• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RuPaul's Drag Race Season 9 |OT| The Largest Cross-Dressing Convention of All Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

That lip syncs was bullshit, Valentina should have been able to keep the mask on. There has been queens dancing around not knowing the words winning , with the other girl lip syncing perfectly and them losing.

Although the most disqualifying thing, it wasn't just not knowing the words that made Valentina's lipsync terrible. She didn't know the words, AND she was pretty much dancing in one place doing the mama's had a little too much sangria dancing.

Masked Man

I said wow
That lip syncs was bullshit, Valentina should have been able to keep the mask on. There has been queens dancing around not knowing the words winning , with the other girl lip syncing perfectly and them losing.

Really? When? (No shade—I genuinely can't remember.) I stan pretty hard for Valentina, but even she admitted she fucked up. :/

She would have lost to Nina even with the mask on the way she was lip syncing before Ru even stopped the music. Valentina was in her own head and it sabotaged herself. Repeat "watermelon" over and over if you have to. Sell the lip sync.

After watching it, this was all on her. Ru stopped the fucking lipsync for fuck sake and literally spelt it out for her. How many queens got a do over that late in the game? She let herself down, that was 100% on on her.

Razmos

JMOUBkH.jpg

She would have lost to Nina even with the mask on the way she was lip syncing before Ru even stopped the music. Valentina was in her own head and it sabotaged herself. Repeat "watermelon" over and over if you have to. Sell the lip sync.
Yup. Had she not done the shitty mask thing, she could've either
  1. turned the lip sync OUT depsite not knowing the words - the editing may have been kind to her since the lip sync was obviously Valentina's to lose and she just needed to be "fine" to win
  2. turned the lip sync out but broken down in tears at the end, said some inner saboteur shit to get ru to be sympathetic and had a stay of execution (probably a double safe)
She completely killed her own chances by leaving the mask on and talking back. Nobody cares about the unpolished make-up, Ru was rooting for her and would've forgiven a lot.

I feel like she killed her chances by not trying or preparing. There's no way she could have won the lip sync knowing as little of the song as she did. Watermelon-cantaloupe can only take you so far.

I feel like she killed her chances by not trying or preparing. There's no way she could have won the lip sync knowing as little of the song as she did. Watermelon-cantaloupe can only take you so far.
nina had been in the bottom or bottom 2 for weeks, valentina was consistently in the top. nina had already lip synced once, valentina had not. they absolutely would've worked around her not knowing the words if she'd just tried, they've done shady editing with the lip syncs before. (see: all stars 2, we have literally no idea what happened in most of them because they didn't bother showing katya whenever she was on stage)

nina had been in the bottom or bottom 2 for weeks, valentina was consistently in the top. nina had already lip synced once, valentina had not. they absolutely would've worked around her not knowing the words if she'd just tried, they've done shady editing with the lip syncs before. (see: all stars 2, we have literally no idea what happened in most of them because they didn't bother showing katya whenever she was on stage)

I guess she fucked up so bad that they couldn't salvage a save. Lol

I don't think she should have gone home so soon but there's no way she shouldn't have been eliminated after all that

Adaren

I actually like the idea of a queen lip syncing with a mask on, and compensating for it by turning it out extra hard with her body/eyes. Valentina wasn't doing that, unfortunately.

Poor girl. Hope it doesn't haunt her too badly.

HowZatOZ

Banned
I saw her at Charlie's in Las Vegas a few weeks into the season. Valentina can lip sync.
Well whatever that was it ain't lip syncing.

Nina will be gone next episode. I was rooting for her from the start because she is honestly the most talented with a brush and imagination but she is way too far into her head. Girl has clear mental health issues and should be receiving the help she needs to combat that because it is a fucking dark place.

I guess she fucked up so bad that they couldn't salvage a save. Lol

I don't think she should have gone home so soon but there's no way she shouldn't have been eliminated after all that
oh no, i totally agree, with the way valentina handled that ru couldn't NOT send her home. she had to go.

i just mean if she had even tried... like done a "fine" lip sync she would probably still be here.

Shizuka

I know the fanbase will run the show into the ground, but UNHhhh is more amusing lately than this season's Drag Race.

Yado

imo unhhh isn't as funny as it used to be. The editing is what made the show shine to begin with but it's getting to be a bit too heavy handed.

Shizuka

imo unhhh isn't as funny as it used to be. The editing is what made the show shine to begin with but it's getting to be a bit too heavy handed.

That, I agree with. The editing was getting really heavy, but it's been toned down a little.

Unhhh still destroys almost every other WOWPresents show. They'd better be working to get Trinity her own show, her YouTube videos are really candid and funny.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
that cannot be nina bonina osama bin laden brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom