• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Linkin Park singer Chester Bennington has committed suicide

Holy shit, this has got to be a hell of a time for Soundgarden and Linkin Park. RIP. I listened to their music back in middle school and I still listen to some of it today. My girlfriend and I actually got tickets to go see them next month.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Holy shit....wasn't a fan of their late material but I did love the band early on

RIP

robertoci

I don't think a celebrity death has stunned me as much as this one has, just saw them a couple of weeks ago in what was one of my favourite concerts of all time.

This guy was a part of the soundtrack to my childhood and I will forever be grateful.

RIP :(

Wow this hits hard. He was a fellow Phoenix kid and played in a band Grey Daze before he did Linkin Park.

I met him a few times at some house parties when I played with a punk band in high school always was pleasant and awesome.

Rip awful.

All those times ppl were making fun of the songs being EMO when in reality the guy may have actually been pouring his heart out.

Turin

Banned
Wow! Rest in peace, man.

Linkin Park seemed to have consistently been the go to band for kids looking for an intense emotional release for a long time.

Ivan 3414

When it comes to celebrities, TMZ has better sources and information than the FBI and CIA.

RIP Chester

Yep there isn't any legitimate reason to doubt TMZ when it comes to celebrity news. They were the very first source to report MJ's death in 2009, and they've almost always nailed celeb news since then. They are made up of shitstains but they've earned their stripes.

studyguy

There was literally no way to escape Linkin Park during the highschool era of the early 2000's. Jesus fuck man this is nuts.

Holy shit. I've said my piece about recent Linkin Park albums but I have been a life long fan and this is... unbelievable.

It was always so clear that he was struggling, if only he had reached out and gotten proper help before getting this low. Mental health is serious - if you are struggling, please, get the help you need. People care, and you can't take yourself away from them or the world at large.

Horrible horrible news

I can't imagine how much what happened with Chris Cornell affected him. They were good friends, and he sang at Cornell's funeral

Today would have been Cornell's 53rd birthday too

Kino_

I'm only 20, so Hybrid Theory was the first album that I remember listening to. It's the album that got me into music really, the album that introduced me to the power and significance of it. My older brother bought the cassette for our old stereo back then, and I remember rocking out to the whole thing on repeat as a 4-5 year old. Obviously I never grasped the "angsty" lyrics at that age, but I was drawn to the rap/rock fusion and the singer's angry delivery. Chester and Mike were the first musicians I knew - they were essential figures in my childhood.

I'm sure he's in a better place. My condolences to his family.

Tall4Life

I feel bad for how much I've dogged on them over the years, calling them "emo-bait"... It obviously came from a very real place. Feel absolutely awful.

RIP.

Linkin Park seemed to have consistently been the go to band for kids looking for an intense emotional release for a long time.

This is so true. People liked to tease / make fun of them for their "angsty" lyrics but so many young people, myself included, related so much to many of those lyrics. LP has had a huge impact on so many lives.

Top Bottom