• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington has committed suicide

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Man, I REALLY liked Hybrid Theory. That was a big album for me when I was a kid.

RIP

MCN

Banned
FUCK!

Chester always came across as a genuinely good guy, and he was one hell of a singer.

RIP Chester.

Poppy

guhhhh this sucks, as lame as it may be in retrospect (which who even cares) LP was music that got me through some of those early teenage times of wanting to die every day, this is a real kick in the teeth man...

Damn.
LP was more or less dominant in my early college years.
I even have a signed vinyl of Meteora.

RIP
Sometimes it's hard to keep fighting those demons

BFIB

Today would have been Cornell's 53rd birthday. Wonder if it all became too much. He did so much to help those coping with Cornell's suicide.

That's horrifying. Have been a huge fan of theirs over the years, especially during my angsty teenage years when I first saw them debut-ish at Ozzfest. Hits home.

This is awful. I genuinely really loved LP as a kid/teenager and even as an adult have enjoyed listening to their stuff. Chester had a great voice.

G0523

I'm not seeing this anywhere else besides TMZ. And apparently, there was a suicide hoax about him a couple of days ago? Can anyone else confirm?

Metalmarc

What the actual fuck, no way, i wasnt much into Linkin Park recently but liked their first album way back and the transformers songs

RIP :(

This is horrible news. I listened to them non-stop when I was younger, and i still liked listening to them today. Chester was great.

Top Bottom