• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Speculation: Did Capcom sneak in MHXX Switch footage in a video earlier?

Spotted by creamsuger in the other thread. Apparently in the Fire Emblem costume trailer, there was a couple seconds of what seemed to be HD footage of MHXX at the very start, and this vid was uploaded only back on March 1st:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BmMaQ8GC8g

(Edit: Uploaded 480p resized versions instead. Click each for the original 1080p grabs.)

Most curious. Wonder if the actual game will look like this, or better. Looks very MH3U Wii U to me which is what I expected.

wrowa

I wouldn't read too much into it considering they also showed HD footage of MH Stories all the time. Likely just recorded in their development environment.

I don't expect the Switch version to look much different, though. Would be nice if they put a bit more effort into it - because this looks frankly kinda awful - but I don't expect Capcom to do more than the bare minimum.

ryechu

Doubt it. Textures and mapping was more substantially improved in Wii U version of mh3u comprared to the 3ds version. They do these bullshots a lot for their trailers. IDK why they would use the Switch version to illustrate some random DLC.

Top Bottom