• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Advertiser Pulls Ads From Sean Hannity’s Fox News Show

ElRenoRaven

People want to believe the former, but when you actually look at the past of Sean Hannity, I think it's very possible that he's just cracked and gone full Alex Jones, because he can't handle that his Network is going through some big changes and that with the right in so much power so many things are still going wrong. Dude really is, I think, legitimately unstable.

I agree. Hannity was always a bit unhinged even back in the days where the show was Hannity and Colmes. That's when I actually watched cause watching Alan put Sean in his place was fun. After Colmes left though you could see Hannity becoming more and more unhinged over time. At this point I think he really has cracked and gone full nutcase. He can't fathom why so many hate the republican party and Trump more so and as a result he can't handle it. He's not alone. Political radicalization has driven a lot of people off the deep end.

I want him out as much as the next guy but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

These thing have predictable patterns. Even Fox News knows that.

But, to make things into a friendly wager for the honor of having called it, I say he'll be out by Sunday. This flaming train is set for rock bottom, and nothing stops this train.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
How hard is it to just... act normal. (At least "normal" by Fox News standards.) Is this part of some brand strategy to appeal to hardcore conspiracy people, or is Sean Hannity having a genuine personal and professional breakdown right now?

With literally every major news organization posting new details on the scandals happening in this administration hourly, he has to figure out some way to divert attention given his role in elevating these scumbags for years...and well it can be pretty tough apparently.

Hannity chose to go crazy and drag a murdered body and the mourning family through the mud along with him.

I dunno, once the advertisers started going, O'Reilly was gone pretty quick, and he was way bigger than Hannity.

Also, anyone have a list of Hannity advertisers? Because since this is obviously happening now, I'm going to be sending some e-mails out to anyone who applies to me and tell them I'll be canceling or not buy whatever.

Yeah but Oreilly was ousted after something like 50 advertisers pulled their ads. So far with Hannity its been only 1 and for a less damning reason (conspiracy theories VS decades worth of sexual harrasment claims). Unfortunately pundits at Fox repeating unfounded conspiracies are not uncommon. Thats why I wouldnt be so sure Hannity is going to get kicked out.

Yeah but Oreilly was ousted after something like 50 advertisers pulled their ads. So far with Hannity its been only 1 and for a less damning reason (conspiracy theories VS decades worth of sexual harrasment claims). Unfortunately pundits at Fox repeating unfounded conspiracies are not uncommon. Thats why I wouldnt be so sure Hannity is going to get kicked out.

Lol, people were saying literally the exact same thing with O'Reilly. It's only X amount of advertisers, but the number grew slowly. It's possible that this is all that happens, but generally speaking, this kind of stuff is more coordinated than it looks.

Kthulhu

The corporate undermining of Fox News gives me hope that at least some of the elite in this country understand how dangerous the direction we've been heading in is. They're taking action to change things and I congratulate them for it.

I'm gonna crush that hope now. This is simply a company wanting to distance itself from him because they think being associated with him will hurt them.

MIMIC

Banned
I started watching Hannity last week. It felt like a real shit show. It was so shitty, that I tuned in the next day.

So....is he normally boring and reserved? xD

Cuburt

Knew it was just a matter of time after the WaPo article by from Seth Rich's parents and Hannity refusing to stop.

All this over the Seth Rich story? Seems like a rather arbitrary thing to pull the plug on in the grand scheme of Fox News awfulness.

All this over the Seth Rich story? Seems like a rather arbitrary thing to pull the plug on in the grand scheme of Fox News awfulness.

Pushing a debunk conspiracy theory on a national news network even after the parents of Rich called out for it to stop is arbitrary?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
The corporate undermining of Fox News gives me hope that at least some of the elite in this country understand how dangerous the direction we've been heading in is. They're taking action to change things and I congratulate them for it.

Yep, I just hope they don't go signing people like Tomi Lahren, Milo and the like to fill these spots.

We shall see.

There is a difference between the general shittiness of Fox News and literally promoting a conspiracy theory about a recent murder using someone who forged documents from said dead person

gatling

tenor.gif

Seriously, so whats next? Re branding? After the damage they've done I can't say I want things to look up for them unless its a 180.

Cuburt

I'm gonna crush that hope now. This is simply a company wanting to distance itself from him because they think being associated with him will hurt them.
It may not be a move motivated purely by ethics but it can still be encouraging to see advertisers deciding any potential market for certain behavior and messages are still fringe and potentially damaging to their brand.

Especially at a time when the GOP has total control over the governmental branches, it can be another part to checks and balances. I'll take all the checks and balances I can get at this point.

Kahoona

Wasn't Hannity rumored to be wanting out at Fox? Could this just be a deliberate way to get them to fire him and force them to pay his severance package?

TS-08

Poor Hannity....

Keep them coming.

I think this is the beginning of the end, then. Once multiple advertisers start pulling out, it begins to avalanche. The remaining companies don't want the scrutiny to be intensified on them individually, or for people to start asking why they stayed when everyone else left.

Shoeless

Is it possible for Fox to get funded entirely by Republican interests interested in owning a propaganda mouthpiece? Or can they not function without advertising sponsorship?

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Wasn't Hannity rumored to be wanting out at Fox? Could this just be a deliberate way to get them to fire him and force them to pay his severance package?
He has been acting so insane that many believe that might be his plan.

Is it possible for Fox to get funded entirely by Republican interests interested in owning a propaganda mouthpiece? Or can they not function without advertising sponsorship?

Running a 24/7 news network would basically drain whatever source(s) this would come from. So, you would either need to restructure the network, or you need advertisers.

Kilau

murdoch kids just need one tiny reason to oust another conservative from the network and then fox news totally changes.

Tomi "I am going to help white people stand up to black people " Lahren?

Yep. She's been on several mainstream shows and showed restraint. She's just like Kelly. She knows how to put on a facade while keeping the shit just visible enough. If she gets called up, she will. Mark it.

Top Bottom