• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4 New Marvel VS. Capcom 3 characters unveiled

ultim8p00

Banned
Choppasmith said:
Good riddance. The less Ken fanatics whining about his overratedness, the better. I use to like him, but thanks to guys like you I despise the character now. Good job!

Stream is going on right now. Of all things, SFIV-styled voice select will be available, but for Capcom characters only.

http://www.ps3attitude.com/new/2010/07/marvel-capcom-3-includes-japanese-english-voiceovers/

OMG Nitsuma just confirmed no Phoenix Wright. :( Though there was some insinuating going on the possibility of Edgeworth.

You know why there is no Phoenix Wright in this game? It's because you are an asshole who hates Ken. Good job!

Well from all the random character requests in the stream, Nitsuma kept denying characters until he got to Amaterasu where he clammed up and said "I can't say anymore" and that some fans have successfully guessed some inclusions.

ZOMG! AMMY!

JWong

Banned
LiK said:
man, so many people are questioning about the Super Skrull. he's pretty badass. one of the stronger classic F4 villains in the comics. playing him is gonna be like playing as the F4 team in one character. it's a good choice.

*in pwnage mode*

Super-Skrull.jpg
Yeah, most people don't know that the Skrulls almost took over Earth. They are that bad ass.

Dizzle24

corrosivefrost said:
And where in your list of DMC characters for MvC3 was Trish, honestly?
1.Dante
2.Vergil
3.Nero
4.Trish
Regardless of WHERE in the list she is, she's in it. Just because some people dislike her in the game, others will gladly play as her, so why should your hate win over my joy?

Also, anyone who expected Lady to make an appearance over Trish is insane in the membrane, since Trish was actually a playable character in one of the series' games.

TheOGB

Banned
"Capcom doesn't own Strider anymore, this is why when you playing the MvC2 on PS3/Xbox360 it gives a disclaimer of ownership about him. "

...Is this true GAF?

DAMMIT, SOMEBODY TELL ME

FSLink

Banned
Choppasmith said:
Well from all the random character requests in the stream, Nitsuma kept denying characters until he got to Amaterasu where he clammed up and said "I can't say anymore" and that some fans have successfully guessed some inclusions.

ZOMG! AMMY!
I'm proud to say that I'm one of the ones who kept asking about Amaterasu.

And along with the Amaterasu thing, for those who weren't following:
No Punisher
No Phoenix Wright (though they mentioned the Edgeworth game after...hope for Edgeworth?)
No Gene
No Ghost Rider (apparently was very close to getting in)
No Emma Frost
No DareDevil

I believe they also mentioned Strider, not sure if it was confirmed no for sure, they did say he's a popular character inside Capcom and that no one is currently working on a Strider sequel at the moment....

Some other stuff mentioned:
Balance still in the works, like the numerous time outs.
Online confirmed.
No arcade release planned at the moment due to a contract with Marvel or something, though if it gets popular, they can possibly work it out.
Niitsuma would like to work on TvC2, he hopes everyone will enjoy MvC3.
almost confirmed a character that hasn't been shown yet when I asked what is his favorite Level 3 super. He then caught himself before saying it, and said out of the current characters his favorite is Iron Man, then changed his mind quickly and said Deadpool's.

TheOGB said:
"Capcom doesn't own Strider anymore, this is why when you playing the MvC2 on PS3/Xbox360 it gives a disclaimer of ownership about him. "

...Is this true GAF?

DAMMIT, SOMEBODY TELL ME
Strider was designed by an artist named Moto Kikaku. That credit line information is on all Capcom games Strider appears in, including the titular action-platformers.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Choppasmith said:
OMG Nitsuma just confirmed no Phoenix Wright. :( Though there was some insinuating going on the possibility of Edgeworth.

Source please?

Also can anyone testify for Strider ownership?

Dai101

Banned
TheOGB said:

...Is this true GAF?

DAMMIT, SOMEBODY TELL ME

Technically CAPCOM never has owned, but CO-Owned the character of Strider and it's media;

Strider Hiryu (ストライダー飛竜?) is a fictional character jointly owned by Capcom and Moto Kikaku.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strider_Hiryu

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moto_Kikaku

AAK

Sparda sword in action is cool. I am for Trish.

Besides there seems to be too few chicks in MvC3 so far.

IntelliHeath said:
I found this picture.

17cd3989f8f24a1f828b8130aa49d2c6.jpg

from marvel site.

I think it is fake
assuming this is real, how would that work?

does it stand on its hind legs?

Fuck if they have two Clover representatives and one is not Gene I will turn over a magazine rack
I mean ameratsu over Gene IN A FIGHTING GAME? Fuck.

FSLink

Banned
_dementia said:
assuming this is real, how would that work?

does it stand on its hind legs?

Fuck if they have two Clover representatives and one is not Gene I will turn over a magazine rack
I mean ameratsu over Gene IN A FIGHTING GAME? Fuck.
Niitsuma already confirmed Gene isn't in in the Capcom Unity ustream interview that was earlier.

Also:
http://marvel.com/images/786938.Scr...arvel_vs_Capcom_3_/from/content.videogame.101
http://marvel.com/images/786946.Scr...arvel_vs_Capcom_3_/from/content.videogame.101

Definitely real.

the Capcom characters so far have been very "meh"
but the Marvel characters are are very "yah!"

Super Skrull will be awesome with his FF powers

Anonymous Tipster said:
What? Okami?

I swear, if Mega Man is not in this game.

I'm pretty sure someone from their flagship franchise will be in.

If it isn't X for once I'll be kinda salty. It'll probably be Zero in some form :/ or Volnutt/BlueBomber version and Zero like in TvC.

Also, very cool at amaterasu being in (did I spell that right :lol).

FSLink

Banned
Anonymous Tipster said:
What? Okami?

I swear, if Mega Man is not in this game.
Niitsuma said all the stages have to do with the playable characters in some way in the Capcom Unity ustream interview. (There's a MegaMan stage. >_>)

He didn't want to say which one it is, but to expect to see him in a trailer in the future.

dankir

dankir said:
Yeah I think one representative from the DMC universe for the capcom side would have been sufficient.

Hopefully she plays pretty differently.

PUT

IN

Amaterasu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU FOR LISTENING CAPCOM!

Solune

gutter_trash said:
the Capcom characters so far have been very "meh"
but the Marvel characters are are very "yah!"

Super Skrull will be awesome with his FF powers

I don't see how you can look at Dante's gameplay and say "meh".
And people saying meh to Amaterasu either don't appreciate good games or haven't played Okami yet.

The Marvel characters have been "meh" until Thor, Marvel needs Spiderman obviously and Magneto.

FSLink

Banned
Oh yeah, just remembered. Niitsuma mentioned they're currently working on the final soundtrack, and that "I Wanna Take You For a Ride" song from MvC2 has gone through several arrangements and they're not sure what they'll do with it yet.

:lol Can't wait to hear it.

FSLink said:
Oh yeah, just remembered. Niitsuma mentioned they're currently working on the final soundtrack, and that "I Wanna Take You For a Ride" song from MvC2 has gone through several arrangements and they're not sure what they'll do with it yet.

:lol Can't wait to hear it.
the solution is obvious: include them all

DR2K

Banned
_dementia said:
I think Marvel is dead-set on a male-only roster for their side

They've got plenty of strong females. Storm, Rogue, Phoenix, Emma, Psylocke, Ms.Marvel, Invisible Woman, She-Hulk, etc. . . .

Sagitario

_dementia said:
why don't you want to buy this game?

Because I've already bought a bunch of fighting games and I suck at them :( (and I barely touch them lately)

I'm a happy button smasher and I don't have the time/patience/ability/reflects to be good at them, but I sure love the genre...

dankir said:
It comes out next Spring buddy, no worries.

Well, that's relief! :D

Top Bottom