg

"Bravo, bravo ... now remove that banana from your head."

Kyoufu

I reckon they will try their darndest to make it happen in this window. We're very weak in central midfield. Our CM's are all tiny. We need some tall ass brute like Sissoko in there.

Agreed. Really need his presence. I really don't think it'll be in the summer because there are too many other clubs willing to pay for him right now so we should be able to pay too...

0MGW6J3R--473x264.jpg

"Bravo, bravo ... now remove that banana from your head."

:lol :lol

Carbonox

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs...umped-motd2-irritating-pundits-111839146.html

Colin Murray has been axed as presenter of MOTD2 and will be replaced by Mark Chapman from the start of next season.

A BBC spokesperson confirmed the news to the Daily Mail, saying: "We'd like to thank Colin for his great contribution to Match of the Day 2 and look forward to him continuing on the show until the end of the current football season. He will continue to play a key role in BBC output."

However, the paper reports that one of the key reasons why Murray was sacked from the role was because he "irritated a number of BBC football pundits".

:lol

The drop in form is so strange: to go from being one of the most coveted players in world football, to underperforming against Russian League opposition.
Well to be fair the defending in the Russian League is actually better than in Portugal :) It's one of the lowest scoring leagues in Europe.

Carbonox

Ter Stegen is the tits. Oodles of potential and sick on FIFA. :lol

In other news, Newcastle are now referred to as Nouveau Chateau FC.

Arnie

Well to be fair the defending in the Russian League is actually better than in Portugal :) It's one of the lowest scoring leagues in Europe.

Fair.

Fucking Murray sacked? The BBC's depressing. He's by far the best presenter they've got available, better than Dan Walker, even, who won't get a look in because Linekar's there pissing about with Lawro and Hansen.

Pat Nevin was brilliant on MOTD2 at the weekend, bet he's ousted by Dion Dublin next week.

Carbonox

Whats going on with Mbiwa Kyoufu?

He's arrived for his medical according to Sky Sports just now. Guess the rumours he couldn't make it yesterday were correct.

In Eurosport's own words:

NOUVEAU CHATEAU: Sky Sports are reporting that Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa has arrived in England to undertake his medical, overseen by Alain Pardeaux.

Salazar

Sami Mokbel &#8207;@SamiMokbel81_DM
Wenger says #AFC were not in for Zaha. So I'm guessing Pat Rice and Steve Rowley were regulars at Selhurst Park for the on-site Sainsbury's

Mokbel is a dick, but zing :lol

Salvadora

Sami Mokbel &#8207;@SamiMokbel81_DM
Wenger says #AFC were not in for Zaha. So I'm guessing Pat Rice and Steve Rowley were regulars at Selhurst Park for the on-site Sainsbury's

Mokbel is a dick, but zing :lol

All he said was he didn't make a bid, correct? Last week he confirmed he was interested in him.

Bumhead

Banned
Fair.

Fucking Murray sacked? The BBC's depressing. He's by far the best presenter they've got available, better than Dan Walker, even, who won't get a look in because Linekar's there pissing about with Lawro and Hansen.

Pat Nevin was brilliant on MOTD2 at the weekend, bet he's ousted by Dion Dublin next week.

Murray must have done something to upset the old boys golf weekend.

Pat Nevin's a dick though. I absorb most of my non-second division football through 5 Live and he routinely talks absolute fucking bull shine on there.

Hixx

Well, Mbiwa is considered as one of the best of his generation of defenders.

He'll be sold to Man United/City/Barcelona/Real Madrid in a year or two.

Book it.

Mbiwa is good but is shit at passing and takes ages to settle

I bought him on FM12 for Spurs so I know my SHIT ok

Arnie

Pat Nevin's a dick though. I absorb most of my non-second division football through 5 Live and he routinely talks absolute fucking bull shine on there.

This seems really strange, to me.

My only exposure to Nevin is MOTD, and his time at Channel 5 doing the Uefa Cup, and from that I regard him as one of the better pundits; a ring below Neville-level. Perhaps he scales with the football, or you just clash with his personality, but I think he's far more insightful and brutal with his opinions than the anemic shite that is Lawro, Hansen, Dublin, Keown, Crooks, Claridge, and Owen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom