• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shawn Elliott's "Whiskey Nerd" was a brilliant addition to The Brodeo.

Chuck

Still without luck
Regarding GFW radio...when does it get really good? I started listening with the very start when it was CVG radio and still haven't really found the amazing podcast everyone talks about. I got to like the start of '07.

edit: oh and i started about 2 months ago.

A lot of great guests on the podcast too, my favourite at the time was Crispin Boyer.

His joke about a bad teleportation on one of the Halloween(?) episodes had me in stitches for the rest of the episode.

Andrew.

Banned
You should check out the episode of Idle Thumbs he was on quite recently.

Ill have to look it up unless someone can provide me a quick link. Do you know by any chance what episode it was? Or are there descriptors on the site?

Twinduct

Regarding GFW radio...when does it get really good? I started listening with the very start when it was CVG radio and still haven't really found the amazing podcast everyone talks about. I got to like the start of '07.

Go listen to the 'This year' collections. Some of the best bits are thrown in there.
http://www.thisyearcollection.org/2011/07/11-gfw-radio-2006.html

If you've listened to a full year's worth and still don't like it, I doubt it will click later on.

Nope. Unless you want to tongue Bill there.

And if you do, that's your thing, but don't project.

You like a kid's show about ponies and are defending a web site where people marry cartoon characters. I'd call that irony.

I'd call that a pathetic stretch. You think everyone here with a cartoon avatar wants to marry them?

Fun fact, I also like keeping the avatar since it's a nice honeypot for the people who don't have real replies and just quote avatars in an attempt to be "GAF Clever". I know the shit FiM fans get on this forum, and could've switched away long ago.

Andrew.

Banned

For me, the train really started moving around late Summer/early Fall of 2007, because I loved the discussions of Crysis, HL2: Ep. 2 and Bioshock. You also get the infamous "Why So Low?" debacle as well as random, yet awesome discussion on Mario Galaxy and Shawns trips to Second Life.

And of course we get introduced to Robert Ashley.

Nope. Unless you want to tongue Bill there.

And if you do, that's your thing, but don't project.

I'd call that a pathetic stretch. You think everyone here with a cartoon avatar wants to marry them?

Fun fact, I also like keeping the avatar since it's a nice honeypot for the people who don't have real replies and just quote avatars in an attempt to be "GAF Clever". I know the shit FiM fans get on this forum, and could've switched away long ago.

Bill isn't a cartoon horse posing/sleeping in a cloud-bed. ;)

You're just getting to where it gets good. Stick with another 6 months or so of episodes. Once you're in 2008 it's pretty much all gold.

Ryan Scott

Neo Member
Alright now Im confused. Can someone clear this up? Was Ryan Scott not really there and it was just someone doing a voice/impersonation?

Christ Im late to the party on this. I find that really, really hard to believe.. That's like some Kaufman stuff right there.
You're honestly confused about whether someone -- me -- who's had a long, prolific, easily verifiable career in the gaming press, and has co-hosted an unbroken string of popular podcasts since 2006, is a real person?

You're honestly confused about whether someone -- me -- who's had a long, prolific, easily verifiable career in the gaming press, and has co-hosted an unbroken string of popular podcasts since 2006, is a real person?

I can't remember, is this Robert Ashley or Shaun Malloy doing the Ryan message board posts?

Kade

Don't be fooled guys. This account isn't verified.

Twinduct

Think we need to stop jesting guys. Poor Andrew's mind will slowly break.
But kudos Shaun!

Andrew.

Banned

I didnt believe it, but the GAF Hivemind is a real bitch sometimes dude.

Ok so we got Shawn and Ryan to show up.

Wheres Green, Max Chill and Chuff??

At the time I listened to GFW, 1up, Cheapy D´s podcast and some other ones I did not enjoyed that much. Those first 3 were amazing, I used to have a long travel to work, 2hours, all those podcasts made the travel easier, love all those guys!!

Andrew.

Banned
Really digging this Idle Thumbs episode. I like these guys. Shawn is a great albeit temporary addition.

That Clapper story. Fuckin hilarious.

Andrew.

Banned
Here's a question I have and this thread might as well be the best place to ask:

Did Darren leave with some bad blood in tow? He disappears out of nowhere and Jeff mentions it super briefly and he's never mentioned again.

Here's a question I have and this thread might as well be the best place to ask:

Did Darren leave with some bad blood in tow? He disappears out of nowhere and Jeff mentions it super briefly and he's never mentioned again.

Nothing I'm aware of. He and Green was on Tested together not too long ago. Don't press me for details though, I don't keep an eye on those guys. It was an octobercast or something.

For me as a listener he was always the most out of place person on the podcast so I've never mourned him leaving. All of the others are very well suited for the Brodeo. Jeff, Shawn, Shaun, Ryan, Bobito and Anthony all had their awesome and interesting contributions. Darren... not so much.

Btw, I serendipitously found the "Ryan Scott isn't real" bit. Skip to around 9:00 on episode 2008 Aug 20. Also known as the Yaddle Gallegos Fallout episode. [direct link]

Andrew.

Banned
Oh thats good. Gladstone seemed like a nice guy, but yeah I never really found him to share the same sort of chemistry that the rest of guys had.

Sneds

Really digging this Idle Thumbs episode. I like these guys. Shawn is a great albeit temporary addition.

That Clapper story. Fuckin hilarious.

Cool. I'm glad you're enjoying it. Your post made me go back an re-listen to the booty clapper story myself. :)

Andrew.

Banned
The Yaddle situation was hilarious.

I was thrown off a bit at the next episode where Anthony acted all offended and then said "Fuck those guys."

Then you get to the crew talking and Bobito's like "I never liked that kid anyway."

My mouth hit the floor. Thinking to myself "Please be fucking around."

Kade

I was thrown off a bit at the next episode where Anthony acted all offended and then said "Fuck those guys."

Then you get to the crew talking and Bobito's like "I never liked that kid anyway."

My mouth hit the floor. Thinking to myself "Please be fucking around."

I thought they were serious the whole time. They all sounded so genuine.

Top Bottom