• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2007 MLB Thread - The quest for another .500 champion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, another comeback win for the M's!

This has to be the best pitching performance we've seen out of Weaver all year. I'm still not comfortable with him in the starting rotation, but at least he gave us a chance to stay in the game.

Dez

R_GILL said:
Marcum is a beast, I don't understand it but man oh man is the Blue Jays rotation starting to look awesome. Burnett is dominate, McGowan is finally starting to pitch like he was suppose to, and Marcum has been down right fantastic as a starter (minus one Tejada blast). The only one I am concerned about is Halladay and no one would have guessed that going into this season.

Now if only Wells and Thomas could stop acting like it's April and start hitting. No more ****ing excuses. Go Halladay!

Karakand

scottnak said:
HAHAHAAHA.
Bases Loaded...
Pitcher Santana up to bat....
2 RBI Double.
I guess Santana can actually hit on the road instead :p
:lol :lol

I love stuff like this in the box score when the Angels play the Cards.

Code:
 Bot 6th: St. Louis
- J. Edmonds homered to deep center, D. Eckstein scored

17 ovah .500 bishes!

Qwerty710710 said:
You gotta love Sankee fans they thing Roger Clemens is going to make a big impact for this piece of shit team. LOL :lol

You honestly believe that the Yankees are going to be slumping all year? They're all coming around now, they've won 5 straight, Clemens joined the rotation, and things are definitely looking up. Even Abreu is hitting again. A few years ago the Yankees were at .500 or maybe even below it at the All-Star break and still ended up winning the AL East. Things are just getting started.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Glavine needs to step it up. It seems like he's either throwing balls or strikes that get rocked.

EDIT - I rest my ****ing case. God, he looks pathetic.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
ToyMachine228 said:
You honestly believe that the Yankees are going to be slumping all year? They're all coming around now, they've won 5 straight, Clemens joined the rotation, and things are definitely looking up. Even Abreu is hitting again. A few years ago the Yankees were at .500 or maybe even below it at the All-Star break and still ended up winning the AL East. Things are just getting started.

Please....don't talk to him. You'll just get him excited.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Sean Henn - Less than 80 ERA+
Kyle Farnsworth - 80 ERA+
Vizcaino - 62 ERA+

Chris Britton - 236 ERA+

Where is Chris Britton? Demoted to AAA.
Where is Kyle Farnsworth? Not DFA'd.

rc213

NomarTyme said:
Clark DFA

Well at least for today Dodger fans get to see Martin try and be clutch in the 3rd spot. Maybe Loney can come in and provide some offense or at least light a fire under Nomars ass.

Karakand

Code:
LOS ANGELES PITCHER JERED WEAVER LEFT THE GAME IN THE TOP OF THE FOURTH INNING WITH TIGHTNESS IN HIS LOWER BACK.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

rc213

Karakand said:
Code:
LOS ANGELES PITCHER JERED WEAVER LEFT THE GAME IN THE TOP OF THE FOURTH INNING WITH TIGHTNESS IN HIS LOWER BACK.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Did you see the play?

Dang, Starting the game off with a Double. :sigh

rc213

Karakand said:
I just woke up.

He fielded a ball and looked awkward so Scioscia took him out. Weaver was pretty angry too, He definitely did not want to come out. Didn't look like he was actually injured, Just being cautious I guess.

Damn, Game decided in the 1st inning. =(

rc213

NomarTyme said:
OMG Dodgers actually SCORED!!!!!!!

Tied game!!!

Edit: Ok there is something wrong with Mr Cy Young. Damn it Pierre you worthless POS!

Lucky for him Pierre is worthless at the plate. :lol

Karakand

rc213 said:
He fielded a ball and looked awkward so Scioscia took him out. Weaver was pretty angry too, He definitely did not want to come out. Didn't look like he was actually injured, Just being cautious I guess.

Better safe than sorry.

Besides, it's not like the Angels don't have 1233290845 prospects they can call up from the minors to pitch. (Hitting is overrated.)

rc213

Karakand said:
Better safe than sorry.

Besides, it's not like the Angels don't have 1233290845 prospects they can call up from the minors to pitch. (Hitting is overrated.)

Aye :)

Schmidt sucks, Send him back to Frisco.

- J. McDonald walked
- S. Fasano grounded out to third, J. McDonald to third

WTF

NomarTyme

rc213 said:
How did McDonald score after he walked?
Well Macdonald began to run after Fasano hit ground ball to Bettershit(he throws it to 1st base for the out), Macdonald was persistent and continues to 3rd base and barely made it safe.

Edit: You can watch this game using Sopcast.

Edit: WTF PIERRE??? CATCH THE DAMN BALL

What an exciting game between the Indians and the Reds! Most true baseball fans understand that a 12 inning 0-0 game is more exciting than a 9-6 game, because things can change in one swing! Also, Hamilton showing why he will be in the running for Rookie of the Year with another crazy game-saving throw from center to home.

rc213

NomarTyme said:
Edit: You can watch this game using Sopcast.

How? I have it installed but I cant find it the game.

DFA Pierre and give Kemp Center Field please.

Schmidt is done, He is topping out at 85 again. Time to give Billingsley a shot at the starting rotation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom