• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT2| OKC VS LA: Black on Black Crime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox318

good. no more knicks-age to shit up the thread.
and no more frankman!

CY7W2.jpg

Wade and Lebron play heavy minutes on the wing though so Nash would be feeding mediocre 3pt shooters. And no way would Lebron take a back seat and let Nash run a ton of pick and rolls with Bosh. And Lebron would have to give up dominating the ball in order for Nash to be effective on the heat. And that won't ever happen.

He would be feeding the same shooters that helped us have one of the top 3pt % this year. You don't know what the fuck would happen or what lebron would do with nash on the squad but please do continue acting like you do.

Wade and Lebron play heavy minutes on the wing though so Nash would be feeding mediocre 3pt shooters. And no way would Lebron take a back seat and let Nash run a ton of pick and rolls with Bosh. And Lebron would have to give up dominating the ball in order for Nash to be effective on the heat. And that won't ever happen.

It's all speculation but Nash PNR with Bron would be absurd as well.

There was room for Shannon Brown ISOs in PHO, Bron and Wade would get theirs, especially with a passed first great like Nash. He would be a net positive, I say that with no doubt in my mind what so ever.

as for minutes, Miller plays 20, Battier gets 23 Jones gets 13 and Chalmers gets 28 which would be reduced to 15 or so to rest Nash.

Stop making me defend MIA, STOP IT.

h3ro

I just wanna let it be known that I preferred the title to be:

|OT2| You spread cheeks. We spreadsheets.

kind of how lebron was never gonna sign with the heat?

It's all speculation but Nash PNR with Bron would be absurd as well.

There was room for Shannon Brown ISOs in PHO, Bron and Wade would get theirs, especially with a passed first great like Nash. He would be a net positive, I say that with no doubt in my mind what so ever.

as for minutes, Miller plays 20, Battier gets 23 Jones gets 13 and Chalmers gets 28 which would be reduced to 15 or so to rest Nash.

Stop making me defend MIA, STOP IT.

Is it even defending?

It would take a real idiot to truly believe one of the top 3 PGs in the game wouldn't be a positive.

espn said:
Thunder's James Harden wins NBA Sixth Man Award.

As if there was doubt.

espn said:
On a per-minute basis, Dwyane Wade blocked shots more often than Pau, KG, LaMarcus Aldridge and Chris Bosh this season.

espn said:
Tally up all the blocks by Kobe Bryant, Tony Allen and Avery Bradley this season. Still not more than Wade's total.

That D doe...

I think that the Mavs missed JJ more than Chandler this year. That's probably not a popular opinion, but his pick and roll skill set was imperative when it came freeing up shooters. JJ was also one of the few players that would drive to the basket. No one would attack the rim on that team this year. This is how I would improve the team:

1) Resign Kidd, but demote him to the bench. He's at a point in his career where he's not spry enough to be a starter, but he'd instantly be the best back up PG in the NBA.

2) Do not resign Terry. He's a streaky chucker that doesn't play defense. His asking price will be too high. I'm scared to death that Cuban is going to throw him a bone because of what he did in the Finals and because Terry keeps on saying he wants to retire a Maverick.

3) Improve upon the center position. Dirk has had the luxury of playing with Haywood and Dampier. I feel sorry for the guy. Two centers that were vastly overpaid and have stones for hands. Dirk has never played with a Center that can create his own shot or has a solid post game. That goes for Tyson Chandler too. Chandler gets a pass for his defense, but offensively he was only good for garbage points and lobs.

4) Get younger. With Terry gone, Beaubois should get more playing time. Mahimni is a quality back up, but nothing more.

5) The Mavs should transform into a more aggressive offensive team. I cannot stand teams whose offense focuses on jump shooting. It's too feast or famine for my liking. They need some aggressive wing players period. Players that will take the ball to the rim.

6) PG position upgrade is a must. If they strike out with Deron Williams I have no idea what they'll do. I'm thinking they might target Nash.

7) Overall, the defense is fine. I thought that they played OKC about as good as they could have defensively. I'd keep Marion in the starting line up and I'd recruit a solid wing defender that can start or come in off the bench. They really missed Stevenson too.

The Mavs lost this year because they had a putrid offense, no pick and roll game, and they suck at the center position. Deron Williams would instantly make the team better and you'd see Dirk's game rise to what it was last year. People wonder why Dirk regressed and it's simple: the offensive burden was too much. Kidd, Marion, and Haywood are all starters and they're all going to give you virtually nothing on the offensive end of the court. Hell, throw West in there too. So if Terry or Dirk had an off night they were toast. It's ridiculous. Let teams start doubling someone like Deron and they can't double Dirk. With that said, Dirk still had a great series.

I think that the Mavs missed JJ more than Chandler this year. That's probably not a popular opinion, but his pick and roll skill set was imperative when it came freeing up shooters. JJ was also one of the few players that would drive to the basket. No one would attack the rim on that team this year. This is how I would improve the team:

1) Resign Kidd, but demote him to the bench. He's at a point in his career where he's not spry enough to be a starter, but he'd instantly be the best back up PG in the NBA.

2) Do not resign Terry. He's a streaky chucker that doesn't play defense. His asking price will be too high. I'm scared to death that Cuban is going to throw him a bone because of what he did in the Finals and because Terry keeps on saying he wants to retire a Maverick.

3) Improve upon the center position. Dirk has had the luxury of playing with Haywood and Dampier. I feel sorry for the guy. Two centers that were vastly overpaid and have stones for hands. Dirk has never played with a Center that can create his own shot or has a solid post game. That goes for Tyson Chandler too. Chandler gets a pass for his defense, but offensively he was only good for garbage points and lobs.

4) Get younger. With Terry gone, Beaubois should get more playing time. Mahimni is a quality back up, but nothing more.

5) The Mavs should transform into a more aggressive offensive team. I cannot stand teams whose offense focuses on jump shooting. It's too feast or famine for my liking. They need some aggressive wing players period. Players that will take the ball to the rim.

6) PG position upgrade is a must. If they strike out with Deron Williams I have no idea what they'll do. I'm thinking they might target Nash.

7) Overall, the defense is fine. I thought that they played OKC about as good as they could have defensively. I'd keep Marion in the starting line up and I'd recruit a solid wing defender that can start or come in off the bench. They really missed Stevenson too.

The Mavs lost this year because they had a putrid offense, no pick and roll game, and they suck at the center position. Deron Williams would instantly make the team better and you'd see Dirk's game rise to what it was last year. People wonder why Dirk regressed and it's simple: the offensive burden was too much. Kidd, Marion, and Haywood are all starters and they're all going to give you virtually nothing on the offensive end of the court. Hell, throw West in there too. So if Terry or Dirk had an off night they were toast. It's ridiculous. Let teams start doubling someone like Deron and they can't double Dirk. With that said, Dirk still had a great series.
Shouldn't this go in offseason?

Brian Mahoney
The Miami Heat have issued an apology for their PA announcer's joke about Amare being extinguished from the game after fouling out.

lol

Douglas County (Colo.) sheriff's deputies searched the home of Denver Nuggets center Chris Andersen on Thursday as part of an investigation conducted by the Sheriff’s Internet Crimes Against Children unit.

Sheriff’s spokesman Ron Hanavan told the Associated Press that the colorfully-tattooed player nicknamed “Birdman” has been under investigation since February after the department received information for a law enforcement agency in California. Andersen has not been arrested or charged with a crime, Hanavan said.

According to a release on the Douglas County Sheriff’s Web site, the deputies “recovered property from the residence” in connection with the case. Property records obtained by the Denver Post indicate at least one other individual lives with Andersen at his home in Larkspur, and no details about the subject of the search have been released.

“The sheriff’s office did contact him this morning while he was at his house and he cooperated fully,” agency spokeswoman Deborah Sherman told the Denver Post.

Wow.

As if there was doubt.

That D doe...

Why are they combining those 3 random guards? Wade's block numbers are nice especially since he missed a chunk of games. But amongst guards Allen is 6th in blocks, Kobe 27th and Bradley 53rd.

It's not a playoff comparison since it's season totals and Green and George are in the playoffs and have better blocking numbers than Bradley/Kobe.

ESPN you so dumb.

Using the same premise Serge Ibaka has more total blocks than Larry Sanders, Trevor Brooks and Jamison combined.

giri

He said he would play for the Heat. He's gotta know what he would make too. I say we have as good a shot as anybody.

Nash would definitely help in the halfcourt. In reality, you would much rather have the ball in nash's hand than Lebron or Wade. They can still get their isos, but I would love more actual offensive sets. Like I said Miami seems to have as much a chance as anyone.

Not really, Nash would probably want to start, or get 20+mpg. Something miami doesn't offer him. Nash is known for not thinking very much of the douchey stuff miami did (particularly their first season).

He would only be good for the heat though. And would be great for Spo.

Nash will replace Fisher for our title defense next year. We'll trade Maynor for a roleplayer.

Thunder would score 120/game with Nash running backup PG.

If Nash went to the thunder he'd take YNB's starting spot 20 games in.

And it would be glorious.

Not really, Nash would probably want to start, or get 20+mpg. Something miami doesn't offer him. Nash is known for not thinking very much of the douchey stuff miami did (particularly their first season).

He would only be good for the heat though. And would be great for Spo.

Nash would start and he could play alot more than 20 mpg. Idk what you're talking about.

also

Nash said:
"I would listen," Nash said. "He's phenomenal. I love what they're doing there. A lot of people don't like them because they put all that talent there. But they're professional, they play hard, they play together. Their coaching staff has done a great job, so I have a tremendous amount of respect for them.

"I would definitely listen."

giri

Nash would start and he could play alot more than 20 mpg. Idk what you're talking about.

also

Right, he also said he would listen the last time he re-signed with the Suns.

Don't become lakers-age and think that it's some out right privilege to just be mentioned with possibly joining the team. Fact is you got no cap, no money, and he would be exceedingly marginalized unless LBJ finally had his head punched in and told he's not going to be dominating the ball all the time.

I think Nash would benefit Spo directly, as much as anyone else. Nash was one of the few players who actually tried to get the team to rally together behind terry porter (While telling the FO that it wasn't working out).

Right, he also said he would listen the last time he re-signed with the Suns.

Don't become lakers-age and think that it's some out right privilege to just be mentioned with possibly joining the team. Fact is you got no cap, no money, and he would be exceedingly marginalized unless LBJ finally had his head punched in and told he's not going to be dominating the ball all the time.

I think Nash would benefit Spo directly, as much as anyone else. Nash was one of the few players who actually tried to get the team to rally together behind terry porter (While telling the FO that it wasn't working out).

Its unlikely that Nash resigns with the Suns though. And the Heat have just as good a chance as anybody to sign him. At this point in his career I can definitely see him taking the MLE(I think we have it) and signing with a true contender. There are only a handful of teams that he would goto.

Also I find it hilariously ironic that you all chastise lebron so much for deferring all the time yet somehow will say in the same breathe that he wouldn't defer ball-handling duties to Nash. If Nash comes to Miami, you can guarantee that most of the touches will start will him.

giri

Its unlikely that Nash resigns with the Suns though. And the Heat have just as good a chance as anybody to sign him. At this point in his career I can definitely see him taking the MLE(I think we have it) and signing with a true contender. There are only a handful of teams that he would goto.

Also I find it hilariously ironic that you all chastise lebron so much for deferring all the time yet somehow will say in the same breathe that he wouldn't defer ball-handling duties to Nash. If Nash comes to Miami, you can guarantee that most of the touches will start will him.

Heat don't have just as good a chance as anybody else. I just covered why. But Ok.

And your second paragraph is childish non-sense that shows you haven't actually listened or know what anyone is talking about. Think about what deferring actually means, and what he gets piled on for, and then think about what LBJ does on the floor, and how that would directly contradict what Nash would bring.

Dirk lets plenty of other people get the ball up the court for him, but he's never knocked for "deferring on the big plays".

And for the record, i don't think Nash will be back with the suns unless they sign Eric Gordon.

Heat don't have just as good a chance as anybody else. I just covered why. But Ok.

And your second paragraph is childish non-sense that shows you haven't actually listened or know what anyone is talking about. Think about what deferring actually means, and what he gets piled on for, and then think about what LBJ does on the floor, and how that would directly contradict what Nash would bring.

Dirk lets plenty of other people get the ball up the court for him, but he's never knocked for "deferring on the big plays".

And for the record, i don't think Nash will be back with the suns unless they sign Eric Gordon.

No, you said they don't have alot of cap room which is true. I countered that.

And, your second paragraph is just as childish with the way you assume things. Lebron isn't mocked for simply passing on "big plays", he's frequently mocked everytime he passes up an opportunity to score. Which is deferring.

You have zero evidence to show how Lebron would act with an elite pg, yet you argue so strongly that he would not relinquish ball-handling duties to someone who could give him and everyone else better looks on offense. Thats sounds pretty childish to me.

I can see Nash going to the Lakers, Mavs, maybeeee the Magic (well maybe not because Otis Smith is a dumbass). Riley would have to pull his mafia pimp magic to get him to sign with the Heat and even then we would have to let go some key players.

also

Unlike your boys in Miami, Nash is a professional who doesn't make fun of opposing sick players, compare the negative media response to that of 9/11, hold a national TV show to announce where he is going next season, say how he is going to win 8+ championships, etc. Perhaps your boys in Miami could learn a thing or two of what it means to be a professional.

Unlike your boys in Miami, Nash is a professional who doesn't make fun of opposing sick players, compare the negative media response to that of 9/11, hold a national TV show to announce where he is going next season, say how he is going to win 8+ championships, etc. Perhaps your boys in Miami could learn a thing or two of what it means to be a professional.
whatisthis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom