• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crimzon Clover: World Ignition |OT| Boosting Towards Obliteration

epmode

The price jumped up as I was in the middle of my purchase as well. Fuck it, I'm happy to pay for a top tier shooter. God knows we need them.

After configuring JoyToKey, I have to say that this game is pretty goddamned awesome. Runs well!

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
I don't see him as the trolling type.

If anything, I would be inclined to think he didn't mean that in earnest. But, on the off chance that he did, $5 is a small price to pay to ensure that the game gets another copy sold.
I appreciate the offer but I'd feel like a scumbag accepting, I'll prolly end up getting the game before the sale is over anyway.

BOTEC

Oh wow. Lucky me for scoring the 60% off Deluxe Edition.

Still haven't downloaded yet because my internet is shitty. I guess that's the price I pay.

Dambrosi

Banned
Holy crap, this game.

It's even more nuts than I remember it being.

*Double Break Mode* Oh my God it's full of stars *duuuuuuuun duuuuuuuuun duuuuuuuuun DADAAAAAAAAAAN baDONDON DONDON DON DON DON DON DOOON*

Relique

It is, and it's fantastic. At least the Arcade mode, didn't bother with the Novice mode.

I used 3 continues on novice mode :-(

My vision is pretty bad though and wearing glasses when looking at a screen strains my eyes. So I'll go ahead and use that excuse.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW

This is a humongous improvement over vanilla CC. Holy shit can't believe this also runs so well on my piece of crap laptop. I felt compelled to buy a gift copy to a friend. Thank you so much Yotsubane/Degica!

With STGs like this out, I ain't even mad CAVE is not with us anymore.

Tain

Just tried it on my real PC, aaand

360 TE stick doesn't work! No buttons, no directions.
360 standard wired and wireless controllers work.
Xbox One controller works.
PS3 Real Arcade Pro N3-SA works.
PS3 SFxT Fightstick Pro works.

Game seems great, but this is the first time I've seen a 360 TE stick not work with a game that otherwise supports POV hats! Patch would be super appreciated, lol.

mannerbot

TE stick doesn't work! No buttons, no directions.

That sounds frustrating, good thing my TE is dual modded. I'll chime back in with results for Cthulhu/ChImp board compatibility!

BOTEC

360 TE stick doesn't work! No buttons, no directions.
PS3 SFxT Fightstick Pro works.

Game seems great, but this is the first time I've seen a 360 TE stick not work with a game that otherwise supports POV hats! Patch would be super appreciated, lol.

Oh for fuck's sake, not again!

BOTEC

Credit Roll:

Joystick Compatibility Assistance
Moss Co., Ltd.

JK.
Yargh, gotta go pick me up a new stick once the stores open up this afternoon.

You're not far off. My RAP VX-SA Kai does not work. 360 pad, no problem. Fuck me.

MadCatz BrawlStick (PS3) works 100%. At least there's that.

The TE stick works, but you need to use Xpadder and bind the arrow keys and ZXCA to the stick and buttons. I had to do the same thing with the doujin game, so I was hoping that issue would be fixed...

Mr.McFist

Bought, downloading now - full price of the game is already insanely low, I could not believe my eyes when I saw the additional 30% discount.

BOTEC

I played a bit in TATE mode. Does anybody else get big ass black bars on either side (or what normally is the top and bottom) of the play area? It's like I'm playing a widescreen AND letterboxed game. That seems odd.

epmode

The TE stick works, but you need to use Xpadder and bind the arrow keys and ZXCA to the stick and buttons. I had to do the same thing with the doujin game, so I was hoping that issue would be fixed...

Yeah, the TE stick was great once I set up JoyToKey. Only took a minute or two. Crazy that it's not natively detected, though.

Tain

Yeah, I'm sure all of these sticks would work with external software. I haven't messed with any outside of joytokey, which I know can cause a tiny amount of lag (fixed 60hz polling rate), but whatever. I'll use a PS3 stick for now.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
They really polished the game up since vanilla, damn. Noticeably harder too. I used to pretty easily make it to stage 5 on one credit, here I struggled to finish 3. It's obvious you're expected to use your reduced bomb bar much more frequently, like the gravity bomb in Mars Matrix.

I still think stage 4 is up there as one of the best overall stages in stg history - definitely in my top 5 at least. The combination of the amazing stage+boss music, the great patterns and background transitions, and Diabolos, one of the coolest stg bosses ever.

Would you guys recommend babby mode for a shmup scrub who refuses to stop loving shmups and wants to improve? This looks like something I shouldn't miss regardless.

Tizoc

Hope it's OK to post this here
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Crimzon Clover WORLD IGNITION Deluxe Edition -- MB-B64F4483536F6B37

t1402210719z1.png
Spreadin' the love.

ChryZ

First thing I picked up this morning, we need more japanese indies on Steam, time to show some support.

I picked up a RAP V4 with the Hayabusa stick today and I can report it works fine with CC:WI.

One odd thing I'm finding: is anybody able to bomb in Boost mode? I tried messing with the settings, but there's no "Bomb" button per se. I mapped "Break" to the Triangle button on my controller, but it wouldn't trigger the bomb and neither would any of the other buttons. Bombing is super important in Boost Mode, so there has to be something obvious that I'm missing here...

microfolk

One odd thing I'm finding: is anybody able to bomb in Boost mode? I tried messing with the settings, but there's no "Bomb" button per se. I mapped "Break" to the Triangle button on my controller, but it wouldn't trigger the bomb and neither would any of the other buttons. Bombing is super important in Boost Mode, so there has to be something obvious that I'm missing here...

I just tried and I see no difference from the rest of the game? Bombing works fine for me in boost mode, I don't know what could be causing your problem.

ChryZ

Man, such an improvement over the doujin disc release. Not so much the game itself, the gameplay was always top notch, but the presentation overall. Game looks so polished now, love it.

gngf123

Just bought this, was really looking forward to playing it.

Unfortunately, I seem to be getting completely unbearable audio crackle/static. First game that has given me this. Anyone know what I can do to maybe fix this?

shaowebb

Invincibility time is way shorter, yeah. It also feels like it takes a little longer to fill the break meter and it definitely doesn't last as long as it used to.

Oh thank God I thought I was going crazy. That's gonna take some adapting to. Do you think they changed it over the new ship? I've heard some exciting things about Double Breaking in it with some point blanking.

mannerbot

Just tried the normal arcade mode:

I will probably never play 2p but just out of curiosity, what kind of setup did you do this with? I had a 360 controller plugged in and tried to get 2p to join but couldn't figure out how to do it. zxc etc. all just controlled 1p, same as the 360 controller.

Nabs

Nice, bought.

Just beware that the start button is probably not the start button.

I will probably never play 2p but just out of curiosity, what kind of setup did you do this with? I had a 360 controller plugged in and tried to get 2p to join but couldn't figure out how to do it. zxc etc. all just controlled 1p, same as the 360 controller.

I have a Madcatz PS3 TE and a DS4 (I tried both dinput and xinput). There is probably some sort of conflict with the keyboard (P1) and controller (P1).

I just got it working as well after seeing Nabs' screenshot. I found that I had to start the application with both controllers plugged in, then press the "Start" button on my Xbox360 controller at the Title Screen. Then went into arcade mode, and pressed Start at the mode select screen which got both 1P and 2P showing at the top left and right of the screen respectively.

mannerbot

Just beware that the start button is probably not the start button.

I have a Madcatz PS3 TE and a DS4 (I tried both dinput and xinput). There is probably some sort of conflict with the keyboard (P1) and controller (P1).

I just got it working as well after seeing Nabs' screenshot. I found that I had to start the application with both controllers plugged in, then press the "Start" button on my Xbox360 controller at the Title Screen. Then went into arcade mode, and pressed Start at the mode select screen which got both 1P and 2P showing at the top left and right of the screen respectively.

OK, good to know. Thanks guys.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Just bought this, was really looking forward to playing it.

Unfortunately, I seem to be getting completely unbearable audio crackle/static. First game that has given me this. Anyone know what I can do to maybe fix this?

xonar dg? seems to be a few people with this issue with that card. sucks.

shaowebb

Holy shit I gotta get my stick to work on this game. There is noooooooooo playing this with a controller. You pretty well have to keep your lock pressed to keep from oversteering and thats not doable because you have a rhythm of hold release you should be keeping to get your multiplier high enough to actually make things happen.

So hard with my oversteering being rampant. Also I LOVE the new ship...only downside is its hit sphere is the hardest I've ever seen to spot...yellow on a yellow ship in a game with flashy yellow attacks and Gold stars.

Yikes. Still dat shot and lock though...feels good man.

Also...fuck the spider guardian. Him and me got a history. If you wanna have a moment you will never forget dont spoil the last boss's pattern, keep quarter feeding and take on the last form of the final boss (not talking about the hidden one). That pattern...well I was NOT prepared lol.
Bouncey Bouncey

gngf123

xonar dg? seems to be a few people with this issue with that card. sucks.

Yep, Xonar DG.

I can get around it by using a USB audio adapter I got off a crappy old HP headset, but that's far from ideal. Still, better than nothing.

The boss that
bounces off the bottom of the screen
is giving me serious problems.

EricB

Played through arcade mode on both Novice and Normal difficulties (don't want to think about how many credits I used). Just wanted to echo a few of the issues I've seen in this thread.

First, I'm playing in tate mode but the game is vertically letterboxed with the panel taking up significant chunks of the top and bottom of the screen, and black bars running along the sides making the available screen very narrow. Seems like an awful waste as I can imagine the game zoomed and filling the screen entirely without losing anything accept panel. Am I missing something, or is that just how its going to be with this game?

Also, I'm playing using bluetooth headphones and have experienced significant audio issues such as crackling and cutting out. At first I just passed it off as bluetooth troubles (though other games sound fine), but after reading about others' audio problems here I'm not so sure.

Other than those issues, I have really enjoyed the game. Really glad to have gotten into this genre and am in a great place right now where I regularly discover a new "one of the best ever" shooters that I'd never heard of before even though I thought I had a pretty good handle on things. Hope more of these come to Steam soon.

i suck at these games but goddamn do i love them. i haven't been this taken with a shooter since Futari. loving Boost mode.

also glad i randomly decided to buy the delxue version with the soundtrack, the music is great!

Top Bottom