• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2014 FIFA World Cup |OT7| Krul luck for Costa Rica after masterstroke from van Gaal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

venison crêpe
czwadc.gif

Previous Threads
|OT1| Spa1n v The Netherland5 - Includes all schedule information and team profiles.
|OT2| Germany Müllers Portugal
|OT3| Football is never coming home
|OT4| What can European men do against such reckless heat?
|OT5| Que Jara, Jara. Whatever will be, will be.
|OT6| The beautiful game in all its thrilling glory

New thread for the Quarter Finals.

WOWOWOWOWOWOW

so excite !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

German 2-1 France

Brazil 2-2 Colombia (then Brazil win by penalty!)

Is Neymar playing????

LETS GO DEUTSCHLANDDDDDD

smoothj

Pulling for France as I drew them randomly in a money pot.

Would like to see Columbia get the win and see all my Brazilian friends cry. It was great during the Olympics.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
It's Germany Columbia. I can feel it
And on the other side NL Belgium.

kingkitty

Some guy on gaf bet a lot of money on Germany winning the World Cup...so...I am rooting for France...I guess. I don't know. I hope they both lose.

Colombia is gonna go all the way, sorrynotsorry Brazil.

Jb

At least Brazilians in the stadium should be rooting for us right? :(
Bah, if we're gonna loose to someone, I'd rather it be Germany.

v1lla21

Told my boss I will not be going to work tomorrow because I need to watch the Germany match. He looked at me and said to not miss tomorrow. He then remembered it was 4th of July and cried. #OneNationOneDream

A_Gorilla

Banned
Home-field advantage will help Brazil win this match, despite underwhelming me so far.

Germany-France is a toss. If Germany actually shows up like they did against Portugal then France doesn't have a prayer. Otherwise who knows.

Hypron

I hope France wins. I'll make an effort to wake up at 4 in the morning to watch the game, so they better.

Pulling for France as I drew them randomly in a money pot.

Would like to see Columbia get the win and see all my Brazilian friends cry. It was great during the Olympics.

*Colombia

I have faith. Colombia has truly played the better game, they've looked more comfortable, I'm ready for tomorrow.

Mortemis

Banned
Past two days have been dreadful, can't wait for the games. This is gonna be great.

As for who I'm with tomorrow... idk. If Germany is gonna play like they did against Portugal it'll be fun watching them fuck shit up, but if it's not then maybe France can pull something off. I kinda hope Colombia smacks the shit out of Brazil though, brazil meltdown would be insane. Weed pope would be proud.

Blablurn

Boss★Moogle;119487671 said:
All you people that think Germany is going to steamroll France are gonna be in for a shock I think.

Lloris will be the only one coming out with a shock. Sorry breh.

Kurtofan

Allez les Bleus!
Let's show ze Germans how it's done

At least Brazilians in the stadium should be rooting for us right? :(
Bah, if we're gonna loose to someone, I'd rather it be Germany.

Nah, the Brazilians are shit-scared of meeting us.

Nerokis

Ugh, I am so nervous.

Being Colombian, there is no doubt I am biased, but I have been seduced into thinking a World Cup win is possible for this team. I've watched ~85% of the games, and have even gone back and rewatched some games from World Cups of yore, and very, very few of the teams have brought the same dynamic, elegant football to the table. It's amazing to watch not simply because I enjoy watching my national team actually accomplishing something on a grand stage, but because the football on display is inherently uplifting. This has been an awesome, awesome World Cup, and I'm proud of Colombia's contribution to that.

Germany, France, and Brazil have all shown vulnerabilities. So have Argentina and Netherlands. A path to victory exists, and my god, can anyone deny that a World Cup which benefited from the participation of nearly every big team but that happened to be won by this team would go down as remarkable? I can imagine such a result only being good for the sport. It opens things up dramatically, would be an upset for the ages, and I'd say Colombia (between their style, their players, and their fans) is a pretty easy underdog to root for.

And not to mention Colombia's sad World Cup history. I would be sad to see Brazil go home because I know the massive pressure on those players, how heartbroken the country would be, and because of the missed opportunity to overcome the ghost of 1950. Colombia has their own ghosts to overcome, though, and it would be no less poetic for them to win in the end.

Anyway, I know I'm getting ahead of myself. I can envision a scenario where Colombia effectively moves past Brazil, but chances are Brazil is going to wake up and test this Colombian team in a way they've yet to be tested. Their shortcomings may very well reveal themselves against more experienced, more settled franchises. Realistically, it wouldn't be a good idea to bet on Colombia getting much further.

Still, I suddenly can't help but to dream.

kottila

Ugh, I am so nervous.

Being Colombian, there is no doubt I am biased, but I have been seduced into thinking a World Cup win is possible for this team. I've watched ~85% of the games, and have even gone back and rewatched some games from World Cups of yore, and very, very few of the teams have brought the same dynamic, elegant football to the table. It's amazing to watch not simply because I enjoy watching my national team actually accomplishing something on a grand stage, but because the football on display is inherently uplifting. This has been an awesome, awesome World Cup, and I'm proud of Colombia's contribution to that.

Germany, France, and Brazil have all shown vulnerabilities. So have Argentina and Netherlands. A path to victory exists, and my god, can anyone deny that a World Cup which benefited from the participation of nearly every big team but that happened to be won by this team would go down as remarkable? I can imagine such a result only being good for the sport. It opens things up dramatically, would be an upset for the ages, and I'd say Colombia (between their style, their players, and their fans) is a pretty easy underdog to root for.

And not to mention Colombia's sad World Cup history. I would be sad to see Brazil go home because I know the massive pressure on those players, how heartbroken the country would be, and because of the missed opportunity to overcome the ghost of 1950. Colombia has their own ghosts to overcome, though, and it would be no less poetic for them to win in the end.

Anyway, I know I'm getting ahead of myself. I can envision a scenario where Colombia effectively moves past Brazil, but chances are Brazil is going to wake up and test this Colombian team in a way they've yet to be tested. Their shortcomings may very well reveal themselves against more experienced, more settled franchises. Realistically, it wouldn't be a good idea to bet on Colombia getting much further.

Still, I suddenly can't help but to dream.

The more you dream, the harder you fall. The energetic, passionate and exciting small countries never go all the way

akaoni

Banned

Don't worry, they won't have far to travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom