• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington has committed suicide

What the fuck.

Thoughts with his family.

This is so bizzare. My friend saw them at Brixton a few weeks ago and had a great time, got a Meet n Greet too and said they were all nice and personable. Damn : /

Hektor

Haven't really enjoyed their music anymore, but LP was a big freakin' part of my teenagers

Rest in Peace my man

Man, this sucks, I love Linken Park and the way they kept trying new styles with their albums. Sucks that so many people only have a stereotyped image of them that's completely stuck in the 90s. That must have been extremely frustrating creatively.

Grizzo

Whether you liked his music or not, this guy and his band were a huge part of the early noughties. Linkin Park were pop culture icons and some of their singles were great pop punk anthems.

I never knew he had experienced such awful things in his life... This is a really tragic news.

RIP.

Dinokill

I feel like shit. Linkin park were huge part of my childhood in middle school and higschool back in 2000-2001. After minutes to midnight didn't care about them. I even bought a ticket for the upcoming tour to relieve my childhood. Fuck

Nodnol

RIP.

Hybrid Theory was such a great album.

Talk to each other girls and guys. You never know who you might help.

Ridley327

RIP. I've never been much of a fan of Linkin Park, but considering I was in high school when Hybrid Theory came out, it could not be doubted how massive they were and how well they were able to adapt to changing tastes in music once nu metal was starting to fall out of fashion. Knowing how much he idolized Chris Cornell and how easy it was to tell how much he influenced his own vocal styling, I can't even imagine the kind of pain he's been having to bear with Cornell's own suicide mixing in with his own long-term depression.

Ristifer

Wow, this is awful. I grew up with Linkin Park and their albums. Still have some awesome memories during those days with their music. This is terrible news.

R.I.P.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
RIP
Hybrid Theory was the first album I ever brought. I'm sad but strangely not too surprised. I pray for his family.

NimbusD

Fucking Christ. Rip. Fucking sucks especially knowing all the stupid backlash for their recent music.

Their stuff was a huge part of my formative years, fuck even my mom dig their songs. Thanks for that Chester. Fuck.

Hydrus

Man this really sucks. Everyone loses. His family, his friends, fans etc... I hate to say it, but Linkin park might be finished as a band now too :(

Ourobolus

Banned
Holy shit

RIP - I remember listening to these guys a bunch in high school. While I've not been a fan too much of their later stuff they always seemed like decent guys at least

Top Bottom