• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |SepOct17| 1 + 1 = YEAH!

cntr

Banned
13484426.gif

177ea5026e9682bdc035bea8dc61dd09.jpg
Yup.

Moaradin

I started reading it, but I might just watch the anime instead once that's done. It seemed pretty good. Hajime no Ippo but with ballroom dancing.

caliph95

500 dollar fine for littering, yep it's definitely Singapore

Also I love even though Polnareff was attacked, Abdul knows the guy intentionally provoke people to attack so he can curse them and he's alone and late

It never comes to their mind to go check up on him just in case

What great teammates

Also if Joseph doesn't need to smash a camera was he just being a dick to Jotaro

Moaradin

It just seems like dancing would be a better fit in an anime format, especially with how much music is involved. I only read a few chapters of the manga, but I remember having a hard time following along with some of those scenes.

I can't speak for how good of an adaption the anime is, but the talent behind it is definitely promising.

Grexeno

It just seems like dancing would be a better fit in an anime format, especially with how much music is involved. I only read a few chapters of the manga, but I remember having a hard time following along on some of those scenes.

I can't speak for how good of an adaption the anime is, but the talent behind it is definitely promising.
It has to be animated well in motion. Unfortunately, anime.

cntr

Banned
I get what you mean, but, honestly, I have pretty little faith in anime as a whole at this point. Talent or otherwise. And what I'm seeing from this adaptation doesn't inspire much confidence.

cntr

Banned
Aisha's kind of weird since she oscillates between anime trope catgirl and, like, actual cat-person. Outlaw Star's had a bunch of weird hybrid stuff like that so far, it's interesting.

BlastCore

Banned
I'm a bit confused with Soul Sacrifice. Was the doll also part of his stand or were they two different users attacking Polnareff at once. And if so how did SS end up all mangled in the bathroom?

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I'm a bit confused with Soul Sacrifice. Was the doll also part of his stand or were they two different users attacking Polnareff at once. And if so how did SS end up all mangled in the bathroom?

Damage done to a stand transfers to whoever it belongs to. So when Star Platinum punches a stand a hundred times in a few seconds that all gets reflected onto the stand user. Same for Silver Chariot cutting the puppet to pieces.

Edit: There are going to be many exceptions to this rule.

Aisha's kind of weird since she oscillates between anime trope catgirl and, like, actual cat-person. Outlaw Star's had a bunch of weird hybrid stuff like that so far, it's interesting.
Just a reminder that there are are shit ton of animal people in Escaflowne.

I believe Outlaw Star is the series you show to people who ask "What's anime?"

Not to be confused with the other Anime: The Anime (Akame Ga Kill).

caliph95

I assume he or his blood just posses something to attack whoever he has a grudge on and the item acts like a Stand so whatever damage he has transfers to him

cntr

Banned
Early stands are kind of vague since Araki was figuring out how they work.

In this case, Ebony Devil activates when Devo/Soul Sacrifice gets hurt, and the anger he feels over getting hurt is transferred to a doll, which then starts attacking the target. Chucky logic, in other words. And since the doll is bound to Devo, it transfers damage to him.

Not spoilers but mainly relevant to future parts:
That last bit becomes a bit weird later, because almost all "remote stands" don't transfer damage to the user. So Ebony Devil becomes a retroactive exception to the rule.

caliph95

Code:
[img]http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/061/503/29b.png[/img]
Menacing / ゴゴゴゴ - Steven Universe! Once again you have been watching me!

Early stands are kind of vague since Araki was figuring out how they work.

In this case, Ebony Devil activates when Devo/Soul Sacrifice gets hurt, and the anger he feels over getting hurt is transferred to a doll, which then starts attacking the target. Chucky logic, in other words. And since the doll is bound to Devo, it transfers damage to him.

Not spoilers but mainly relevant to future parts:
That last bit becomes a bit weird later, because almost all "remote stands" don't transfer damage to the user. So Ebony Devil becomes a retroactive exception to the rule.
You and me both know Stands are never hyper consistent in future parts.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
CN has been showing the original Teen Titans a lot lately. Is there any particular reason for this other that the huge popularity of TT Go?

CN has been showing the original Teen Titans a lot lately. Is there any particular reason for this other that the huge popularity of TT Go?

I can't imagine they would revive it or anything. Probably just because TT Go is popular.

Also, I remembered that new Star Trek series is tonight.

I wonder if we'll see a young Janeway? You know, probably committing some terrible deed.

Top Bottom