• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington has committed suicide

God damn I'm sitting here crying. This is hitting me incredibly hard. Linkin Park were such a big part of my life growing up. I didn't love their newer stuff but man, this is a massive loss.

Right there with you. Linkin Park, and a lot of bands from the era, got me into heavier music in general, ultimately shaping my tastes and inspiring me to pick up an instrument. My head is spinning right now.

FinKL

RIP, I just saw him on TV on one of Comedy Central or a Netflix standup special where they had Comedians perform for a few minutes and then the comedian performs a song. One of the female comedians loved Chester in high school so she chose to sing a Linkin Park song and Chester came out to help her

:(

As much shit as it gets now; I actually hated rock music before Nu Metal, and Linkin Park was among one of the first bands I actually listened to. Even though my music taste has changed much since then; they actually made me give a genre of music I would of never typically listened to a chance.

RIP Chester.

Strakt

Have listened to all their albums.. still cant believe this. Listening to the new song "One More Light" hits me right in the feels.

Media

From what I recall him and Chris we're extremely close. He was even God father to his kids. The fact that he did this on Chris's birthday...it tore him up bad.

I feel for his family, friends, and bandmates. I won't lie and say I never enjoyed their music.

RIP

They were such good friends...

C8Ec5eH.jpg

I feel sorry for the families affected by this.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Wow...their first two albums were on constant replay for me in high schools. Absolutely crushed.

Cornell and Chester. Just wow. What an awful 2 months for rock.

nicolajNN

No, no, no. Fuck.

RIP

Linkin Park has been my favourite band since I was like 12, they were the first band I really fell in love with, and they've played a huge part in shaping taste in music. This is ugh, hard to find words for.

BigAl1992

I really hope that turns out to be false, but if it's true, then we've lost another talent in Rock.

RIP Chester. I'll be listening to a few tunes from Hybrid Theory and Meteora tonight.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
WTF...

I haven't listened to Linkin Park in years but Hybrid/Meteora were huge for me. Thank you Chester. I hope you are at peace.

Leunam

For all the flack Crawling got it's still the only Linkin Park song I listen to regularly. What a shame to see it end like this.

What a shame. I know I'm not alone in that Hybrid Theory was a cornerstone album when I was a teen. I still like to listen to it and Meteora from time to time. Rest in peace, Chester.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
jesus RIP.

LP gets lot of shit (what band doesnt I guess), but I loved those first 2 (maybe 3) albums

Chester and Mark Wahlberg were regulars at a local gym I used to go to in Palos Verdes (ironically, given Marky Mark's history, the owner of the gym is Vietnamese). I'm sure the gym's community will be shocked by the news, as Chester has collaborated with the gym in many local charity events in Palos Verdes and Torrance throughout the years. RIP.

As much shit as it gets now; I actually hated rock music before Nu Metal, and Linkin Park was among one of the first bands I actually listened to. Even though my music taste has changed much since then; they actually made me give a genre of music I would of never typically listened to a chance.

RIP Chester.

Same. Now I like all rock music, but that was not the case before them

Depression is such s terrible thing to experience. You can look completely ok outwardly to people but be completely destroyed mentally.

Top Bottom