• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1UP sold to UGO/Hearst. EGM gone. 1up show & podcasts gone. 40 1up/EGM employees gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zeouterlimits said:
FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

Ryan(O'D) just got laid off!!!

Fuck :(

This is bummer news. I liked EGM, but more importantly i loved the 1up show and the 1up podcasts, and editors.

I hope everyone that was fired lands on their feet soon.

This sucks

Nooo, Ryan was the only creator of the 1up show left, and among my favorites of the whole 1up crew.

This is really shitty. Best of luck to all.

Dante

Shiiiit reading that Ryan is gone just sucks...... These guys will land on their feet, they are a talented bunch.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I love the 1up show and 1up yours. Only gaming podcasts I listend too...

What about my weekends?

Voltron64

No more 1up yours and 1up show?? NOOOO!!!

sbh6vs.gif

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
I cant believe its over. No more EGM, No more 1up show, Probly no more podcast.

Im so fucking bummed. fuck. this is just unreal. 1up podcast made my shitty week awesome.

GhaleonEB

BenjaminBirdie said:
Seriously. Ryan was always my favorite.
This kind of helps put a personal face on those so-huge-they-are-abstract jobs numbers each month. So many good people losing work, despite kicking ass. Brutal times.

jacobs34

I'm sorry to hear about EGM and the 1 Up Show, the work you guys did was truly transcendet. Good luck to everyone who gets laid off, hopefully you will all land on your feet soon.

ferricide

oh shit. man. MAN.

this is way worse than i anticipated when i first heard about this. man.

i was laid off from ZD a little over 4 years ago.. funny how it all comes rushing back when you hear the news. guess it helps that i know these guys so well.

fuck. dunno what else to say.

skip said:
thanks for your support with the podcasts. it was fun.
no dude, thank you. you put in a fuckton more effort than was called for into making 1up podcasts as good as they were. i really hope you guys can manage some reunion shit sometimes...hopefully while enjoying shiny new well paying jobs.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Holy crap this is like a nightmare, I don't know any of them personally but it sure feels like it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom