• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VG24/7: Patrick Garrett just made a mockery of VG24/7 (and himself)

https://www.vg247.com/2016/03/17/do...tion-vr-just-made-a-mockery-of-vive-and-rift/

My favorite part....
There is this...
And Rift. I mean, come on. It’s the same deal, albeit slightly less severe. Only 4Gb of RAM needed here, dad. Did you buy that Nvidia GTX 970 I told you about? No? Can’t think why.

Then this...

Many of my peers instantly pre-ordered PSVR because it’s cheap. They didn’t with Vive and Rift. £350’s fine, especially when you already have the base unit – the PS4, and probably the camera – so, assuming you have a job or you’re a bumbling middle-class student wanking your way through college on mummy’s infinite chequebook, it really isn’t that much of an ask. It’s a week of skiing lessons, Tarquin. Yes, dear. Of course you can.

Aren't most GTX970's cheaper than the PSVR?

misc-jackie-chan-l1.png

tfur

Planet PlayStation just made the games VR competition smell like a bag of dicks. And bags of dicks stink.

Who in their right mind does this in an article?
Fire this clown.

When mentioning costs throughout the article the writer randomly flip flops from Pound to Dollar to Euro.

What a really weird article lol

DMczaf

Planet PlayStation just made the games VR competition smell like a bag of dicks. And bags of dicks stink.

I'm more shocked an editor looked at this and went "Yup. This is good. This is DAMN good! Let's run it!"

Edit: Wait...HE IS THE EDITOR!?

Kindekuma

Banned
VR is expensive either way.

Think about it: You pay $399 for a PS4, $399 for the PSVR, PS Camera for $60. $858 USD before taxes (unless you live in a sales tax free state), that price isn't including PSN+ and the games that support it. That's a massive investment to many for new tech such as consumer VR. Doesn't matter what platform you are on when it comes to VR right now, everyone is an early adopter to this. This article is just embarrassing.

Bronx-Man

Banned
This sounds like something Jim Sterling would say off the top of his head as a parody of how awful games journalism is.

Xbob42

Banned
I did enjoy one of the comments.

"Does your sphincter ever actually unclench?"

I'd hate to see what this guy does to people he sees driving expensive cars.

Sky Saw

Banned
VR is expensive either way.

Think about it: You pay $399 for a PS4, $399 for the PSVR, PS Camera for $60. $858 USD before taxes (unless you live in a sales tax free state), that price isn't including PSN+ and the games that support it. That's a massive investment to many for new tech such as consumer VR. Doesn't matter what platform you are on when it comes to VR right now, everyone is an early adopter to this. This article is just embarrassing.

Yup.

I used a DK2 and while it was great, I think i'll wait a few years until the prices come down and the technology improves.

Peterc

Sony does have to most chance where vr can fail.

Occlusion is much better and Pc is also more powerfull.

Not that I want Sony to fail in Vr. But to be realistic, games where you need to move your camera with your controller isn't playable. You automatically will get motion sickness. Beside that you have people that get motion sickness for all games using Vr.

Remember 3ds?

Games where you only need to turn your view with the headset will work. I've a dk2 for 2years and played technolust. So I'm talking about experience

PC does have allot of other things beside gaming, that's why it will work on pc.

Imagine you have kids sitting in your seat with the helmet on, no social contact... I think people will use it for 2 months like wii.

I hope of course they can prove me wrong...

Top Bottom