• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

Milchjon

Tried to book a camper in Canada today.

"Sorry, fully booked. Canada's really in demand this year, no one wants to go to the US anymore."

Congratulations Murica, you played yourself.

Tried to book a camper in Canada today.

"Sorry, fully booked. Canada's really in demand this year, no one wants to go to the US anymore."

Congratulations Murica, you played yourself.

You can come visit me in LA, weather is a little hot right now though so you might want to bring extra sun block.

bionic77

Who's ready to become a Big Baller tonight?
I am not sure anyone is actually ready for the Ball era that is set to begin tonight. There are somethings in life you just can't prepare for, you can only hope to experience or be a part of them and then thank whatever power you believe in that you were able to be a part of history.

Just like that Mario trailer. No one was ready for that but we are all better people (with some exceptions made for the BGs of the world) for having experienced it.

Hindl

Man Mariota is going to be so good. If only a team had been able to trade up for him.
If they traded up for him he wouldn't have a team around him. Imagine the 2015 Eagles OL protecting Mariota, and you've just traded away your best defensive player along with multiple future picks.

gutshot

If they traded up for him he wouldn't have a team around him. Imagine the 2015 Eagles OL protecting Mariota, and you've just traded away your best defensive player along with multiple future picks.

And he would have had to learn a whole new offensive system last year.

Beach

What's this hear about a 125 million deal for Carr? That's a bit much, isn't it?
It will be overtaken by the next QB up for extension and the next QB after that.
Yea it's worth it. He is the franchise. The team is literally hot garbage without him.
$125 Mil is a deal for him on and off the field

Hindl

Eh, fair enough I guess. Just seems like a lot, but I guess with QBs around the lead crippling their teams to get paid it makes sense.
Eh, 6 years at $125M is roughly $21M a year. With the cap currently at nearly $170M and only rising, a $21M a year QB only takes up around 13% of the cap. Seems fair for a franchise QB. QB salaries have been getting big, yes, but the salary cap has been getting bigger
Edit: Even 5 at 125 is still only 15% of the cap

Nafai1123

Banned
I am ready for 5+ years of AFC West domination led by our lord and savior, the $125 million dollar Carr. Finally Fresno will claim it's rightful spot next to Modena as a world renown sports Carr building town.

Furyous

Hello friends, got a funeral today. Shit is rough.

Keep your head up and stay safe out here.

Derek Carr is a paid man. His deal looks great right now with $40 million guaranteed at signing. Five years and 125 million is a great deal. It's not the Tom Brady value but maybe he'll grow into the deal with stellar pro bowl and super bowl performances.

Are men's romper outfits acceptable in the office for work in summer?

No, I'm reporting you to HR for misconduct wearing inappropriate work clothing.

I will take the better player and figure out the rest.

And he would have had to learn a whole new offensive system last year.

If Chip had gotten him I think things work out very differently, he lets Chip run way more of his offense and maybe that helps get Murray going and Chip is still here and howie is long gone and dougie never gets hired. Man what a wonderful dream that is.

Hindl

The Superbowl winning Saints? Sounds good to me.
The Super Bowl winning Saints from years ago that then spent the next decade on the outside looking in and have gone 7-9 the last three seasons while having one of the greatest QBs of all time. And the Eagles' roster post-Mariota trade would be modern Saints tier, not 2010 Saints tier

The Super Bowl winning Saints from years ago that then spent the next decade on the outside looking in and have gone 7-9 the last three seasons while having one of the greatest QBs of all time. And the Eagles' roster post-Mariota trade would be modern Saints tier, not 2010 Saints tier

Good thing the Eagles kept this stacked roster together then, what was their record last year again?

Top Bottom