• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

France sales update: PS4 2.15 million, Wii U 742K, Xbox One 715K

Ansatz

You really think Xbox One numbers are high?

Or are you? (jk)

Idk, I guess year over year it shows PS4 is accelerating but just comparing their LTD: 2.1m vs 700k they are kinda closer than I'd expect.

I'm thinking about the typical CoD / Fifa / GTA multiplat gamer and question why they'd go with XBO over PS4. I suppose there's the enthusiasts who own both systems and people who prefer MS' 1st party titles.

Isn't France one of the countries where Nintendo does disproportionately well? I've always thought it was, but I may be wrong on that front.

Maybe you like the controller better? The exclusives? The online capabilities? The price? There are plenty of reasons going with Xbox One over PS4, depending on what person you are.
From our perspective, sure. From the mass market's perspective, well, you see the numbers.

Isn't France one of the countries where Nintendo does disproportionately well? I've always thought it was, but I may be wrong on that front.
Yeah, I think that would be fair to say.

Atolm

I wanna see data for Spain. Last I heard, PS4|XBO ratio was something like 9:1 and even the Vita was outselling it easily.

AniHawk

Let's find Xbone sales...

US 11.1m
UK < 2.5m
DE 0.6m
FR 0.71m
JP 0.06m

Total: ~14.9m

are there any other huge regions missing? i can't imagine italy + spain + australia amounts to a lot. i can see where the xb1 does upwards of 25-30m in the us before the end of the gen, but 50m worldwide looks tough.

iMkh

Neo Member
TV and Sports :)

Not as much as in the US given the fact that every home (or almost every home) here have already a smart/connected TV box and no matter the ISP you subscribed to (they all have one).

It's a shame for MS. They really worked on these features but not many people really have a use for it here.

simplayer

are there any other huge regions missing? i can't imagine italy + spain + australia amounts to a lot. i can see where the xb1 does upwards of 25-30m in the us before the end of the gen, but 50m worldwide looks tough.

Canada should be around a tenth of what the US number is, so that's a decent size for the XB1 (compared to the European numbers).

ethomaz

Banned
No other report for 2015 sales yet.

There are old data for Spain, Australia and others.

Cananda is one of the big (> DE/FR) left I guess.

I remember Microsoft made an incentive where Xbox players could give out discounts for other people when they wanted to buy an Xbox One. You could have like a 50€ discount or even more than 100€ (the discount varies according to their achievement score).

TheJoRu

From our perspective, sure. From the mass market's perspective, well, you see the numbers.

Sure, I see them. I can't possibly say what the mass market's perspective is, it's different for everyone I imagine, but it's clear that Sony has marketed PS4 really well from day one, building upon an already strong brand, and made a very solid, desirable product. This does not mean that it is unquestionably the best product, nor that there are few or no reasons to choose a less popular product. So since the poster I was quoting was asking I gave him/her a few arguments some buyers may have considered.

Raylan

Banned
France sales update: PS4 2.15 million, Wii U 742K, Xbox One 715K

lYIDspn.jpg

RibMan

With the (obvious) exception of the UK, the Wii U seems to have a small lead over the X1 in EU. Is this correct?

Let's find Xbone sales...

US 11.1m
UK < 2.5m
DE 0.6m
FR 0.71m
JP 0.06m

Total: ~14.9m

Excellent. Thanks for the numbers.

Ansatz

What were you expecting? Either way, I do not think the divide is anything to scoff at. It is big.

Maybe I'm still in pre launch 2013 mode when HD twin gamers in my friend circles debated over which system they should collectively buy and PS4 won the arguments by a landslide. It's true MS has now rectified stuff like Kinect increasing the price and their anti consumer practices, but imo they caused irreversible damage.

The perception I have is that Sony is the default choice between the two and you'd have to find a very good argument to convince yourself of going with XBO over PS4, something like getting a significantly better deal or if you vastly prefer MS' 1st party games.

Moonstone

I remember Microsoft made an incentive where Xbox players could give out discounts for other people when they wanted to buy an Xbox One. You could have like a 50&#8364; discount or even more than 100&#8364; (the discount varies according to their achievement score).

It was the gamerscore deal and it was up to 150&#8364; discount. But that was germany only - as far as I know. Not available in france. They did this deal also twice. There were some threads here - think there was also a trick to use the score twice.

It was the gamerscore deal and it was up to 150€ discount. But that was germany only - as far as I know. Not available in france. They did this deal also twice. There were some threads here - think there was also a trick to use the score twice.

Yep that's it, MS also did it in France. I remember seeing this a lot on my Twitter feed.

allan-bh

Xbox One is doing better than 360 in France:

X360 LTD at the end of 2007: 579k
XOne LTD at the end of 2015: 715k

That's a 23.5% improvement. PS4 big sales makes Xbox One numbers seems worse than really is.

Chastten

Banned
This should really put things into perspective for those USA folks who keep saying Xbox One 'is doing fine'. It's 'doing fine' in the USA and 'sorta doing ok in the UK', in the rest of the world it's just as dead as the Wii U is.

EthanC

Banned
This should really put things into perspective for those USA folks who keep saying Xbox One 'is doing fine'. It's 'doing fine' in the USA and 'sorta doing ok in the UK', in the rest of the world it's just as dead as the Wii U is.

It's funny that it has to be repeated that the Wii U was out a year longer. In some places where the Xbox launched late, it was out even longer. So no, not as dead.

gtj1092

That's a 23.5% improvement. PS4 big sales makes Xbox One numbers seems worse than really is.

How much is the difference is from the first 6 months?

allan-bh

How much is the difference is from the first 6 months?

I don't have numbers for first 6 months, but these are annual sales:

X360

2005- 81k
2006- 239k
2007- 259k

XOne

2013- 126k
2014- 290k
2015- 298k

Xbox One did better than X360 in all years.

Elandyll

Banned

But the 360 had supply problems that the XB1 didn't have for its first year.
The third year on the market will tell the tale, but I suspect that the XB1 is already selling under the 360 on most markets (including US when looking outside of the Holidays).

"Dead" is so easily used term. Especially when we don't have any numbers for most countries in EU for example. Yes, sales aren't millions in most countries but still add up. I would love to see sales of every country, sales gap must be hugely in favor for PS4.

Chastten

Banned
It's funny that it has to be repeated that the Wii U was out a year longer. In some places where the Xbox launched late, it was out even longer. So no, not as dead.

Fair enough. So it's basically on life support waiting for the plug to be pulled.

Just pulled this from the website of one of the largest Dutch game stores - the top 10 is basically always PS4 territory. Occasionally a new Nintendo release or Xone multiplat might make it in at one of the lower spots but that's it.

Raist

Banned

MS shipped 0.5M for the whole of Europe for the 360's first quarter.

TheAssist

lol good one

now do it for the uk, spain, russia and all other euro countries!

PeregrinSe7en 8)

Hmm another one who signs his posts. Did a 15 year old forum just close down and everyone is searching for a new home?

I mean if you really want to do it, its fine. But I find it kinda irritating and annoying to be honest. There is a reason GAF doesnt use that stuff.

Top Bottom