• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2014 Fighting Game Tournament of the Year July 11th - 13th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cody_D165

Banned
ighljy0ejkExG.gif

yeah I'm just gonna go ahead and quote this again

kinda confused here...
If you don't subscribe you don't get to watch evo on srk streams or is it only for just emotes and HD stream?

Really wish Evo finals weren't on the same day as the goddamn World Cup final this year. Ugh.
I'll have World Cup on TV, EVO on laptop... I'm ready.

Do you think we get any unknown/surprised characters in top 8 of any game. Example when Infil used Hakan last year in AE. I'm hoping for someone to use
El Fuerte or T Hawk
in top 8

OceanBlue

Is it really right to say the #1 ranked arcade player in Japan is a wild card?
Daigo is #1 though. :<

Edit: Oh, but I definitely agree that he isn't a wild card. He's probably one of the players who most expect to make top 8. IMO the wild cards are players like Xiaohai and Latif, who are definitely good enough to make it to top 8 but haven't really received as much attention compared to the Japanese and American star players.

zoobzone

If I buy subscription for 1 channel.

Do I get the benefits on other EVO channels as well? What about the Capcom Fighters channel?

i should free after 4 pm on friday after going 0-2 in ultra. down for a meet up or casuals.

Dude, their are so many players their that someone of your derp level can't possibly go 0-2. My month 1 Evil Ryu from EVO 2011 managed to go 2-2 and I'm proably 1/10th of the player then that I am now. Their will be a lot of bad players there so their is no way you will go 0-2. I would bet money on it not happening.

Dude, their are so many players their that someone of your derp level can't possibly go 0-2. My month 1 Evil Ryu from EVO 2011 managed to go 2-2 and I'm proably 1/10th of the player then that I am now. Their will be a lot of bad players there so their is no way you will go 0-2. I would bet money on it not happening.

ibuki is bottom 5 in this game :l

ibuki is bottom 5 in this game :l

I have a friend who lives in Vegas is a button masher, SF (being his first real SF game so no real footsie or FG background), Can't do 1frame - links, don't even know about frame data, and enter for funsy (because he's a Vegas local), and somehow went 1-2.

You really have 0 excuse!

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Can't make it to EVO once again =/ (working overnight shift this weekend)

Haven't tuned in for many FGC events this year because of work craziness but looking forward to this weekend for sure

Noaloha

Time to bust out the monopoly monies!
ibpGX4t7NPOMM5.jpg

I remember one EVO thread which devolved into a bunch of Spiderman.jpg spam. I can't remember why we were spamming spidie meme pics though. I guess someone's MvC3 team?

rCIZZLE

Time to bust out the monopoly monies!
http://i.minus.com/ibpGX4t7NPOMM5.jpg[IMG]

I remember one EVO thread which devolved into a bunch of Spiderman.jpg spam. I can't remember why we were spamming spidie meme pics though. I guess someone's MvC3 team?[/QUOTE]

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENKtkWuXbdA[/url]

Pretty sure it was evo 2012 with mame spider and his clutch spiderman.

Zapages

The world cup and Evo the same weekend. So much Hype!!! :) Can't wait. It sucks that i have to teach in the morning at 8 am ARGHH!!!

Noaloha

Yup! MameSpider it was, thanks. Jeez, I was a drunken bodyclock-fucked mess that weekend. Friday to Monday, waking up at 3pm and staying awake until 9-10am for the Salty Suites. There'll be a toddler in the house this year, so I need to be responsible and shit, no partyharding. Guess I'll have to splash for the subscription if I want access to archives (though it's hardly comparable to watching live with a Gaf thread exploding alongside it).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom