• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2007 MLB Thread - The quest for another .500 champion

Status
Not open for further replies.

jman2050

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

http://sports.espn.go.com/minorlbb/news/story?id=2898132

Mike Murray, the announcer for the independent league's Reno Silver Sox, was ejected Thursday night between the seventh and eighth innings of Reno's 6-5 loss to the Chico Outlaws at Peccole Park.

Home plate umpire Tyler Ramsey tossed him and ordered the P.A. system shut down after Murray played a sound bite of a Bob Uecker line from the 1989 movie "Major League" -- "Personally, I think we got hosed on that call" -- following a close call against the home team at first base.

After reviewing the ejection report, GBL Commissioner Kevin Outcalt determined the appropriate disciplinary action would be for Murray to work the first inning of Friday night's game between the two teams as the third base umpire.

rc213

Damn 2 of the 3 geezers Nomar and Kent mailing it in today. BOOO!

Why is Nomar still in the 3 hole, Damn it Little!!!

NomarTyme

rc213 said:
Damn 2 of the 3 geezers Nomar and Kent mailing it in today. BOOO!

Why is Nomar still in the 3 hole, Damn it Little!!!
How can you question Little batting lineup! Nomar has lots of power! He has 1 hr, so thats a really scary power hitter.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Matrix said:
Berkman is losing it mentally :\
Did you see the call he got called out on? It was complete bullshit shoulder high.
And then the umpire throws him out as garner is taking him back to the dugout? Wtf is that shit.

Also its bullshit he shouldnt get 2 games for going back on the field, it should be 1 game just like Joe Girardi got last year, not that he was fairly thrown out in that game either.

Mrbob

Soriano is hitting. Pie is hitting. The whole team is swinging the bats well. The Cubs pitching starting staff is still doing great. Since the brawl to end them all a week ago the Cubs are 4-1. Here come the Cubs! :D

_Angelus_

Banned
The Frankman said:
Also good to see Valentin back, but Mets lose Endy for 4-6 weeks. Ricky Ledee is back ... ugh. No timetable on Alou's return. Green may be back by next week.

Oh hell:(

I've been behind with Mets news,I didn't know Chavez is going to be out for this long. Thats gonna hurt the bench so bad. And Newhan looks dead at the plate. Moses Franco needs to get it going as well. Valentin-awesome to have the old man back. If he can be a role player like he's known to be then thats cool,but the fanboy in me is hoping he starts hitting homers left and right like he did last year.

Btw-is easly hurt? I heard he was sitting out the game because of soreness to a knee I believe? Hope its not for too long,but then again Valentin is back so he can only strengthen the bench. Unless we play him in left like we did last month.:lol

Link

The Autumn Wind
Good win tonight. About time we get back on track. All these injuries are really starting to hurt us.

And wouldn't you know it? The Phillies sweep us only to go on to get beat by the Royals. Crazy, I tells ya.

rc213

Donde esta la offense! I was just joking about losing 1-0 earlier but it looks like it could happen. Having guys on 2nd with no outs twice and not being able to score 1 damn run is pathetic. PUTA MADRE LITTLE!

Great Padres tie their game, Say hello to 3.5 back. WEEEEE!!!

R_GILL

I'm tanking for Kabanov!
Stairs!!??!

It was 1 - 0 when I was watching it in the bar, get home see it is 1 - 2 than next pitch Stairs hits a home run.

rc213

Wow X 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000!

D0000000000000000000000000MED!

Rusty or Not 100%? I'm praying it's just rust because if Saito goes down the Dodgers bullpen will implode.

NomarTyme

rc213 said:
Wow X 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000!

D0000000000000000000000000MED!

Rusty or Not 100%? I'm praying it's just rust because if Saito goes down the Dodgers bullpen will implode.
I think is just rust, he had Stairs but he just left over the plate.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
"Roger Clemens' anticipated arrival was acknowledged in the asphalt of the players' parking lot on Friday, where workers had dutifully painted over Carl Pavano's No. 45 and replaced it with the Rocket's No. 22."

rc213

Look at that, Another ERROR by old man Kent. Sheesh!!! Are you ****ing kidding me, They didn't give Kent an error on that ****ing play. Unbelievable!!!

rc213

This has got to be the worst fielding team the Dodgers have ever put on the field. Which is sadder when you see they only have 1 rookie out there at 3rd. Come on, Just go 1-2-3 and end the fans misery quickly please. Padres lost, Too bad it doesn't matter to these losers.

rc213

150fs324740.png

OH MY ****ING GOD!!!!!!!!!!

SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET!

Tamanon

Banned
The Devil Rays struck out 13 Marlins, but walked 11. They had three relievers combine for an ERA of 43.20 -- yes, 43.20 -- in their first 1 2-3 innings of work, before the team turned to infielder Josh Wilson to throw a scoreless eighth inning.

Not bad, considering he hadn't pitched since high school.

Wha wha wha? An infielder was asked to pitch relief in the Devil Rays game? And did the best of all the bullpen:lol :lol

rc213

Argh! ****ing High Speed chase on KCAL9 HD, I want my damn Sports Central! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

rc213

Holy crap what happened to the Giants today.

SAN FRANCISCO RIGHT FIELDER FRED LEWIS LEFT THE GAME AFTER ONE INNING WITH AN UNDISCLOSED INJURY.
SAN FRANCISCO RIGHT FIELDER FRED LEWIS LEFT THE GAME AFTER ONE INNING DUE TO A RIGHT OBLIQUE STRAIN.
SAN FRANCISCO CATCHER BENGIE MOLINA LEFT THE GAME IN THE TOP OF THE FIFTH INNING DUE TO AN APPARENT LEFT ARM INJURY.
SAN FRANCISCO CATCHER ELIEZER ALFONZO LEFT THE GAME IN THE TOP OF THE 10TH INNING DUE TO AN APPARENT LEFT LEG INJURY.

Pedro Feliz is in at the Catchers spot and Noah Lowry is in Right Field.

Angelus said:
Valentin-awesome to have the old man back. If he can be a role player like he's known to be then thats cool,but the fanboy in me is hoping he starts hitting homers left and right like he did last year.
I don't see it happening. Truth be told he should have surgery... he actually is playing on a partially torn ACL. however, there is a clause in his contract that if he gets 400 ABs an extra couple mil gets added to his deal so all he did was rehab the knee to build up strength so he doesn't hurt it further.

Btw-is easly hurt? I heard he was sitting out the game because of soreness to a knee I believe? Hope its not for too long,but then again Valentin is back so he can only strengthen the bench. Unless we play him in left like we did last month.:lol
I sorta heard something like Easley tweaked his knee ... I just checked the mlb.scout mets boards and can't find anything outside that he is hurt.

EDIT: "Shawn Green told reporters after his workout yesterday that he expects to be ready to return from the disabled list on Sunday."

Also I'm not sure where this chat originated from but...
arly2380 wrote:

Will (Cambridge, MA): Milledge's time in NY seems to be running out. Omar Minaya loves him some latinos. Also heard that Billy Beane and Theo went over to flushing to teach him how to use email. Any way a Wily Mo Pena - Milledge swap happens this summer?
WTF? WHAT THE ****!!!! ARE YOU SHITTING ME? OH HELL NAW!!! NO. EFFING. WAY. If Omar does this I'm traveling up to NY and kicking Omar's @ss.

Karakand

Gordo is broken. I don't usually have a personal attachment to professional athletes unless they went to UCLA but Bartolo is an exception to the rule. YOU WERE AN EXAMPLE TO OVERWEIGHT ATHLETES ALL OVER THE WORLD GORDO. :(

P.S. Suck it down Los Angeles Angels of St. Louis! Y'all ain't got shit on the real thang.

Made a bunch of changes to my fantasy team today. Picked up Mariano Rivera, Kevin Youkilis and Mike Lowell. Dropped Melvin Mora and Pat Burell. I got Mariano for free somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom