• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2007 MLB Thread - The quest for another .500 champion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuroyume

Banned
capt.6937db2a5328443fb4f5671c2f2a7fb6.aptopix_cubs_braves_baseball_gajb101.jpg

rc213

Ninja Scooter said:
from LA Times' TJ Simers:
IN MY continuing quest to do nothing but help the Dodgers, I went to Juan Pierre before Wednesday's game to ask him if he's ever considered getting an arm transplant.

Just think how good Pierre might be if he really could play this game.

Before I could ask the question, Pierre told me it was time to go work on the field. It was only 3:50 p.m., and nobody on the Dodgers works that early, so I was impressed. I asked if we might talk when he was done, but I got the impression from the look on his face that he now has plans to work the rest of his life.

I gave him a few minutes and then checked to see what he was working on. He was sitting on the bench. Nice to see, that the guy the Dodgers signed for five years and $44 million, was working on his future position with the team.

I asked why he had lied? and he said, "You come at me like you know me,'' and "I do,'' I said. "You're the guy who has been such a huge disappointment this season, and I was wondering, have you ever considered getting an arm transplant?''

"Go ahead and rip on me,'' Pierre said, and for a minute there I thought he had me confused with the team surgeon.

"I'M HAPPY with what God gave me,'' Pierre said, which was a lie, because when I asked him if he wished he had a stronger arm, he said, "yes, I do.''

Does he have video of this? If this is real, Los Angeles owes this man a beer. :lol

The Braves are absolutely pathetic.

Only their offense could get shut down by the Cubs bullpen after the starter was ekjected in the first. RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
It's not often that a position player directly causes a rally.

And then there is Chris Woodward

edit: holy shit the Cubs blew that :lol :lol

Mrbob

Oh yeah Larry Rothchild coming out that will help. What the hell has he ever done in his career as the Cubs pitching coach?

This game is over. Cubs lose. Thanks again DUMPSTER.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
I don't think I will ever get tired of seeing Dempster falling flat on his face on that pitch. I have never seen that before.
The fact that it led to the winning run makes it even more hilarious.

Not that I have room to talk(LOL White Sox) but ****, the Cubs always find new and interesting ways to lose.

AirBrian

Eminem said:
I don't think I will ever get tired of seeing Dempster falling flat on his face on that pitch. I have never seen that before.
The fact that it led to the winning run makes it even more hilarious.

Not that I have room to talk(LOL White Sox) but ****, the Cubs always find new and interesting ways to lose.
You would think they'd run out of ways, but nope, they sure don't!

****!

Triumph

Banned
Woot! 2.5 back! As crappy as the Braves have been lately, the Mets have been just a smidgeon crappier.

Still 4 games back in the loss column, though.

Mets still suck, though.

Man, I can't wait for Shawn Green and Jose Valentin to get back into the lineup. Valentin has to be eased back in though. Ben Johnson and his long swing can go back to AAA. At least Ricky Ledee is a lefty. And I'm getting SO tired of Methusaleh . . . he has to be the last PH on the bench.

Cruceh said:
Damn right. As a Mets fan, I want the Braves to match us loss for loss...
Welcome to the OT MLB Sports thread, Cruceh. We Mets fans hope to see more posts from you in the future.

Karakand

HOLY SHIT THEY TALKED ABOUT THE DOYERS ON ESPN

I'D TOTALLY FORGOTTEN SOMEONE OTHER THAN THE AMAZING .500 YANQUIS THAT ARE 5 ****ING HUNDRED AND RED SOX EXIST

Where is Milledge?

Where is Gomez?

Why are the Mutts playing their fail outfield when they've got kids in the wings that fail less?

I blame Frankman.

Karakand

bluemax said:
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playerrating?type=pitching&league=mlb&position=rp

ESPN HAS GONE CRAZY THEY HAVE JJ PUTZ AS THE BEST RELIEVER IN BASEBALL. HOW CAN THIS BE AS HE PLAYS FOR A TEAM IN ALASKA OR SOME SHIT. PAPLEBON IS CLEARLY THE BEST RELIEVER IN BASEBALL.

I bet the Yanquis are interested in trading for him. (Staying at .500 is really tough, after all.) That's the only reason I can think of why they'd rank a player from Sea Otter, Alaska that high.

bluemax

Banned
Karakand said:
I bet the Yanquis are interested in trading for him. (Staying at .500 is really tough, after all.) That's the only reason I can think of why they'd rank a player from Sea Otter, Alaska that high.

Its not like teams not on the Eastcoast have a chance of winning anything anyhow, so they might as well give their good players to the Yankees and BoSox.

I'm sure Putz can be had for Melky and Farnsworth or some similar package. I bet the Sea Otter Marines will throw in that Oriental fellow Ishiroll as well.

bluemax

Banned
rc213 said:
Does he have video of this? If this is real, Los Angeles owes this man a beer. :lol

Clearly you're not familiar with TJ Slimers. The man is all talk and no action. How he is still employed is beyond me.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
The Mariners were clearly not thrilled with the detour before opening a three-game series against the Chicago Cubs on Tuesday.

“To tell the truth, I’m not excited to go to Cleveland, but we have to,” Ichiro said through an interpreter. “If I ever saw myself saying I’m excited going to Cleveland, I’d punch myself in the face, because I’m lying.”

:lol :lol :lol

captmcblack said:
Where is Milledge?

Where is Gomez?

Why are the Mutts playing their fail outfield when they've got kids in the wings that fail less?

I blame Frankman.
Gomez is overmatched at this level and clearly not ready. Martinez won't be ready until late 2008-Spring 2009. Milledge is hurt and his fighting off some negative press from jelping produce a rap album (OMGITZRAPITZBADFOYOUHESABADNEGRO!!) and that thing earlier in the year when the Post blasted his friendship with convicted criminal Zod.

milledge.jpg

rc213

Karakand said:
HOLY SHIT THEY TALKED ABOUT THE DOYERS ON ESPN

I'D TOTALLY FORGOTTEN SOMEONE OTHER THAN THE AMAZING .500 YANQUIS THAT ARE 5 ****ING HUNDRED AND RED SOX EXIST
Was it about how the Dodgers would be dumb not trade Penny and Lowe for Abreu? I mean the Dodgers desperately need a power bat.

bluemax said:
Clearly you're not familiar with TJ Slimers. The man is all talk and no action. How he is still employed is beyond me.

Too bad, Someone should e-mail that page to Pierre and see what he thinks.

bluemax

Banned
rc213 said:
Was it about how the Dodgers would be dumb not trade Penny and Lowe for Abreu? I mean the Dodgers desperately need a power bat.

Too bad, Someone should e-mail that page to Pierre and see what he thinks.

TJ Slimers is a joke of a journalist. I don't disagree with him the Pierre sucks, has a noodle arm and is overpaid, but Slimers still sucks.

LoDuca:
Code:
  Year Ag Tm  Lg  G   AB    R    H   2B 3B  HR  RBI  SB CS  BB  SO   BA   OBP   SLG *OPS+  TB   SH  SF IBB HBP GDP 
+--------------+---+----+----+----+---+--+---+----+---+--+---+---+-----+-----+-----+----+----+---+---+---+---+---+
 2007 35 NYM NL  49  193   21   59   6  0   3   17   2  0  13  13  .306  .357  .383  103   74   2   3   2   4   4

Martin
Code:
  Year Ag Tm  Lg  G   AB    R    H   2B 3B  HR  RBI  SB CS  BB  SO   BA   OBP   SLG *OPS+  TB   SH  SF IBB HBP GDP 
+--------------+---+----+----+----+---+--+---+----+---+--+---+---+-----+-----+-----+----+----+---+---+---+---+---+
 2007 24 LAD NL  60  211   39   63  14  1   7   40  10  2  24  32  .299  .368  .474  122  100   0   5   0   2   7

and LoDuca has played fewer games, 18 less ABs, and has been moved between batting 2nd to 7th in his lineup. The choice is clear, America. Vote Duke for ASG catcher in 2007.

20040704a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom