• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2007 MLB Thread - The quest for another .500 champion

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottnak

Karakand said:
Better safe than sorry.

Besides, it's not like the Angels don't have 1233290845 prospects they can call up from the minors to pitch. (Hitting is overrated.)

Definitely a better safe than sorry pull.
And somehow our team manages to rack up 10+ hits even though we "need a big bat"
... and of course with Suckenbrand back in the lineup... well...

Kuroyume

Banned
Mets are going to rape the Dodgers will all this frustration. THEY BETTER! :lol Where the **** was Green btw? Please god, give us back our outfield.

PLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSE

Our rotation too

Karakand

scottnak said:
And somehow our team manages to rack up 10+ hits even though we "need a big bat"

Things are fine now but another bat would really put them over the top. If anything happens to Vlad the team is screwed.

rc213 said:
Dodgers need a new General Manager, Colletti sucks donkey balls.

A new owner.
A new GM.
A new manager.

With the attendance the Doyers get the team they put on the field is pathetic.

rc213

Karakand said:
Things are fine now but another bat would really put them over the top. If anything happens to Vlad the team is screwed.

A new owner.
A new GM.
A new manager.

With the attendance the Doyers get the team they put on the field is pathetic.

I agree, Just look at this shit here. He takes one bum out only to insert another bum in Hendrickson. :lol My buddy just called me screaming furiously from Dodger stadium. He said the crowd was really giving it to Pierre today. :lol

Oh well, Another year of mediocrity won't be so bad. I am used to this by now.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Everytime Bobby Jenks pitches this season I get a little depressed because he's the only person in the bullpen worth a damn. He's downright filthy this year, and he has to come into games(such as today) that he had no right being in.

He shouldn't have even had to stand up today, let alone come in and pick up a save.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Suzyn Waldman was making fun of the White Sox bullpen today on the radio. :lol Coming from the Yankee commentator, that's awful.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Y2Kev said:
Suzyn Waldman was making fun of the White Sox bullpen today on the radio. :lol Coming from the Yankee commentator, that's awful.

We were up 6-1 today in the top of the 9th. Dewon Day comes in. He ended up throwing 11 pitches, 10 of them for balls. He went 2-0 and then Lee lined out. He then walked the next two batters on 8 pitches.

He goes out, Boone Logan comes in. He walks the bases loaded on 5 pitches.

Then Jenks has to come in and bail out the team.

lcide.gif

rc213

10-2 Bitches! Come on Hendrickson show Schmidt how to suck better.

After the Mets/Angels series I expect the Dodgers to be in 3rd place around 6 games out of 1st. Nice job Colletti, Signing 2 Noodle arms in Schmidt and Pierre and blocking our top 1st and 2nd base prospects with dead weight like Nomar and Kent who are too old to field their position properly.

lcide.gif

Thanks Eminem!

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Oh, yesterday Tim Kurkjian was in the booth with the White Sox radio guys for an inning, mostly promoting his new book. He was his normal nerdy self, and had some interesting comments, blah blah blah. But right when he was about to leave:

Kurkjian, to Ed Farmer: "Ed, I can't believe I forgot to send you a copy of it already. You have my word it will be in the mail tomorrow. I guarantee it."

Farmer, very dryly: "Tomorrow is Sunday."

Kurkjian: "...."

You heard Tim, kinda like, chuckle awkwardly, then he just left without saying anything else.
Maybe you had to hear it, but it was such a dick comment from Farmer it was hilarious.

rc213

Dr. Strangelove said:
Narrowly averted.

Lugo and Coco: the worst 1-2 in baseball.

Pierre and Pierre: Worse than Lugo and Coco put together.

MLB better watch out, Dodgers trotted out the deadliest 1-2-3 combo in Schmidt-Hendrickson-Tomko today.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Timlol.

I don't know why anyone signs Juan Pierre. He's trash, and worse, he's trash on an exponentially decaying curve.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
well these cubs-braves games sure have been interesting

edit: damn, there is definitely going to be a fight.

:lol

Damn Rents goes into second with a high elbow.

If there isn't a bench clearfing brawl tonight I'll be completely shocked. This thing has been brewing for three days now.....

Karakand

Y2Kev said:
I don't know why anyone signs Juan Pierre. He's trash, and worse, he's trash on an exponentially decaying curve.

This is the same organization that fired the guy that landed them Brad Penny.

from LA Times' TJ Simers:

IN MY continuing quest to do nothing but help the Dodgers, I went to Juan Pierre before Wednesday's game to ask him if he's ever considered getting an arm transplant.

Just think how good Pierre might be if he really could play this game.

Before I could ask the question, Pierre told me it was time to go work on the field. It was only 3:50 p.m., and nobody on the Dodgers works that early, so I was impressed. I asked if we might talk when he was done, but I got the impression from the look on his face that he now has plans to work the rest of his life.

I gave him a few minutes and then checked to see what he was working on. He was sitting on the bench. Nice to see, that the guy the Dodgers signed for five years and $44 million, was working on his future position with the team.

I asked why he had lied? and he said, "You come at me like you know me,'' and "I do,'' I said. "You're the guy who has been such a huge disappointment this season, and I was wondering, have you ever considered getting an arm transplant?''

"Go ahead and rip on me,'' Pierre said, and for a minute there I thought he had me confused with the team surgeon.

"I'M HAPPY with what God gave me,'' Pierre said, which was a lie, because when I asked him if he wished he had a stronger arm, he said, "yes, I do.''

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
:lol :lol

That ump is a piece of shit though. If he was waiting for it he should have said something before the game

R_GILL

I'm tanking for Kabanov!
Ah crap I missed the Jays game. Can anyone tell me how Halladay was today, I notice the 3 walks and 2Ks which concerns me.

Triumph

Banned
Eminem said:
Ohman is awful. I wonder if Lou is going to leave him in to give up 10 runs just to get two innings in
It can only be hoped! Braves gotta get our offensive groove back somehow, and I'll take what I can get.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Well on his(Renteria's) way to second base in the first inning he pretty much punched Fontenot in the face. Now Woodward just hit for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom