• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shawn Elliott's "Whiskey Nerd" was a brilliant addition to The Brodeo.

Ryan has had his own podcast for the past 5 years and is also on a different podcast which has run for 2 years...

Jeff is the voice on the 5-year podcast, Shawn is the voice on the 2-year podcast

Limit

Shawn Elliott needs to be a guest on at least one of GB podcasts. His sense of humor would resonate with that crew quite well.

Andrew.

Banned
It was towards the end of the Out of the Game run. Luke Smith left because of it.

I dont know what Out of the Game is so that doesnt help me whatsoever.

Isnt there a podcasr link somewhere where they discuss it?

Man I feel like Im bein trolled so hard. This is nuts.

Sneds

Never got another podcast to fill the void. The cast of the brodeo just jelled together so damn well. Kinda wish Shawn would do a regular podcast again :<

Is there any other podcast that handles gaming and comedy so well? (I mean podtoid was my go to one and now DJ). Not to turn this into a 'recommend me a podcast' thread of course, just curious if I missed any decent ones.

I'd recommend Idle Thumbs. It has a similar mix of interesting, informed discussion and funny silliness.

CzarTim

I dont know what Out of the Game is so that doesnt help me whatsoever.

Isnt there a podcasr link somewhere where they discuss it?

Man I feel like Im bein trolled so hard. This is nuts.

Out of the Game was a follow up podcast with Shawn Elliott, Jeff Green, N’Gai Croal, Robert Ashley, and Luke Smith.

Does anyone have a link to the video of one of Shawn's partners in crime trolling a TF2 game pretending to be a body builder? At least I think that's what it was, hard for me to remember. I've been looking for this video forever, I think one of the lines is "my muscles are so big I haven't wiped in years".

I just don't get the worship for what the CGW podcast turned into. I know it used to be very dry and safe, but I kind of liked that, it felt more thoughtful than a lot of podcasts at the time. Then Elliot really started going crazy with his schtick, and the others started trying their hand at it, and I'm glad they had fun, and I'm not saying the thoughtful content was completely gone, but it certainly got buried. I think the point when they spent something like 10 minutes shitting on an 8-year-old (at the time) website about marrying fictional characters was the point I gave up. That wasn't what the podcast was for, to me.

That was the fucking funniest thing I had heard in this whole decade, no hyperbole.

Nothing topped that Sonic stuff

Andrew.

Banned
Ok so is the Ryan Scott joke laid out and discussed during the first couple episodes of OOTG?

I still think you guys are fucking with me.

Andrew.

Banned
Ep 3 I think. When they slowly transition to the Ryan Scott voice you'll realise how obvious it is.

Well then was the first time Ryan actually joined the guys during that Brodeo reunion at PAX a few years back? Was he not on the reunion show taped last year and it was just another joke?

El Sloth

Banned
Fuuuuuck. Is it available online?

FOUND IT

You guys HAVE to be messing with me. I just dont believe it...
Dude, think about it. Have you ever seen video of Ryan Scott? They confirmed in the Out of the Game podcast that those pictures of "Ryan Scott" was actually some dude who worked in another department for Ziff Davis.

Andrew.

Banned
When Ryan talks about Guild Wars, it's Jeff doing the voice. When Ryan talks about comics, it's Shawn.

Get the fuck out of here. I refuse to believe. Jeff can only nail the old feeble Jewish woman voice and that medieval fantasy voice (like when he read that Grossman Halo 3 ad)

Then who the fuck is the Ryan Scott in the pictures of Ryan Scott?

Inception.

Andrew.

Banned
Ok so this is just some random ZD dude?

hqdefault.jpg

You realize you're supposed to point out something ironic when you quote an avatar, right? Just randomly quoting it doesn't mean anything.

That was the fucking funniest thing I had heard in this whole decade, no hyperbole.

Nothing topped that Sonic stuff

Whether or not it was funny was your call (it was old as hell to me, again, it was an EIGHT YEAR OLD website when they were doing it, the jokes had already been around the block), but the point was that it had nothing to do with PC gaming, which is what I was listening to it for. I wasn't listening to the original podcast for them to sing about Hot Pockets, and even the bragging about online trolling felt out of place. I just feel like they got too obsessed with being entertaining over being informative and thoughtful, even if they didn't completely remove those latter elements. And I admit I didn't listen to some of the later episodes, so that could've changed again; as I said, there was a point where I gave up on them.

Perfect.

Ryan Scott is real. They actually joke-revealed that he wasn't real after someone had angrily posted that he though Ryan was just a character being done on the show. Everyone laughed and Ryan responded with "What the hell? I actually talk so little that my existence is being questioned.". If someone knows which episode this is from, please post.

CzarTim

You realize you're supposed to point out something ironic when you quote an avatar, right? Just randomly quoting it doesn't mean anything.
You like a kid's show about ponies and are defending a web site where people marry cartoon characters. I'd call that irony.

Andrew.

Banned
Perfect.

Ryan Scott is real. They actually joke-revealed that he wasn't real after someone had angrily posted that he though Ryan was just a character being done on the show. Everyone laughed and Ryan responded with "What the hell? I actually talk so little that my existence is being questioned.". If someone knows which episode this is from, please post.

I know what episode you're talking about and that's why Im so thrown off. Well that, and the fact guys were saying Jeff was doing the impersonations. Get the hell outta here.

JABEE

I loved the Brodeo. HoTW and those songs were awesome. I wish we could get back these past couple years of missed griefing stories.

Andrew.

Banned
I loved the Brodeo. HoTW and those songs were awesome. I wish we could get back these past couple years of missed griefing stories.

I just wanna hear the crew wax poetic on current gaming nowadays. I'd love to hear Shawns impressions of something like Mario 3D World or The Last of Us.

Top Bottom