• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrasslin Discussion: Week of May 22th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloodwake

Outcast2004 said:
HBK's knee's been nagging him for quite sometime actually. But this is mostly storyline so he can do the run-in save for HHH at Vengeance.

*sarcasm*SO COMPLETELY UNEXPECTED!!!*sarcasm*

Michaels is (or at least WAS) supposed to become a part time attraction at some point after Mania.

I still don't think this was a work.

When I saw that chair shot to the knee, it looked off. But then again, I might be wrong.

Bloodwake said:
I still don't think this was a work.

When I saw that chair shot to the knee, it looked off. But then again, I might be wrong.

It's a work.

They've said before that he's had nagging knee problems. (That's why he wear the baggy pants now, to cover up the knee brace he now wears.)

Think about it for a second, isn't this the perfect titme for him to go missing for a couple weeks so he can make the miraculous save for HHH when he's geting shit stomped by the Spirit Squad? Thus setting up the 5 on 2 match at Vengeance.

DMczaf

"WWE has trademarked the term "King Booker" to use for storylines involving Booker T winning the 2006 King of the Ring."

BookerofKings.gif

DMczaf said:
"WWE has trademarked the term "King Booker" to use for storylines involving Booker T winning the 2006 King of the Ring."

BookerofKings.gif

DM I swear to god, I want this as a avatar.

can you resize it in Avatar Form size?

DMczaf

More DX updates

"-- The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that there has definitely been talk of reforming DX within WWE for a while now, consisting of HHH, Michaels, and another wrestler they are hoping to get over with fans through his association with DX."

hbksuckit6ti.gif

The “fight” between Booker T and Batista reported on WWE.com is said to be a complete work, and is going to be used to promote SummerSlam somehow. Everyone backstage is being told it was legit, but most know by now that it was just a work.

Who got laughed at by saying this was a work again? :lol

Nameless

DMczaf said:
More DX updates

"-- The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that there has definitely been talk of reforming DX within WWE for a while now, consisting of HHH, Michaels, and another wrestler they are hoping to get over with fans through his association with DX."

hbksuckit6ti.gif

punkrohchamp8ep.jpg

The Main Event said:
Who got laughed at by saying this was a work again? :lol

That would be me.

BTW, Impact time...but I'm getting some bizarre effect on Spike. Almost liek the V-hold needs to be checked. It's the only channel that's fucked up....naturally.

DM: I've sent the mods the details on our "Shawn Michaels Allowanace Program" proposal and disappointingly i have yet to hear a reply. It may be time to introduce Plan B...

Matlock

Banned
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20060514/capt.adc5b9aa44a34f2dbc28f462f7316311.spurs_mavericks_basketball_txrh104.jpg[/img\

[QUOTE=Ninja Scooter]Evinkay Ashnay?[/QUOTE]

Nameless

Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
CM Punk sucks.

Punk is a much better all around wrestler than Joe is, not to mention Joe would never stand a chance with Maria. So Punk FTW!

Anyway on the subject on DX's thrid member. Its someone they hope to get over, meaning they havn't debut yet, or aren't over as a face or singles wrestler. Punk or Johnny Nitro are my two predictions. LMFAO it will probably be someone disappointing like Garrison err..Lance Cade.

Kenobi

DMczaf said:
More DX updates

hbksuckit6ti.gif

I think the WWE should focus on getting DX over FIRST and FOREMOST. Shawn Michaels and Triple H are not the same two that they once were during that time. Someone's gotta give HBK some coke and pills before that can happen, otherwise I foresee a Jesus fish with a DX symbol on top of it as their new logo.

Nameless

Kenobi said:
I think the WWE should focus on getting DX over FIRST and FOREMOST. Shawn Michaels and Triple H are not the same two that they once were during that time. Someone's gotta give HBK some coke and pills before that can happen, otherwise I foresee a Jesus fish with a DX symbol on top of it as their new logo.

HBK and HHH are arguably the two most over guys on the entire roster along with Angle and The Undertaker, DX will be over as hell from the start, and until they dissolve. History has proven that factions headed by a maineventer or two are a good way to get younger talent over. How many guys did the Horsemen put over? Look how HHH's career suddenly skyrocketed once he was paired with HBK--the top guy in the company at the time. Orton and Batista went on to win World titles thanks to their association with HHH and Flair in Evolution. They have an oppurtunity to pretty much instantly put a young guy over as an upper-midcarder or maineventer for the rest of his career--or atleast give him a damn good start.

Kenobi

Nameless said:
HBK and HHH are arguably the two most over guys on the entire roster along with Angle and The Undertaker, DX will be over as hell from the start, and until they dissolve. History has proven that factions headed by a maineventer or two are a good way to get younger talent over. How many guys did the Horsemen put over? Look how HHH's career suddenly skyrocketed once he was paired with HBK--the top guy in the company at the time. Orton and Batista went on to win World titles thanks to their association with HHH and Flair in Evolution. They have an oppurtunity to pretty much instantly put a young guy over as an upper-midcarder or maineventer for the rest of his career--or atleast give him a damn good start.

Well, I guess, the point I was trying to make was that it won't be the same =(

Nameless

I guess we'll see...

Oh and LMFAO the Sci-Fi Channel Purist vs. ECW fans debating thats going on over at the Sci fi channel boards.:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Kenobi

I still think its rather strange how Sci Fi network has Extreme Championship Wrestling. It's a bit bizzare to me, like the time they aired Braveheart. Is Sci Fi trying to steer away from "just" being sci fi?

Nameless

With the right advertising i don't think it will matter. People scratched their heads when the WWE was moving to "The Nashville Network", but it worked out. I actually don't think it would be a bad idea to turn Sci-Fi into an "Action Network" or a "Guy Network" to compete with Spike TV. Women have Lifetime, Oxygen, and Hallmark..So another guy station would even things up a bit.

Kenobi

Nameless said:
With the right advertising i don't think it will matter. People scratched their heads when the WWE was moving to "The Nashville Network", but it worked out. I actually don't think it would be a bad idea to turn Sci-Fi into an "Action Network" or a "Guy Network" to compete with Spike TV. Women have Lifetime, Oxygen, and Hallmark..So another guy station would even things up a bit.

Yeah, but remember they changed their name right after to "The National Network" and then of course, Spike TV. So does this mean the Sci Fi network is going to be renamed "The Extreme Network"? I foresee it!

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
DX can't be the same. Not with HBK anyway, if he has any conviction in his beliefs I doubt it can go in the same direction. Might just end up being a tag team with a familiar entrance song.

As far as ECW, taping right before or after Smackdown is just nutty. Going into this, ECW is splitting from WWE because they are pissed about getting screwed and no respect. Looks like they are setting them up as heels, atleast on WWE TV. So how is the crowd supposed to react when they are at a WWE taping and ECW comes out? Got are they going to explain the big fist? Maybe Paul will 'buy' time on WWE TV, who knows but I gather they will be explaining it some way. In any event, this will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Kenobi

dskillzhtown said:
As far as ECW, taping right before or after Smackdown is just nutty. Going into this, ECW is splitting from WWE because they are pissed about getting screwed and no respect. Looks like they are setting them up as heels, atleast on WWE TV. So how is the crowd supposed to react when they are at a WWE taping and ECW comes out? Got are they going to explain the big fist? Maybe Paul will 'buy' time on WWE TV, who knows but I gather they will be explaining it some way. In any event, this will be interesting to see how this plays out.

From what I remember reading there are plans to take that stuff down, or at least making it so its easier and give ECW that boxing style look with heavy lights and things like that...so I guess the fist will come down!

Kenobi said:
From what I remember reading there are plans to take that stuff down, or at least making it so its easier and give ECW that boxing style look with heavy lights and things like that...so I guess the fist will come down!

Guess we'll find out in a couple weeks.

But that set is a btich to take down and put up and I'm sure they couldn't do it quickly in the course of a taping. Remember, there is still a real-time feed (which you can pull down if you have a satellite dish) of the show as it's happening so it has to be kept on a tight schedule.

If they were SMART, they'd limit ECW to small venues in secondary cities using the same film crew to save money. Do it earlier n the day and he go do the Smackdown tapings one city over.

Having ECW tape AT Smackdown just seems like a stupid move.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
I've been out of town the last two Mondays, and from what I've read, they appear to have been very good shows.

God damnit.

DMczaf

Eminem said:
I've been out of town the last two Mondays, and from what I've read, they appear to have been very good shows.

God damnit.

Yup, and now with your return we will have to sit through a 20 minute Chris Masters promo this Monday. GO AWAY!

Rabid Wolverine said:
Why the fuck does Mark Henry have
Rappers singing his entrance

Thosands of voices shout in agony, the WWE are going to keep him?!
"I SAID IT'S HARD OUT THERE FOR A 450-POUND WEIGHTLIFTER!!!"

Three Six representing in the HIIZZZ-OOOUUUUUUU!!!!

Nameless

Source: WWE.com

-- WWE have today announced the release of Orlando Jordan. Below is the official word:

"World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of WWE Superstar Orlando Jordan. WWE wishes him all the best in his future endeavors."

lol..goodbye Juice,

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Rabid Wolverine said:
Why the fuck does Mark Henry have
Rappers singing his entrance

Because the WWE has a new CD out and they are on it. Ice-T did the same thing at Wrestlemania.

OJ won't be missed.

I always wondered what they saw in him.

My wife could'nt help but laugh at him every time she saw him. She's make a Buckwheat comment every time
"Dat shit is ..... OHHHHHHHHH TAY!" All the while making the hand gesture that he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom