• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington has committed suicide

kAmui-

Holy shit. Their music basically defined my taste in music during my childhood/teens. LP is one of my all time favourite bands. Terrible terrible news :(

Wurst

Holy shit. Saw him at a Festival last month for the First time and he was in such a great mood. Stood in the crowd and tried on lots of different hats while he sang...

I'm shocked. RIP.

jonno394

Shit, at one point I really liked Linkin Park and listened to their stuff all the time through my teens, not listened to their stuff in years though. RIP

LakeEarth

Well that's three artists I've seen live that died young by self-inflicted means. This is getting depressing, to say the least.

RIP.

Oidisco

Oh damn, that's horrible. Linkin Park was the 1st band I ever saw live and while I haven't listened to them in about 10 years, I still appreciated their music.

He was very close with Chris Cornell and his family, so I wouldn't be surprised if Chris's suicide played a role in this.

God damn I'm sitting here crying. This is hitting me incredibly hard. Linkin Park were such a big part of my life growing up. I didn't love their newer stuff but man, this is a massive loss.

Fuck this sucks :( I used to be a HUGE fan in middle school/high school and have many fond memories of jamming out to Hybrid Theory/Meteora with friends while playing Crash Bash and CTR.

RIP Chester

zulux21

Should've stayed, were there signs, I ignored?
Can I help you, not to hurt, anymore?
We saw brilliance, when the world, was asleep
There are things that we can have, but can't keep

If they say
Who cares if one more light goes out?
In a sky of a million stars
It flickers, flickers
Who cares when someone's time runs out?
If a moment is all we are
We're quicker, quicker
Well I do

The reminders pull the floor from your feet
In the kitchen, one more chair than you need oh
And you're angry, and you should be, it's not fair
Just 'cause you can't see it, doesn't mean it, isn't there

If they say
It flickers, flickers
We're quicker, quicker
Well I do

It flickers, flickers
We're quicker, quicker
Well I do
Well I do

also this is super depressing to look at
s9Pvmfc.png

I am really hoping TMZ is wrong right now, but I can't recall a time that they have reported a fake death.

NotLiquid

This is happening one week before they were about to embark on the American leg of their tour. Fucking hell... to commit suicide at such a specific time, he must have been in a terrible place.

ElRenoRaven

Damn. Sorry to hear that news. Mental health is nothing to screw with. Let this remind folks. If you need help then get it. Please. Suicide is never the answer.

Top Bottom