• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

bebop242

You really think the Cubs will win one game out of 8? Technically possible, but highly unlikely.

Last weekend's Cubs brewers series the Cubs were down Russell, arrieta and Contreras. Long as they don't get into another of their streaky offensive ruts, a 1-8 run is a long shot.

Of course its a long shot, just the way the Cubs like to shit the bed after a hot streak this season and 2 four game series on the road against the 2 teams chasing them, I'm just not ready to count the Cards out totally.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
AL West Champions!

FUCK YEAH

HOUSTON ASTROS AL WEST DIVISION CHAMPIONS
Fuck yea.
It's been so long since we won a division I had to say it out loud.

Houston Astros, Division Champs.

YAY-YAH~

Kjs16Ll.gif

Thank you, Verlander, WHOO
Yea I was a sophomore in HS.

Verlander was great again today.

zulux21

so you have a 26 year old player who finally had their break out season having a 4+ WAR season and hitting
he won't be a free agent until 2020.

your team isn't expected to seriously compete again until 2019, but even then 2020 is likely the better time frame to have a competitive team.

do you.

A. Trade the player away hoping to gain a near MLB ready level talent that is ideally on par with him that will ideally be there for when your team comes together.

B. Hope your team comes together more quickly than expected and if it doesn't trade him mid season.

C. reward the player with a contract extension locking him up beyond 2020 since he is only 26?

the major question being of course... is this a fluke season, or did it finally click for him.
https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/g/garciav01.shtml

I mean I watched him for a long time, and he was clearly in better shape this season and his swing looks nicer, so I am leaning towards the production being legit. But how well can you sell on one season of production like he has had?

Friggz

so you have a 26 year old player who finally had their break out season having a 4+ WAR season and hitting

he won't be a free agent until 2020.

your team isn't expected to seriously compete again until 2019, but even then 2020 is likely the better time frame to have a competitive team.

do you.

A. Trade the player away hoping to gain a near MLB ready level talent that is ideally on par with him that will ideally be there for when your team comes together.

B. Hope your team comes together more quickly than expected and if it doesn't trade him mid season.

C. reward the player with a contract extension locking him up beyond 2020 since he is only 26?

the major question being of course... is this a fluke season, or did it finally click for him.
https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/g/garciav01.shtml

I mean I watched him for a long time, and he was clearly in better shape this season and his swing looks nicer, so I am leaning towards the production being legit. But how well can you sell on one season of production like he has had?

his walk rate is 5% (down from last year) and he has a 400 babip. if chicago can get something for him, id 100% sell high on him. Hes a corner outfielder with not much power.

boxter432

Twins are too streaky. Score in the teens and hit multiple homers every few games and then somehow they are unable to hit fucking Jamie Garcia (note: he's terrible)

boxter432

Lol at the "Keep Walking Yankees" sign behind home plate with Betances pitching (hit batter and 4 pitch walk so far)
Edit: final line: .1 IP, two walks, 1 hbp, 1 wild pitch, only out was a sac bunt. Bases loaded for mauer... he did hit a granny yesterday...
Pathetic. Meatballs down the middle, sac fly should have been in the bag. twins cower at the big bad yankee stadium again.

mjp2417

Banned
At least Chapman is unfucked. Girardi needs to stop throwing Betances out there in high leverage situations until he figures his shit out.

nnex

Neo Member
11th loss in 12 tries for the Buccos and only 15 runs in those losses. All the TOOTBLANs you could ever want though...

There's a very real chance we end the season in the cellar at this point. -_-

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Lol at the "Keep Walking Yankees" sign behind home plate with Betances pitching (hit batter and 4 pitch walk so far)
Edit: final line: .1 IP, two walks, 1 hbp, 1 wild pitch, only out was a sac bunt. Bases loaded for mauer... he did hit a granny yesterday...
Pathetic. Meatballs down the middle, sac fly should have been in the bag. twins cower at the big bad yankee stadium again.
102 mph "meatballs" are still hard to hit. I'm a hell of a lot more upset at Santana's wild pitches. *shrug*

Sitting behind the Dbacks bullpen at Petco. Rodney just showed up in the bottom of the 6th.

Archie Bradley has way too much energy. Dude hasn't sat down all game. Making jokes, pumping peeps up, what a solid dude.

And Mike Fetters runs a tight ship in the bullpen.

It's so weird, where did all the Blue Jays fans go? 🤔🤔🤔

I was told that they're very diehard, real fans.

Malo

Banned
"But did you know the Dodgers no longer hold the No. 2 run-differential spot in the sport? It’s true. That distinction now belongs to the Yankees, who entered play Monday having outscored the opposition by 62 runs (191 runs scored, 129 runs allowed) since August 14. And following last night’s victory over Minnesota, New York has now won 20 of their last 31 games."

"You could make the argument that the Yankees are the second-best team in baseball. You could also make the argument that they’ve been the unluckiest, underperforming their expected record by nine wins according to BaseRuns, the worst mark in the majors."

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/no-one-will-want-to-face-these-yankees/
If they were even average in one run games, they'd be leading the division.

3N16MA

Banned
Does every AL East bullpen (outside of the Yankees) crumble against the Red Sox? Seems like teams are blowing big leads against them every few games.

3N16MA

Banned
"But did you know the Dodgers no longer hold the No. 2 run-differential spot in the sport? It’s true. That distinction now belongs to the Yankees, who entered play Monday having outscored the opposition by 62 runs (191 runs scored, 129 runs allowed) since August 14. And following last night’s victory over Minnesota, New York has now won 20 of their last 31 games."

"You could make the argument that the Yankees are the second-best team in baseball. You could also make the argument that they’ve been the unluckiest, underperforming their expected record by nine wins according to BaseRuns, the worst mark in the majors."

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/no-one-will-want-to-face-these-yankees/
If they were even average in one run games, they'd be leading the division.

Yanks just need to get in and anything can happen. Good enough to make a deep run.

I think those who were doubting are starting to come around.

Sephzilla

The final two weeks of the season are going to be pretty exciting if you're a Brewers fan. A four game series versus the Cubs coming up in Milwaukee plus a three game series to end the season against the Cardinals. Milwaukee can absolutely steal the division at the very end here as long as they don't slip up against the Pirates or Reds along the way.

I don't think I see the Rockies slipping up and losing that final Wild Card spot though, they got kind of a weak schedule going to the finish with the exception of the Dodgers as their season finale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom