• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

1UP Yours - 08/30/08 - PAX Panel

I get that ad-block thing quite a lot with gamevideos, usually a page refresh sorts it but it doesn't seem to be working this time. Maybe there's too many people trying to view it. It's too late to start watching through it anyway, hopefully it's working tomorrow.

Oh god, this is golden @ 3 min in. Luke looks so bored at Conduit talk, and John's little waterbottle maneuver was great. This is gonna be awesome.

bathala

Banned
CoG said:
Been listening from nearly day one. I doubt the old Luke would have been so in love with Too Human. In fact, the whole TH love bit just came off as a way to troll on Shane.
visit Too Human official thread CRT+F Lukesmith

Vid have better audio than the podcast.

Shame tarp!

No sessler part. Part 2 maybe

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I'm continually surprised at all the Wii hate. I freakin love the thing.

J-Rzez

Vid's not tolerable at all. The stream is just flat out horrid. Will just wait for the dl version since ppl said the audio version was making them ram pencils in their ears to finish themselves off.

calder

sp0rsk said:
The advertisements won't load so I can't watch anything that is flash only on GV.
I've been having the exact same problem with videos at 1up for a few days now. Glad it's not just me...

aeolist

Banned
dexterslu said:
dude what?

what's up with dudes being so serious about 1up hate this weekend, seriously?
I love 1up, their podcasts, and the 1up Show. But Luke Smith never actually added anything to any of it, just obnoxious sarcasm.

Shane at least has interesting commentary to go with all the obvious trolling he does.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
calder said:
I've been having the exact same problem with videos at 1up for a few days now. Glad it's not just me...

We pushed a new build of the site on Friday. Obviously, there are some issues. I'll drop a note to Tech in the morning.

voltron

Download links almost up? I prefer to download this and watch on my TV (if the resolution is good enough - if its 1upshow quality then alls good).

sykoex

Lost all credibility.

DuckRacer

Also, if you use adblock, try disabling it before viewing vids from gamevideos (or any other site that loads ads before vids for that matter).

Farnack

Banned
Schrade said:
For those having problems trying to view the video, it's because you're running Flashplayer 10 beta/release candidate. Downgrade back to 9 and it'll work.

David: You guys need to fix your flash player to work with Flashplayer 10 please :)

And for everyone who don't want to jump through hoops to play it: Direct download link - http://download.gamevideos.com/21253/gv.com.1UPYoursLive082908_640x360.mp4
Awesome!

Well... no wonder the sound was terrible. Those mic look so crappy! :lol

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Schrade said:
It's because they're too close to them and the levels are too high.

Before the guys went up they were told to speak closely into the mics for some reason.

Schrade

lybertyboy said:
Before the guys went up they were told to speak closely into the mics for some reason.
Here's why :p

1608ked.jpg

Wow, is PAX a preview of the X08 show.

I mean they clapped for Shawn saying the PS3 analogue sucks and clapped for Too Human but nobody said anything when Sessler mentioned and raived Heavy Rain.

just saying.

BTW is somethin wrong with Mangod's hands or does he always clap like that.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Rapping Granny said:

I mean they clapped for Shawn saying the PS3 analogue sucks and clapped for Too Human but nobody said anything when Sessler mentioned Heavy Rain.

just saying.

I think he didn't want to "pop" the mic with high pitched clapping.

Farnack

Banned
Rapping Granny said:

I mean they clapped for Shawn saying the PS3 analogue sucks and clapped for Too Human but nobody said anything when Sessler mentioned Heavy Rain.

just saying.

Seattle is the home town of Microsoft.

Bill Gates probably paid everyone in PAX to spite on the Playstation. :lol

Schrade

Rapping Granny said:

just saying.
They are indeed mostly anti Sony fanboys. The comic makers and many of its fans are of the same attitude.

Darkpen

Banned
Farnack said:
Had to get this up.

Mangod has been man fed.

2mhsm5y.jpg
we need that in gif form :lol

But yeah, I actually haven't listened to the podcast yet, with all the people complaining about the audio, so I'll just wait for part 2 of this :D So awesome so far :D

Farnack

Banned
Darkpen said:
we need that in gif form :lol

But yeah, I actually haven't listened to the podcast yet, with all the people complaining about the audio, so I'll just wait for part 2 of this :D So awesome so far :D
Ugh, I would if I knew the new ways to make ani gifs.

VDub doesn't open mp4s.

Kuroyume

Banned
I want more 1up yours videos! That was really good.

They clapped for the criticism of the PS3 controller because it fucking sucks. It doesn't seem like they had FPS games in mind when they added them to the controller 10 years ago. A change is long overdue considering they're banking on two FPS titles.

Schrade

Kuroyume said:

They clapped for the criticism of the PS3 controller because it fucking sucks. It doesn't seem like they had FPS games in mind when they added them to the controller 10 years ago. A change is long overdue considering they're banking on two FPS titles.
Dude.. to have FPSes in mind you need a mouse and keyboard :p At least Sony thought ahead for that, it's just that the developers aren't taking advantage of it. (I'm looking at you, Guerrilla Games and Insomniac!)

Acid08

Banned
Kuroyume said:

The controller is fine and FPS's are perfectly playable.

Danielsan

Acid08 said:
The controller is fine and FPS's are perfectly playable.
The controller is fine but I too am in the camp that thinks the analog sticks don't work that well with fps games. I checked out the Resistance demo on PSN and that controlled just plain awkward.

Top Bottom